SXOS 7.0.1 on 8.x.x FW officially broken?

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by viper3344, May 8, 2019.

1. Unleanone999

Unleanone999 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 15, 2018
    Togo
    All my nsp's work on 8.0.1. I stopped using sx installer and went either goldleaf or tinfoil for nsp installs. Sx installer has been known to have corrupted data installs since last year and that's one the reason why I stopped using it.

Last edited by Unleanone999, May 9, 2019
  2. IpponDatara

IpponDatara Member

Newcomer
    Jul 12, 2018
    Germany
    That’s not true. I’m on 6.2 and got corruption message with the built in tool. However the games still work. So this is not a clear indicator that the games don’t work on the new sxos

3. Nincompoopdo

Nincompoopdo GBAtemp Fan

May 20, 2017
    United States
    That's what TX said, "the games will work even with corruption message" - that's why they ignored it in the past. Now if you update to FW8.01 and use SXOS 2.71, they won't work anymore.

Last edited by Nincompoopdo, May 9, 2019
    IpponDatara likes this.
  4. SpaceJump

SpaceJump GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 18, 2005
    Germany
    Zebes
    Which installer did you use?

5. viper3344
    OP

viper3344 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 18, 2011
    United States
    But does the album installer work now? Meaning, if you re-install them via the new firmware the SXOS update through album, they wont read as corrupt anymore?

6. huma_dawii

huma_dawii GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth
    Why you use NSP having SX OS, the whole point of SX OS is XCI for me is forwing great.

7. viper3344
    OP

Aug 18, 2011
    United States
    Many XCI's take a long time to display. When you have a 400gb sd card willed with XCI's the album takes like 3 min to cache it

8. Sumandora

Sumandora Im using Parental Controls. Change my Mind!

Nov 13, 2018
    Germany
    my are working fine... trash thread... btw TX has their own Forum then you can ask what to do...

9. Nincompoopdo

Nincompoopdo GBAtemp Fan

May 20, 2017
    United States
    The new SXOS native installer works fine now, no more corruption message. Look on the bright side, you have to reinstall all those corrupted games again, but at least now they are all installed properly without problems in the future.

njchris likes this.
  10. viper3344
    OP

Aug 18, 2011
    United States
    Yeah I am thinking about it that way as well haha :)

Just debating if I want to update now.... I don't use emunand at all (on a launch unpatched switch) and not sure if I lose anything by updating the sysnand to 8.x.x or if I am in the clear if I have an unpatched switch.

11. WarSpaz

WarSpaz Member

Newcomer
    Dec 26, 2017
    Sweden
    I ony use xci, mostly custom xcis with built in updates and dlc. Not a single issue. And I know I may miss out on some future update or dlc this way, but it doesn't bother me at all.

Using 2.7.1 on 8.0.1 btw

Last edited by WarSpaz, May 9, 2019
    XTRIPLEX and huma_dawii like this.
  12. Clockdryve

Clockdryve Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2019
    United States
    But it's still good to have information here too. I'm still on 6.20 CFW using Atmosphere.

I'm still interested on what's going on....and any issues I might run into if I "pull that trigger" so to speak right now.

13. Triptamine

Triptamine Member

Newcomer
    Jun 25, 2018
    Australia
    Do you make the XCIs or find them already compiled? When I upgraded to a 512gb card I went from pure xci and exfat to emunand on fat32 and I'm thinking of switching back.

14. WarSpaz

WarSpaz Member

Newcomer
    Dec 26, 2017
    Sweden
    Mostly pre compiled but some I make myself

Skickat från min ONEPLUS A6003 via Tapatalk

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted