sxos - how do you emunand using nand backup from hekate

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by adamandkate, Sep 26, 2018.

1. adamandkate
    OP

adamandkate Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    i have a nand backup made using hekate ctaer.

i want to use the emunand feature in sxos... would i have to restore my nand using hekate ctaer and lose all my saves.... then use sxos to run the emunand feature again on the clean system?

thanks

2. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    you don't have to restore. The "EmuNAND" just creates few files on your user partition which are a copy of your NAND. So you can create EmuNAND on your current NAND.
    If you don't have enough space, you can uninstall/archive some games to get at least 15gb of free space.
    But watch out for bans.

3. adamandkate
    OP

adamandkate Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    wont that give me an emunand copied from my current nand that has been used for sxos which will lead to a network ban

4. SCOTT0852

SCOTT0852 Kid now, squid now

Jan 20, 2018
    United States
    Yes, but using an SX emunand online will get you banned anyways. The emunand is only 15gb, and Ninty can detect that and ban. I'd use EdiZon to backup your save files, restore nand, restore saves, and use the emunand solely for homebrew with sysnand being your OFW nand.

5. adamandkate
    OP

adamandkate Member

Newcomer
    Jan 31, 2008
    United States
    ah ok. thanks for your advice

wont bother doing it then. the only reason i want emunand is so that my son can play splatoon 2 without a ban.

6. paulzheng

paulzheng GBAtemp Regular

Dec 10, 2013
    China
    it could be banned if you use emunand play official games. anyway switch on airplane mode in your console.