Hacking Question SX OX- Reinix- Rajnx/// what is the best option?

Which CHW should i get

• Total voters

Netio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
Hi!
I was waiting a little bit and see if some day we would be able to use one of these CFW without getting banned but i think that this will never happen, so i have read about SX OX and Reinix a little bit, my console is updated to the latest version, i don´t mind to paid the license for SX OX but i would like to know now that we have Reinix and Rajnx this license worth it...

Which CFW do you prefer right now???

CobraX83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi!
I was waiting a little bit and see if some day we would be able to use one of these CFW without getting banned but i think that this will never happen, so i have read about SX OX and Reinix a little bit, my console is updated to the latest version, i don´t mind to paid the license for SX OX but i would like to know now that we have Reinix and Rajnx this license worth it...

You can always go with the free option such as ReiNX etc and donate to the devs as opposed to buying something you technically do not need. That is the best answer I can personally give to you :)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All CFW will get you banned so it does not matter which one you pick with regards to that.

As for objective differences between the the three CFW (RajNX is not really a CFW if you read the thread title, it is labeled as a starter pack because that's what it is), they share basically all of the same features except that SX OS has raw .XCI loading. .XCI files are 1:1 copies of Switch cartridges. The other CFW support primarily .NSP files which are installable content, similar to the .CIA format used on the 3DS. However, .XCI is inferior to the .NSP format since you can load everything from games, updates, and DLC with .NSP but you can only load games with .XCI. You can also convert .XCI to .NSP with a tool known as 4NXCI or install the .XCI directly with the homebrew app ZeroTwoXCI.

The advantages other CFW have over SX OS include better compatibility with homebrew such as EdiZon, more customization options to the end-user, and most importantly are free.

Reactions: CobraX83

coolfi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi!

The choice should be yours they are both good Raj and Rai and they work cross each other try and see which you like, find easy and stick to that, as for SXOX I wouldn't piss on it if they paid me let alone the other way around.

Last edited by coolfi,

Netio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
I appreciate all your answers, i have decided to use Reinx and donate, based on the answers, Rainx and Rajnx are the same, is there a tutorial i can follow for Rainx?
I{m sorry but i could not find any information

Reactions: kumikochan

Netio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
Guys! i have recently installe Reinx and i enabled the Auto RCM option, in completely turned off the console and try to turn it on immediatly, but the computed does not recognize the console and i cannot inject the payload... any help?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys! i have recently installe Reinx and i enabled the Auto RCM option, in completely turned off the console and try to turn it on immediatly, but the computed does not recognize the console and i cannot inject the payload... any help?
How did you completely turn off the console? Any shutdowns in Horizon with AutoRCM installed reboots the Switch into RCM. If you didn't properly shut it down, it may have been draining battery in RCM and is now dead.

Otherwise, hold the power button for 12 seconds to ensure that it is actually off. Then you should restart the computer as sometimes it has trouble detecting if its in RCM. Then press power once and it should enter RCM if AutoRCM is installed. It may also be worth trying out the other USB ports.

Netio

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
Thank you so much for helping me Draxzelex, i was able to inject it using a different USB port, i dont know why im not able to inject the payload using my cellphone, anyways, i really appreciate your help

Do you recommend to enable the auto RCM?

XLuma

Pkmn Rom Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Auto ARCM is a dangerous feature for the switch, tho it is useful if you don’t want to enter rcm with grounding the pins.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much for helping me Draxzelex, i was able to inject it using a different USB port, i dont know why im not able to inject the payload using my cellphone, anyways, i really appreciate your help

Do you recommend to enable the auto RCM?
I personally use AutoRCM because I do not want to buy a jig when I can just hack my Switch without one and instead use a paperclip. A paperclip can damage the pins much more easily than a jig. And as long as you are aware of how AutoRCM functions, its benefits outweigh the cons.

Bohne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So it is possible to play .XCI games converting them into .NSP file before?

Is there a tutorial for that?

D

Deleted User

Tried TX SX OS, ReiNX and Hekate. Ended up with Hekate as you can switch to OFW lilke tx os and no need to purchase a license.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.