1. Modzvilleusa

OP Modzvilleusa Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hey guys I made a video on how to upgrade your Micro Sd Card if you're running SXOS Emunand.
    Here

The short and sweet of the process is you need to grab these two programs
    HDD RAW COPY TOOL
    MINI TOOL PARTITION WIZARD (FREE VERSION)
    1. Use HDD Raw Copy Tool to clone your current sd card to a file
    2. Write that file to your new SD card
    3. open up Mini Tool and make a not of the size of the unallocated data before your main sd partition (this is your emunand)
    4. See if you can extend your main partition to the right keeping the unallocated space before your main partion. This might be possible if you're formatted to Fat32, however I was unable to extend my partion using exfat.
    5. If you cannot extend your partition, backup of the contents of your sd card to your computer. Delete your main partition, create a new partition with the same amount or more unallocated space before. and copy your backed up files back onto your sd card.

I know this may sound a bit convoluted to some but It's waaaaay easier and less tedious than backing up all your saves individually / reinstalling all your games + save files.
    I know this is a very niche situation but I hope that this helps some people down the line.

Jertrn2g, swiitness, Penn and 8 others like this.
  2. huma_dawii

huma_dawii GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Thank you, I wanted to know how to do this!

Hmed likes this.
  3. CrisFTW

CrisFTW GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Any way to increase the emunand size using the sd card? Instead of 32GB internal (emu) storage. Homebrew corrupts files even on Fat32 and installing games on to the nand never corrupts

Hmed likes this.
  4. ninjistix

ninjistix GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i found your video after some searching, so came here to say thanks :D

edit: was able to upgrade my 256 to a 512, had a few bumps but it was my sd card reader.

Last edited by ninjistix, Jun 3, 2019
  5. naz2x

naz2x Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Used this method to upgrade 128 gb to 200 gb.

slaphappygamer likes this.
  6. stüssy

stüssy Member
    Newcomer

Any way to do this on a Mac?

7. slaphappygamer

slaphappygamer GBAtemp Addict

United States
    oh damn, i format new as exfat and mini tool partition wizard shows (bad disk). i format same new card as fat32 and same result. any suggestions?

just realizied my original card is exfat. this method may not work for me.

strange. i just removed my card and restarted my laptop. mini tool sees the drive and all partitions now. im continuing your tut now.

update:totally worked. not sure why restarting my laptop worked, but all my stuff is there now the way it was,

Last edited by slaphappygamer, Jul 19, 2019
  8. daveypageviews

Newcomer

United States
    EDIT: For anyone reading this still...I got it to work! Using the above tutorial, I copied the data back via Windows instead of MacOS, and it worked without problem!

In a nutshell:

Used HDD Raw Copy tool to copy 128GB -> 512GB. At this point, the SD card had an unpartitioned ~30 GB at the beginning (presumably for EmuNAND), then a 90 GB partition (with my content), then another unpartitioned 350 GB afterwards. Since it was exFAT, I was not able to extend the partition using MiniTool. I tried to do so using DiskGenius, but it kept giving me a $bitmap error message.

Per this guideline, I deleted the 90GB partition, and then created a new exFAT partition utilizing all the rest of the space, while keeping that ~30 GB unallocated space free in the beginning of the card.

Now, my switch will boot CFW from SxOS, but when I log in the switch, it says that it can not read the SD card. Which is odd, because I have all my NSPs along with save files from before. These NSPs run great.

It's as if it's not recognizing the "root" portion of the card. My NSPs are loading just fine, but I am not able to access programs such as checkpoint, DuJour, etc, because it's not recognizing the /switch folder in the root of SD card. Any glaring flaws with this transfer, or tips for it to recognize that these folders are indeed in the root? It just seems odd that I am still able to run NSPs, with the same save files.

Last edited by daveypageviews, Mar 30, 2020
  9. naz2x

naz2x Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Upgraded to 400 gb sd card with this guide.

10. Vsappel

Vsappel Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    Thanks for this guide, but if you can't extend the partition I recommend format the partition in NTFS and then extend instead of delete the partition, this way you don't risk corrupt the hidden partition of emunand.
    After that, you can format this partition in any format you desire.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Emunand, Upgrade,