Hacking Question SXOS->Atmosphere, XCI external installs?

bongman420

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since SXOS is no longer being updated, I want to move to Atmosphere. My only issue, and the only reason I am on SXOS is for the XCI external game boot.

I have about 1.5TB of XCIs, too many to install onto the internal SD card.

I understand the XCI loader was only on SX, but is there any possible way to install XCIs to the external that holds them instead of the SD card?

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since SXOS is no longer being updated, I want to move to Atmosphere. My only issue, and the only reason I am on SXOS is for the XCI external game boot.

I have about 1.5TB of XCIs, too many to install onto the internal SD card.

I understand the XCI loader was only on SX, but is there any possible way to install XCIs to the external that holds them instead of the SD card?
No, there is not. While you can install from the hard drive the XCIs are on, they need to install to the Switch's NAND (if you're using emummc, the switch's "internal nand" is your sd card) or the SD card. There are no exceptions.

satch4684

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
personally I like atmosphere quite a bit more so I'm happy with the move when I finally did it.

however this could just be because I am a little bit more informed on modding at this point. when SXOS was still active I really didn't know much of what I was doing.

also the full size of the original XCI file will not be what installs to your SD

Last edited by satch4684,
Reactions: mathew77

bongman420

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright thank you guys for the replies. Just sucks because I absolutely hate having to uninstall/reinstall different games constantly.. (I have bad ADD and can only handle playing a single game for like 20 minutes)
Just gotta wait for the price of a 1TB sd card to drop I guess lmao.

almmiron

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Alright thank you guys for the replies. Just sucks because I absolutely hate having to uninstall/reinstall different games constantly.. (I have bad ADD and can only handle playing a single game for like 20 minutes)
Just gotta wait for the price of a 1TB sd card to drop I guess lmao.

or if you know what you're doing, there's a way(ish) to make sxos work on newer firmwares,

here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/hack-sxos.582831/

Last edited by almmiron,

jellybeangreen2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With no SXOS anymore, what’s people’s preference on storing games. In XCI or NSP?

I’m looking to try and keep all games in one format, thanks

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With no SXOS anymore, what’s people’s preference on storing games. In XCI or NSP?

I’m looking to try and keep all games in one format, thanks
Well since with Atmosphere, you have to install both, it doesn't make that much of a difference although .XCI files by default are larger than .NSP files which are the smallest forms of games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt