Hacking (SXOS) I know i'm screwed......

Sintrial09

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I took my switch to get fixed at a repair shop since I was unable to do it myself. Showed them everything worked(OFW) and I told them to please not update the firmware on the switch. When I get it back, it's 11.0.1. I've looked around and it seems I'm screwed, since there is no update as of yet for 11.0.1 with SX OS. Was wondering if maybe there was anyway to get 3.1.0 with the current firmware? Also never messed with atmosphere and don't plan to. Also never made an emunand.

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I took my switch to get fixed at a repair shop since I was unable to do it myself. Showed them everything worked(OFW) and I told them to please not update the firmware on the switch. When I get it back, it's 11.0.1. I've looked around and it seems I'm screwed, since there is no update as of yet for 11.0.1 with SX OS. Was wondering if maybe there was anyway to get 3.1.0 with the current firmware? Also never messed with atmosphere and don't plan to. Also never made an emunand.
either use atmosphere or you will waiting quite a while for a update.

Basketto

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Why were you are a repair shop if everything worked OFW?
Literally only hardware repair shops exist for products like nintendo, outside sending the console to them directly. What exactly were you hoping they would do?

LyuboA

Unknown Entity
Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria

download Atmosphere download 10.2.0 firmware not 11.0.0 has many bugs fixed in 11.0.1 and just downgrade with Daybreak - it comes with Atmosphere then remove Atmosphere and use SXOS that easy

Sintrial09

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why were you are a repair shop if everything worked OFW?
Literally only hardware repair shops exist for products like nintendo, outside sending the console to them directly. What exactly were you hoping they would do?

replace the fan.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

download Atmosphere download 10.2.0 firmware not 11.0.0 has many bugs fixed in 11.0.1 and just downgrade with Daybreak - it comes with Atmosphere then remove Atmosphere and use SXOS that easy

Dont wanna brick my switch downgrading with daybreak

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
replace the fan.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Dont wanna brick my switch downgrading with daybreak

You are literally more likely to brick with choidujourNX

Do you have any kind of backup?

Also what type of switch is it? (RCM, iPatched with sxcore, Mariko with sxcore or lite with sxlite)

Sintrial09

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are literally more likely to brick with choidujourNX

Do you have any kind of backup?

Also what type of switch is it? (RCM, iPatched with sxcore, Mariko with sxcore or lite with sxlite)

The last backup I did was over a year when I upgraded from 5.1.0 to 8.0.1. It is also a switch I got at launch back in 2017. Pre-ordered it.

Sintrial09

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have an RCM switch it's pretty impossible to brick it. If you're worried, back up your NAND / boot0/1 first then you can always go back.

How would it be impossible? Wouldn't the fuse count be off since it was updated from 10.0.3 to 11.0.1?

Sintrial09

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RCM bootloaders bypass fuse count. The only way to brick an RCM switch is a hardware brick i.e frying the SOC or Screen.

Even prodinfo bricks are now recoverable

Alright, I'm down. I just downloaded the lastest atmosphere and it's on. I saw the system info so I know it's in atmosphere. I would love help to downgrade.

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Alright, I'm down. I just downloaded the lastest atmosphere and it's on. I saw the system info so I know it's in atmosphere. I would love help to downgrade.

Okay so, if you are in atmosphre to downgrade you just get the firmware files and install them with daybreak, you can find them by searching for darth sternies switch firmware.

Sintrial09

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so, if you are in atmosphre to downgrade you just get the firmware files and install them with daybreak, you can find them by searching for darth sternies switch firmware.

Would 10.0.3 be ok or 10.0.2 like someone said earlier? I never had a problem with 10.0.3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Apply snorgle to pinfor.