Hacking RELEASE SX OS v3.0.3 Beta and SX Core/Lite Flasher Application

matias3ds

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
We are back with a minor (yet important!) update for SX OS, as well as an PC utility for updating your SX Core/Lite firmware over USB. The latter is required for people who ran tools that were not designed for their Switch console. One example is the popular `Choi Du Jour NX`, which people use to upgrade/downgrade their firmware. This tool was designed for classic erista/rcm consoles, and as such is dangerous to use on mariko consoles.

*That said, lets have a look at the official changelog:*

- *SX Core/Lite firmware v1.3*
SX Core/Lite users will be prompted to install a firmware update upon first launch of SX OS 3.0.3. This is a mandatory update that improves the stability of SX Core/Lite. It also adds hardening against accidental bricks that were caused by running tools designed for Erista/RCM consoles on. People who are unable to run SX OS v3.0.3 because they bricked their consoles are advised to run the standalone USB updater application.

- *New functionality added to SX Core menu*
The SX Core menu in the SX OS boot menu has been enriched with some new functionality for advanced users:
-- *Cleanup:* Will remove any trace of SX Core/Lite on your NAND.
-- *Genuine Boot:* Boot straight into original firmware without going through the typical SX OS bootchain. This is *different* from using the regular boot original firmware functionality, for example you won't be protected from getting your fuses burnt. Only use when you know what you are doing!

- *Minor stability improvements*
You know the drill! Under the hood we're always changing things, to increase both stability and performance of your beloved SX OS.

Both SX OS 3.0.3 as well as the `SX Flasher` application (Currently only for Windows, if there is enough demand we will consider releasing ports for OSX and Linux) are available in the #downloads channel on our chat server. Of course you can also use the over-the-air update functionality from within SX OS!

That's it for today. Stay tuned for more news!

—< Team Xecuter - Pushing the limits of every Switch in 2020 and beyond ! >—

tomx86

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
WTF, games like BOTW and ACNH still stuck on boot, are they only interested in mod chip users now, and don't care for the rest?:angry:

Reactions: matias3ds

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait i am really confused here

"SX Core/Lite users will be prompted to install a firmware update upon first launch of SX OS 3.0.3. This is a mandatory update that improves the stability of SX Core/Lite. It also adds hardening against accidental bricks that were caused by running tools designed for Erista/RCM consoles on. People who are unable to run SX OS v3.0.3 because they bricked their consoles are advised to run the standalone USB updater application."

so when i get my SX lite chip and i send my console and my chip out for installation
and it gets sent back to me then i can put the 3.0.3 launcher .dat on my SD card and get my licence key and then it will prompt me to update the FW on the SX lite mod chip
but will i need to open my console and hook it up to my PC to update the mod chip FW or is using the micro USB connected to the mod chip only if you have a brick and can't launch the SX OS launcher .dat the normal way ? in other words can i update the FW of the mod chip without having to open the console and use that internal micro USB
as long as i didn't use choi du jour or some other non mariko compatible forbidden homebrew that resulted in a brick? or is opening the console and accessing the internal USB always needed to do FW updates to the mod chip?
i just don't want to have to open the console right away after getting it back so if that is the case i will ask the installer if he can update the FW if it needs to be done with the internal micro USB port, it's a virgin NIB lite

Last edited by weatMod,
D

Deleted User

wait i am really confused here

"SX Core/Lite users will be prompted to install a firmware update upon first launch of SX OS 3.0.3. This is a mandatory update that improves the stability of SX Core/Lite. It also adds hardening against accidental bricks that were caused by running tools designed for Erista/RCM consoles on. People who are unable to run SX OS v3.0.3 because they bricked their consoles are advised to run the standalone USB updater application."

so when i get my SX lite chip and i send my console and my chip out for installation
and it gets sent back to me then i can put the 3.0.3 launcher .dat on my SD card and get my licence key and then it will prompt me to update the FW on the SX lite mod chip
but will i need to open my console and hook it up to my PC to update the mod chip FW or is using the micro USB connected to the mod chip only if you have a brink and can't launch the SX OS launcher .dat the normal way ? in other words can i update the FW mod chip without having to open the console and use that internal micro USB
as long as i i didn;t use choi du jour or some other forbidden homebrew that resulted in a brick? or is opening the console and accessing the internal USB always needed to do FW updates to the mod chip?

You update without debug inside TX Boot Menu - If you cant for whatever reason access TX Boot Menu there is a PC option.

Kyrara

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
WTF, games like BOTW and ACNH still stuck on boot, are they only interested in mod chip users now, and don't care for the rest?:angry:

I dont have any problems with the 2 games.
Maybe check your MicroSD card.
Im using Fat32 on my 256 gb Card and havent any problem on the 3.0.x

Reactions: matias3ds

tomx86

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
no problems booting ACNH
scan your microsd for corruption files
I've check both games and they have no corrupt data, and that makes sense they work fine on Atmosphere 0.13 with new sigpatches (I had to reinstall BOTW, because it crashed at start but that happens sometimes if Atmosphere gets updated, even reinstalled it on sx 3.2.0 still no dice, but it still worked on Atmosphere 0.13), so it's not the games fault. For me and some other users it started witch 3.0.0 on 10.3, some LayeredFS started crush the games, so I deleted them and the games started working again, but after I updated to 10.4 and 3.1.0/3.2.0 BOTW and ACNH are stuck on loading, can't even go back to home menu a restart is needed, and I can't go back to 3.0.0 because it doesn't work on 10.4. So I don't know what's causing this, first I thought it's "nx-ovlloader" because both games uses amiibo, and I used emuiibo on sx and Atmosphere, but after deleting "420000000007E51A" from titles folder, it still looping, so it must be "boot.dat" fault.

Last edited by tomx86,

tomx86

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
i mean it isnt because we are telling you they load fine
I know, but some other user also have the same problem, and its nothing new to have a situation where for some users it works fine and for some it doesn't, they even say themselves in their change logs like: "fixed some errors, that some users had", but now they didn't do that for 3 updates. And again they work fine on Atmosphere, if they didn't then the games would be at fault.

D

Deleted User

Heads up if you run this - Not sure if its consistent across the board but on reboot blue light will flash for a very long time before turning green.

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
I've check both games and they have no corrupt data, and that makes sense they work fine on Atmosphere 0.13 with new sigpatches (I had to reinstall BOTW, because it crashed at start but that happens sometimes if Atmosphere gets updated, even reinstalled it on sx 3.2.0 still no dice, but it still worked on Atmosphere 0.13), so it's not the games fault. For me and some other users it started witch 3.0.0 on 10.3, some LayeredFS started crush the games, so I deleted them and the games started working again, but after I updated to 10.4 and 3.1.0/3.2.0 BOTW and ACNH are stuck on loading, can't even go back to home menu a restart is needed, and I can't go back to 3.0.0 because it doesn't work on 10.4. So I don't know what's causing this, first I thought it's "nx-ovlloader" because both games uses amiibo, and I used emuiibo on sx and Atmosphere, but after deleting "420000000007E51A" from titles folder, it still looping, so it must be "boot.dat" fault.
certain plugins or themes might cause problems, try rename your sxos folder tosomething else
or if you have a spare microsd, put only boot.dat, license.dat and ACNH on it and see if it makes any difference

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

Heads up if you run this - Not sure if its consistent across the board but on reboot blue light will flash for a very long time before turning green.
Cleanup? What kind of trace do they leave even?

tomx86

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
certain plugins or themes might cause problems, try rename your sxos folder tosomething else
or if you have a spare microsd, put only boot.dat, license.dat and ACNH on it and see if it makes any difference
THANK YOU!!!
After renaming the "titles" folder it worked again, so I went folder by folder and found out that indeed it was emuiibo, like I suspected earlier, but I only deleted "420000000007E51A" folder (nx-ovlloader) before and forgot to delete the "0100000000000352" folder (emuiibo), so now it worked. So that only leaves the LayeredFS problem still not fixed, but no biggie for now all mods I'm currently using work, thank you guys for help, bye:yayswitch:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...