Discussion SXOS emunand the works

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by midstor, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    No you have not. Anything in the NAND, whether the SYS or USER partition, is fair game for Nintendo to scan and thus detectable because the only way to put unsigned files/software in those partitions is by violating the Terms of Service aka modifying the console. An EmuNAND on the SD card is objectively better because files on an SD card indicate nothing; meaning you can insert the same SD card with the same files on an unhacked Switch and it won't be banned because there is no evidence the Switch violated the Terms of Service. The only way for you to prove its undetectable is to analyze the telemetry sent from the console and see if any of them go through the USER partition, which you did not do.

BL4Z3D247, zenamez and ZachyCatGames like this.
  2. midstor
    OP

midstor GBAtemp Regular

Aug 1, 2018
    United States
    for real? just look at the evidence i posted in the thread jesus fucking christ mate

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

have fun playing games!

3. Ashura66

Ashura66 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 1, 2016
    Portugal
    Under my bed
    What evidence? The only thing you proved is that it works as TX explained, nothing more. You didn't PROVE that it's not detectable. You SAY it's not but you offered no tangible proof to back up your claims. No analysis of telemetry, nothing. I will say again, absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Also funny that you chose to ignore the comment that completely and utterly disproves anything you said. Allow me to quote that for you

deanspeed, 133mhz and BL4Z3D247 like this.
  4. midstor
    OP

midstor GBAtemp Regular

Aug 1, 2018
    United States
    I proved that nand00 and nand01 are on the USER partition which isn't scanned my Nintendo so its not detectable i also said that it can be fixed in a later update. Please actually read the thread before blindly hating on a post. Thanks <3

guitarheroknight likes this.
  5. Ashura66

Feb 1, 2016
    Portugal
    Under my bed
    And, again, you are ignoring the post that completely disproves you.Again, allow me

While you did say that nand00 and nand01 are on the USER partition(Which everyone already knew) you offered NO TANGIBLE EVIDENCE that this isn't detectable

Last edited by Ashura66, Oct 22, 2018
  6. midstor
    OP

midstor GBAtemp Regular

Aug 1, 2018
    United States
    the whole nand is copied to nand00 and nand01 making Nintendo not be able to see cfw via stock firmware. Please think with common since

7. Ashura66

Feb 1, 2016
    Portugal
    Under my bed
    Again, you are claiming shit without offering tangible evidence. Where is your proof that Nintendo can't detect it? Did you do extensive research on the telemetry sent to Nintendo to be able to make these claims with such certainty? Until you DO such research, you have not proved anything

8. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    SO if they implement something, which will look actively look for .bin, they still can't detect it? Please, think before saying something.
    They might not be detecting it now, but it is detectable.

9. midstor
    OP

midstor GBAtemp Regular

Aug 1, 2018
    United States
    I looked at the switchbrew page, nothing details viewing root of USER for the files.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I fucking said that at the current time it cant be detected meaning that a system update can make it detectable

10. DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM GBAtemp Guru

Feb 10, 2009
    United States
    Sacramento, California
    But wouldn't the existence of files in a folder that shouldn't have any files in it (not including subfolders) be easily detectable?

11. midstor
    OP

midstor GBAtemp Regular

Aug 1, 2018
    United States
    In a new update, yes.
    the current firmware (6.0.1) no.

12. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    If Nintendo send a check on NandSize, it's game over for your Switch.
    This is easily detectable, might even be detectable right now. We don't know for sure.

If they had a PROPER EmuNAND it would been on an external device (SD card?) and the original NAND untouched.

133mhz, BL4Z3D247 and zenamez like this.
  13. xabier

xabier GBAtemp Fan

Dec 10, 2006
    United States
    Well, yeah jpg files are signed software (sig).

14. AsmodeusML

AsmodeusML Member

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2016
    Belarus
    You know well what was meant. Having small .jpg files where they should be is one thing, having huge-ass files in sysNAND used to launch separate CFW is asking for trouble potentially

15. guitarheroknight

guitarheroknight 1.6180339887

Nov 9, 2014
    Norway
    Grand Line
    The nand size is exactly the same as before as far as I know. Proper is a subjective term in this case since the said emunand does actually emulate the entire os, just on the same piece of hardware which in terms is the greatest flaw of them all in regards of bricks.

But then again, even a "proper" emunand wouldn't make much of the difference since Nintendo does not ban the NAND but rather the cert which is visible and shared on both nands. That being said an SD card emunand is no different than the one on the NAND chip since both of them are equally vurnable to bans. The thing that's risky though on SX's method is the fact that you could i guess brick your console more easily if you were to fuck with it.

Last edited by guitarheroknight, Oct 22, 2018
  16. Yami Anubis ZX

Yami Anubis ZX GBAtemp Regular

Mar 20, 2016
    United States
    That's also illegal for Nintendo to do aswell whether it's TOS or not, that's spying in another term and companies aren't allowed to do that whatsoever even with your authority, don't give me your holier than thou bullcrap, you may hate Xecuter but SciresM is exactly as bad, if not worse, just hiding behind words making him look like he's great when all he has done is destroyed this scene.

Those that defend him are just as bad and those that defend Nintendo for spying on people's hardware, even if you don't agree to there TOS are corporate stooges, Corporations aren't gonna be around forever you know, Nintendo might, in another form like they have been doing but world changes every so often.

17. midstor
    OP

midstor GBAtemp Regular

Aug 1, 2018
    United States
    If it was illegal for nintendo to spy on the hardware and software, bans couldn't be a thing so basically all major companies could be shut down. It is illegal to collect data such as IP etc without users consent.

18. Ashura66

Feb 1, 2016
    Portugal
    Under my bed
    Actually no, no they are not, as you aren't doing anything illegal by placing files on the SD card, while modifying files on the actual NAND(Adding, replacing, changing in any way, shape or form) is. So an EMUNAND on the SD card is much less vulnerable since, ASAWK, Nintendo doesn't get telemetry on what you have on the SD card, only the NAND

19. Don Jon

Don Jon GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 20, 2015
    United States
    "IF"

20. Ashura66

Feb 1, 2016
    Portugal
    Under my bed
    No, it's definitely NOT illegal for them to get telemetry on your system. they cant get your PERSONAL data but data on your system? totally within the law for them to receive. As for the rest of your comment don't be retarded. Draxzelex isn't giving any sort of hate towards TX, nor have they ever done so in any comment. Explaining how something works or what someone is doing wrong isn't the same as hating. And how has SciresM destroyed the scene exactly? By making an actually competent CFW using their own hard work and not by copying stuff of someone else? Oh please, if anyone is acting holier than thou here is you, cut the BS

At this point it's more of a "when" and less of an "if"