SXOS Emunand - How to Upgrade your SD Card

Discussion in 'Switch - Tutorials' started by Modzvilleusa, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Modzvilleusa
    OP

Modzvilleusa Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2019
    United States
    Hey guys I made a video on how to upgrade your Micro Sd Card if you're running SXOS Emunand.
    Here

The short and sweet of the process is you need to grab these two programs
    HDD RAW COPY TOOL
    MINI TOOL PARTITION WIZARD (FREE VERSION)
    1. Use HDD Raw Copy Tool to clone your current sd card to a file
    2. Write that file to your new SD card
    3. open up Mini Tool and make a not of the size of the unallocated data before your main sd partition (this is your emunand)
    4. See if you can extend your main partition to the right keeping the unallocated space before your main partion. This might be possible if you're formatted to Fat32, however I was unable to extend my partion using exfat.
    5. If you cannot extend your partition, backup of the contents of your sd card to your computer. Delete your main partition, create a new partition with the same amount or more unallocated space before. and copy your backed up files back onto your sd card.

I know this may sound a bit convoluted to some but It's waaaaay easier and less tedious than backing up all your saves individually / reinstalling all your games + save files.
    I know this is a very niche situation but I hope that this helps some people down the line.

Hmed, WesMods, CrisFTW and 2 others like this.
  2. huma_dawii

huma_dawii GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth
    Thank you, I wanted to know how to do this!

Hmed likes this.
  3. CrisFTW

CrisFTW GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    Any way to increase the emunand size using the sd card? Instead of 32GB internal (emu) storage. Homebrew corrupts files even on Fat32 and installing games on to the nand never corrupts

Hmed likes this.