Hacking SX OS - Will I lose my Zelda save game if I install a new Zelda XCI that includes DLC?

Rockstead

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I have a Switch running the latest SX OS.

I have Zelda XCI installed and I downloaded a new full version that also includes all the DLC, also in XCI format.

1. Do I delete my current Zelda install before installing new one? If not, then what is the procedure?

2. Is there any chance I could mess up my save game in this process? If so, what’s the procedure to back it up and restore it to this updated Zelda version?

Thank you.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Or you can install the DLC you know.
Also, why are you downloading XCIs and then installing them, when you can get NSPs?
1. Both should achieve the same.
2. The save should stay there. But it is always a good thing to make a backup. Checkpoint is probably the best save manager for switch.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,
Reactions: GilgameshArcher

Rockstead

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Or you can install the DLC you know.
Also, why are you downloading XCIs and then installing them, when you can get the NSPs?
1. Both should achieve the same.
2. The save should stay there. But it is always a good thing to make a backup. Checkpoint is probably the best save manager for switch.

Well since I had a SX OS device, I kept reading and being recommended to use XCIs since I had the ability too and it was supposed to be less of a chance of Nintendo detecting.

I had someone else mention that I don’t need to uninstall the existing Zelda as the new one should overwrite it, as long as the title ids are the same, I’m just not sure how to validate what their title ids are.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Well since I had a SX OS device, I kept reading and being recommended to use XCIs since I had the ability too and it was supposed to be less of a chance of Nintendo detecting.

I had someone else mention that I don’t need to uninstall the existing Zelda as the new one should overwrite it, as long as the title ids are the same, I’m just not sure how to validate what their title ids are.
Using XCIs in their XCI form is safer (not safe). By installing them, you transform them to NSPs.
Don't validate it. Just install it. Either you will end up with "updated" zelda or with a new one to which you can restore old saves.

stephrk398

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My saves have always stuck even after trying different versions of the same game, as that saved data goes to my internal storage. Should be fine.

Rockstead

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks everyone, I installed checkpoint and I backed up my save really easily.

I then installed the Zelda XCI that included the 2 DLC packs and it simply over-writ the existing Zelda, easy peasy.

Last edited by Rockstead,
Reactions: eskinner3742

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Switching my home routing/firewall solution from pfsense to OPNsense. Boy how I hate networking...