Question SXOS 2.2 and USB 2.0 drives

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by chrisrlink, Oct 25, 2018.

1. chrisrlink
    OP

chrisrlink Intel Pentium III Hamster inside

Aug 27, 2009
    United States
    inside your crappy old PC
    so I have the 2.2 beta and my drive enclosure a 2.0 USB (I already have a 500GB 3.5" internal for it) comes in the mail tomorrow question is would a USB 2.0 work for loading XCI's or do i absolutely need a 3.0 USB?

2. jajamundo

jajamundo GBAtemp Regular

Aug 28, 2009
    United States
    It works. As far as I know, the switch doesnt have USB 3.0 entable yet.

Dont know if SX OS enable it. Just make sure you have a external power suply for your HDD or a Y cable

larrypretty likes this.
  3. chrisrlink
    OP

Aug 27, 2009
    United States
    it comes with one (EPS) so i'm good

4. KHEOPS

KHEOPS GBAtemp Fan

Aug 29, 2018
    France
    The switch has a usb3 port inside the dock next to the hdmi
    Otherwise I tried a 15gb usb flash drive formatted in exfat cluster by default win10 does not work, 512kb cluster, does not work, nothing works, not very serious but if I have to buy an hdd for that, it is not reassuring
    Sxos v 2.2.1
    Switch fw 5.01

5. jajamundo

jajamundo GBAtemp Regular

Aug 28, 2009
    United States
    I know the switch has one, but is not enable yet. So doesnt matter if you use a USB 3.0, you only get USB 2.0 speeds

scroeffie likes this.
  6. jajamundo
    This message by jajamundo has been removed from public view by Joe88, Nov 3, 2018.
    Nov 3, 2018
  7. KHEOPS

KHEOPS GBAtemp Fan

Aug 29, 2018
    France
    Yeah anyway it doesn't work for me, whether it's the usb1 or 2 port or the usb3 port that has a usb2 flow, thanks

8. johnsnow

johnsnow Member

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2018
    Australia
    What USB drive are you using? Maker and model number?

9. KHEOPS

KHEOPS GBAtemp Fan

Aug 29, 2018
    France
    Hello
    USB flash drive verbatim 15go
    But I don't understand that it doesn't work for me
    [​IMG]

Last edited by KHEOPS, Nov 3, 2018
  10. fadafwet

fadafwet Member

Newcomer
    May 22, 2015
    Canada
    Did you find a solution to make your disk work with sxos ? because I still don't
    If you do please share your secret

11. peteruk

peteruk GBAtemp Addict

Jun 26, 2015
    I've tested a couple of usb 2.0 flash drives and also a WD Elements 1tb hdd (self powered) all seem to be working fine

That said my drive of choice is a 256gb Patriot usb 3.1 in the rear port, works great and no sleep mode issues

12. Ferris1000

Ferris1000 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 10, 2017
    Germany
    I also tried to load xci files from an USB Stick and HDD, my Nintendo Switch found the games but after 2 minutes (like in the middle of a game intro) I get message that the game card was removed and after that the Games are not more visible until I unplug and plug in the USB-Stick/HDD again.
    I used exFAT with standard allocation size.
    Both are USB 3.0 supported devices.

If anyone know a solution it would be great to know.

13. KHEOPS

KHEOPS GBAtemp Fan

Aug 29, 2018
    France
    I just came back from the store, I bought USB-C > USB A female adapter, to test directly my USB key on the switch, it doesn't work either, so for me it has nothing to do with my USB key, it has always worked, repairs dozens of PCs with it,whether in ntfs, exfat, fat, fat 32 format or any cluster size

just fucking the sxos driver which is rotten dot to the line, as much in the lottery as in looking for a hdd compatible with this sxos 2 shit.2.1 here I am,
    I'm not a noob, rarely ask for help on a forum, I have my pride, but here I just tell the xecuter team to go back to work to provide us with something that works 100%
    I'm not going to reformatted my 2tb maxtor usb3 ntfs in exfat hdd, where my xci and nsp switch games are stored, in exfat just to test this shit that doesn't even certify that it will work, shit to do other than tinker with this shit for hours tchao.

Last edited by KHEOPS, Nov 3, 2018
  14. bostonBC

bostonBC GBAtemp Maniac

Aug 17, 2011
    United States
    You know that many flash drives cut corners in how they implement USB support right?

Going back to the days of the Wii most hard drives worked fine with USB loaders and flash drives was a hit or miss.

So expecting TX to magically support tens of thousands of makes and models of flash drives is asking quite a bit. Especially when what isn't working is a 16GB flash drive from the Windows XP era.

FWIW I've tried out both a 128 and 256GB flash drive and they worked fine.

15. chrisrlink
    OP

Aug 27, 2009
    United States
    yes it works had 5 XCI's on it I hope TX makes nsp installable onto HDD's soon maybe next update