SX OS only boots into original mode after the 8.1 update

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by guitarheroknight, Aug 25, 2019.

1. guitarheroknight
    OP

guitarheroknight 1.6180339887

Nov 9, 2014
    Norway
    Grand Line
    Basically I updated to 8.1 and when I select CFW it takes me into the original mode matter what. I have all the latest files on my SD card. Please help

2. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Psycho!

May 30, 2016
    United States
    When you say you have the latest files do you have payload.bin from SX OS 2.8? It should work if you do.

3. guitarheroknight
    OP

Nov 9, 2014
    Norway
    Grand Line
    I don't think I do but that may be the issue.

4. pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^ Doctor Switch

GBAtemp Patron
    pLaYeR^^ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 18, 2014
    Austria
    Austria
    Before you update to a new firmware, always get the latest SX OS release and put it on your sd card.

5. guitarheroknight
    OP

Nov 9, 2014
    Norway
    Grand Line
    I did, but it boots directly into original mode when I select CFW mode from the bootloader.

6. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Psycho!

May 30, 2016
    United States
    You're not being very clear here in your reply to me you said "I don't think I did" as far as putting the newest sxos then in your next reply you said "I did"

-snip-

If it still doesn't work you might have to reformat your sdcard and retry. There's nothing else to get it to work. You should then talk to Team Xecuter because their CFW that you paid for isn't working. Nothing else we can do here on gbatemp.

Last edited by Quantumcat, Aug 27, 2019 - Reason: Removed link to site with copyright material