NULL

SX Pro, is life easier if I just accept that I will get banned and stop worrying?

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by LoggerMan, Jun 9, 2019.

1. LoggerMan
    OP

LoggerMan GBAtemp Fan

Jun 10, 2011
    so of course I should do what I can to avoid a ban, but should I just accept that my Switch is now tainted and stop worrying about losing access to CDN servers and multiplayer servers? If I'm playing offline all the time anyway then I've effectively banned myself from those servers anyway. I only ask this because installing nsp's is not only convenient it's also the only format the hbg shop works in.

2. aerios169

aerios169 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 30, 2012
    Mexico
    Just use emunand AND dont worry

3. Holybond

Holybond Member

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2009
    United States
    You could also wait for that open source Emunand that might be coming out soon. Well..it's stated to be coming soon.

4. LoggerMan
    OP

LoggerMan GBAtemp Fan

Jun 10, 2011
    I am using EmuNAND on the SX Pro. deleted my user account before creating EmuNAND but I forgot to factory reset, so a bunch of stuff carried over, but not my game saves because I uploaded those to cloud and deleted my account.

Is EmuNAND really safe, doesn't it have the same tickets or console ID as sysnand?

5. LapCheong

LapCheong GBAtemp Regular

Mar 6, 2019
    Australia
    If you keep your emunand offline all the time, yea it is very safe. Since there it is separated from the sysnand and exist on the sd card. Until...the big boys decides to do something about it.

LeviDL likes this.
  6. theguyver

theguyver Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 6, 2015
    United States
    been using sxos since for a year. All my online games are on sysnand ( mario kart, smite, tetris) and everything else on emunand. I go online daily. Havent been banned but I have accepted if I do get banned in the future its ok.

7. LoggerMan
    OP

LoggerMan GBAtemp Fan

Jun 10, 2011
    that was my original plan, keep it offline all the time. But then I noticed the updates for games I was getting weren't actually the latest updates and saw someone recommend HBG to update instead, which means I need to take it online to get HBG to work.

I mean I could do that, keep running sysnand like normal, with EmuNAND going with everything else and only going online with EmuNAND to access HBG, then wait until I get banned and simply buy another switch and load my profile from the cloud onto it.

8. LapCheong

Mar 6, 2019
    Australia
    Easy use a 90DNS to prevent traffic being send to nintendo, or use incognito to wipe your serial from your switch so it will not be able to connect to nintendo at all. Since there is no way to verify who you are when connecting hence error

9. Ishzark

Ishzark Member

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2018
    Germany
    my Switch is banned and I couldn't care less - local gaming still works and if you don't intend to play games online it's okay - only thing that annoys me is that he always tries to connect to servers(e.g. AC III with Ubisoft) and gives me an error message.

I may have to regret my banned switch when Pokemon Sword and Shield are out but we'll see that

10. LoggerMan
    OP

LoggerMan GBAtemp Fan

Jun 10, 2011
    You might be onto something, I'll setup 90DNS for EmuNAND now, and I just might continue using sysnand for online play for now, with the outlook of sysnand being one day banned and needing to buy a vanilla switch to play online again.

11. ELY_M

ELY_M GBAtemp Regular

Dec 6, 2007
    United States

switch tablets are very cheap now. $149 on ebay :) you can buy unbanned one and use it for online play only.

Ishzark likes this.
  12. der:Tom

der:Tom GBAtemp Regular

Oct 3, 2008
    Austria
    Afaik HBG won't work with 99dns, or at least that's what they say on Dumbra

13. LapCheong

Mar 6, 2019
    Australia
    No problem incognito then, please read how it works and please please backup. If not you won't get back your serial and your switch will be forever serial-less and not able to connect to nintendo

14. ELY_M

ELY_M GBAtemp Regular

Dec 6, 2007
    United States

thats why I did mod to the incognito and did pull request to blawar. press B to backup your prodinfo.bin

15. MasterJ360

MasterJ360 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    Money might be tight for ya but a clean 2nd switch feels like a cure of ban fear. But the existence of emunand is suppose to make your life easier.
    if he has the sxos then he only needs the built-in stealth mode to use HGB works fine for me so far.

BlackTSQ likes this.
  16. RedHunter

RedHunter GBAtemp Fan

Dec 12, 2014
    Italy
    In a month I've been online for exactly a year and still not banned. I've also done a lot of dangerous things, like playing homebrew stuff on sysnand (before emunand was released) like emulators and stuff. Who knows maybe I'm lucky?

Just use emunand offline and with the ban protection on, and on sysnand use original games only and you'll be fine but remember this stuff put always your console at risk.

17. digipimp75

digipimp75 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 16, 2014
    United States
    I've been using it since launch, and before emunand was an option. Still not banned. Then again, I'm almost always in airplane mode, and pretty much never go online except once in a while to check and see if I can connect to eshop

18. upfromtheskies

upfromtheskies GBAtemp Regular

Mar 21, 2015
    United States
    Yes, just accept you could get banned, worrying about it won't help. Some people have played pirated games and haven't had any problems, and some have gotten banned just from installing home brew apps, there doesn't seem to be any logic behind how they ban people. If you do get banned, you could always pick up a second Switch tablet, they're usually around $150 but you can get them cheaper sometimes.

ELY_M likes this.
  19. gene0915

gene0915 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 6, 2008
    United States
    FWIW, I started pirating on my Switch the day I got my SX Pro. I only did XCI loading for months and months and months. The DAY I installed an NSP was the day I got banned. It was a pain in the butt!!!!!! to keep games manually updated after the ban. But since hbg came along, updates are super simple but who knows how long that will last.

20. mattytrog

mattytrog You don`t want to listen to anything I say.

Apr 27, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Offline emunand = you don`t exist.
    Online sysnand = you do exist.

That about sums it up.

gizmomelb likes this.