Hacking Discussion SXOS emunand the works

midstor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SX emunand has been very "controversial" in the modding scene as well as TX has been very controversial, this leads to some false rumors from very reputable sources such as hexkyz. This thread isn't to ruin anyone's reputation but to spread awareness on the blind hate.

So let's get into it! How does emunand work?
In the case of sxos emunand Team Xecuter made it so when installing it copies system files to the USER partition and writes the nand to 2 files named

1 - nand00.bin
2 - nand01.bin
and the BOOT1 gets modified at the end with the string "EMUNAND0" if the SX bootloader detects EMUNAND0 it loads from nand00 & nand01 (.bin) its not very complicated. Now let's share some screenshots i took from my partitions before & after emunand installation.
ohAAcmu.png

This is the stock USER partition before a emunand installation as you can see no nand00 or nand01 files have been created.

fx9GQoK.png

this is the USER partition with emunand installed. these are copies of needed files to boot horizon OS.

NxhNZG8.png

This is the USER partition size before emunand install.

Now this is not detectable at the current moment with the aparent (getPartitionSize) does not detect how much is used but the max partition size which is not modified with an emunand installation meaning Horizon stock can NOT find the emunand making it safe at the moment. (as of 10/22/18)

This thread isn't to support team xecuter's decision but i do not support the blind hate for Team Xecuter, please do your own research or ask for proof as i have provided.

Thank you
(thread was made because the other one had a lot of community proof instead of OP posting most proof)

Last edited by midstor,

midstor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We already know that and have a thread dedicated to finding out how it works.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-does-sx-os-emunand-work.518936/
I made it because i thought there needed to be more, only one post trying to fight blind hate against a great product isn't enough clearly. And the OP of the other post didn't show much proof the user replies did.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I made it because i thought there needed to be more, only one post trying to fight blind hate against a great product isn't enough clearly. And the OP of the other post didn't show much proof the user replies did.

Reactions: deanspeed

Ilie11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So this means that by having Emunand and a clean nand you could go online without being banned? I think that someone was saying that the data that gets sent to Nintendo doesn't include the nand size.

Don't care about online play, just checking...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

midstor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So this means that by having Emunand and a clean nand you could go online without being banned? I think that someone was saying that the data that gets sent to Nintendo doesn't include the nand size.

Don't care about online play, just checking...

In theory yes.

Reactions: Ilie11

Ilie11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In theory yes.
Well then, if that's the case i'm sure that people won't care if it's called Emunand or Dualboot or whatever the he*l they want to call it as long as it does the job.

Sx Os 1 - others 0

I'm not a fanboy, i have been using all cfw's out there but i do think that tx are doing a good job.

midstor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well then, if that's the case i'm sure that people won't care if it's called Emunand or Dualboot or whatever the he*l they want to call it as long as it does the job.

Sx Os 1 - others 0

I'm not a fanboy, i have been using all cfw's out there but i do think that tx are doing a good job.

Can definently agree!

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Sx Os 1 - others 0

Ya don't win points for something that hasn't been proven. Right now it's just a THEORY,m not a proven FACT

iriez

Trophies
Website
www.xbins.org
XP
Country
United States
Lol I’ve been playing online on sysnand and offline on emunand since release. Still good

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Meaning, just because you are not banned now is no proof that you will not be banned at some point. This is very easy for Nintendo to fix. It will happen on the next update or the one there after.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: