SX OS v3.0.0 update leaked ahead of official release

iOyV4d5.png

An update for SX OS is inevitable, with Team Xecuter sending out test units of their upcoming SX Core and Lite modchips. And it looks like we can get an idea of what that impending update brings to the table, as the update has seemingly leaked prior to its official release. As of right now, v3.0.0 is only useful to the limited users who have the new Core or Lite chips, but regardless, scene member Hexkyz has made note of some of the finer details for those interested. According to them, this update isn't a feature-focused one, and primarily exists to incorporate the new Mariko and Switch Lite units as part of devices that SX OS can boot on. Hexkyz explains these changes further in a chain of Twitter posts seen below.

The file was available through the Xecuter site, but has been taken down by the team, who has edited the file download link to now say, "leakers are dumb".

:arrow: Source

x65943

hunger games round 29 big booba winner
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would still not trust the bootlegs when it comes to hardware mods. I learned that the hard way with R4s
Of course

But there will be a free version eventually, always is - the failed attempt at drm just expedites that

JonJaded

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know where I could find this 3.0.0?
If anyone has it, any new features? It's been like a year since they've added anything substantial.

EDIT: Wait, I forget that sx has hardcoded keys and shit. Probably against the rules to ask for it.
But if anyone knows of anything actually new, let me know :)

Last edited by JonJaded,
Reactions: FR0ZN and Stealphie

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
I would still not trust the bootlegs when it comes to hardware mods. I learned that the hard way with R4s

While I would be weary of any ‘binary’ based bootleg, if we see an open source based solution it should be ok eventually.

Compare say the original PSJailbreak and subsequent clone vs Gateway with it’s brick code.

Reactions: Jayro and x65943

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
OpenXenium would like a word. Just because the Chinese bootleggers got their hands on the R4 name it doesn't mean the same will happen with the inevitable TX clones/open source solutions.

JonJaded

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That took a little longer than expected imo..

From what I've seen and heard, only adds the chip support, dont quote me on that though

Damn alright, I know they've been teasing new features and for a while now, not suprised though. It probably does make sense for them to do a full increment though.

EDIT:

Just started reading through the hexkyz thread, mentions the following.

ObqRVSN.png

Last edited by JonJaded,
Reactions: Stealphie

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
question is.....can a opensource even be implimented without including the illegal numbers? by the sounds oof it it needs to overwrite the bootrom which raises the fact that nintendo can impliment a check that not even emuemmc can protect you from have fun with your banned Marikos with a 100% ban probability if you hack it

Last edited by chrisrlink,

Switch_Maniac

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course

But there will be a free version eventually, always is - the failed attempt at drm just expedites that

So what you are saying is that someone is going to spend their own money to create a clone chip and then give it to everyone for free just to give a big middle finger to TX? I guess a trinket could be used with the right programming for a Mariko since it's form factor already fits in the Switch, but the Lite is a lot tighter on space. Would of course need to be tested and possible break a few Switches in the process either way.

Unless you are talking about the boot.dat specifically. Then yea, I'm sure that will be out anytime now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2