1. nikeymikey

nikeymikey This is now a Spiderman thread.........

United Kingdom
    I might be wrong but i get the feeling both Mike and Michael have some vendetta against TX....

2. DbGt

DbGt GBAtemp Fan

Mexico
    But at the end you still need a specialized modchip, and you can load any CFW with Tx`s modchip, so i dont completely see your point.... you can still load you open source CFW if you wanted to.

As for an open source modchip, i dont really know how that could work, and probably will take months to develop one at the very least.
    We already have a high quality modchip designed by the very team that developed this achievement, I would feel more confident using their product.

Last edited by DbGt, May 31, 2020
    JoeBloggs777 likes this.
  3. MK73DS

MK73DS Non-commutative algebra

France
    They support piracy and do illegal stuff (like using Nintendo keys), so I understand. I don't like TX neither.

f0li0 and anth4m like this.
  4. wurstpistole

wurstpistole GBAtemp MVP

United Kingdom
    I guess they would install it, but not provide the chip itself.
    That's what I meant with convenience... had this mod shop here in the country where I would just ship my PS2 (later PS3) to and get it back modded and working, even could buy a pre-modded console directly from them... just checked their website, company name has changed and they do smartphone repairs now

JoeBloggs777 likes this.
  5. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

sex os

slaphappygamer likes this.
  6. JoeBloggs777

JoeBloggs777 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    they were upset because TX originally used their code and added features to it over time, thou Michael has praised TX a couple of times ( I think when TX used their own code because they didn't have the keys to use Sept and now with this Mod)

7. altorn

altorn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    from what i understood: hexkyz said late last year that if TX would have a solution, it would be the brute force one, which requires them to repeatedly glitch out the boot until their custom bootloader can take over. TX are able to do it because it's the pirate way and with modchips involved. others can't because there's no open source/legal way (for now).

8. JoeBloggs777

JoeBloggs777 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    many people use Atmos for illegal stuff to, maybe SciresM could prevent Atmos running pirated games, upto now many people are still using it for that.

maybe TX is like marmite , you love it or hate it, no in btw. I bought 2 Gateway cards for the 3DS years ago and my kids had many years of use out of them, just as they've had nearly 2 years of use out of the SX Pro I bought.

love or hate them they were first with many features on the 3DS and Switch.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

yes your right, but there is more to it than that, I've already had some of my posts deleted by a mod for being off topic on this matter :teach::)

read the long thread on it and you'll see who said what and when and what some people posted on Twitter :)

the long thread is here and if you have an hour or so spare to read it .. TX had nothing :)

https://gbatemp.net/threads/team-xecuter-solution-coming-soon-for-latest-switch-models.551125/

Last edited by JoeBloggs777, May 31, 2020
    gizmomelb and peteruk like this.
  9. tech3475

tech3475 GBAtemp Addict

There may be people who want to avoid TX's product for whatever reason, just look around this forum, so to them the quality of TX's product doesn't matter so long as the exploit is known and alternatives are made.

10. wurstpistole

wurstpistole GBAtemp MVP

United Kingdom
    And that would be the death of Atmosphere and/or the birth of a kip that enables piracy again. Pointless either way

11. DbGt

DbGt GBAtemp Fan

Mexico
    Yeah, i know. In my opinion thats a very stupid stance to take on... Hate on some group for no apparent reason. At the end they are bringing new developments and advancing the scene, and thats only good for everyone.

Tx exploit = bad
    Other company/ group using exactly same exploit and method developed by Tx = good

I dont understand this logic you are referring to.... If they hate so much tx, then they should also wait for some other exploit/method to be found, as this one is already "cursed" by tx and will always be related to them, because in one or another they will be using Tx`s method, the group they hate so much.... thats the logical thing to do following their way of thinking

gizmomelb, Diskun and Quarions like this.
  12. RichardTheKing

RichardTheKing Wolf Blass Shiraz Drinker

Australia
    Atmosphere, now that Kosmos is unfortunately dead?

13. Adran_Marit

Adran_Marit Walküre's Hacker

Australia
    They already know how the chip works, and I have heard talk of possibly already replicating it on FPGA
    [​IMG]

f0li0 and 8BitWonder like this.
  14. MetoMeto

MetoMeto GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Japan
    [​IMG]

15. MK73DS

MK73DS Non-commutative algebra

France
    I agree with you. TX does stuff. But the fact that it's closed-source, illegal and focused on piracy makes me want to stay as far from it as I can. That's only my opinion about TX, and I think that's also why other don't like it.

Moreover, piracy can't be avoided in Atmosphere due to it's open source nature, but I don't really care since I know I'm using a legal tool to do legal stuff on my Switch, I don't care if there are kip patches and torrent sites that allow me to pirate games.

16. tabzer

tabzer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Japan
    There was a kerfuffle where SX was caught red-handed using GPL code in their commercial product. There was a useless message embedded by one of the open-source devs that SX didn't scrub before implementing.

Using the hardware to retrieve keys isn't so different than hacking hardware--as opposed to selling open-sourced code. I mean, they would have had purchased the hardware from SX to begin with, and then manipulate it to see how they see fit. A little apples and oranges... and presumes that SX's method of coding is preferred by the other teams who already have their own methods.

Last edited by tabzer, May 31, 2020
  17. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Just because they took open source code and included it in their product, doesn't mean they don't have anything.

And it wasn't underestimating, because everyone has known that TX had this for years. They've essentially been trolling TX to get them to release information about their exploit and also trying to put people off buying TX products by spreading misinformation.

I'm completely impartial, but it does seem rather dumb to knowingly tell lies about TX.

Anon troll? Wasn't it SciresM and Hexkyz that were doing that? Abusing their status to knowingly spread fake news.

Last edited by smf, May 31, 2020
    gizmomelb and nikeymikey like this.
  18. DbGt

DbGt GBAtemp Fan

Mexico
    I dont think it will be so simple and replicated soon as you seem to suggest. I mean, not even Tx have released their product after months of testing....

But only time will tell.

19. nikeymikey

nikeymikey This is now a Spiderman thread.........

United Kingdom
    This.

20. Adran_Marit

Adran_Marit Walküre's Hacker

Australia
    I'm not saying it will be easy, I'm saying I've heard talk of the possibility of doing it :P

But yeah it didn't take them long to dissect how it worked though

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - official, release, update