Hacking SX OS only a few XCI files detected

TheSynthax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SanDisk 64 GB card exFAT formatted, same issue. Tried FAT32 with cut xci files, didn't seem to have the issue. Haven't tried a different SD yet.

Reactions: NoNAND

evanm18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have the same issue with my 512GB San Disk Micro SDXC card in ExFat format. formatted from the switch itself. tried doing disk repairs on OS X to the microSD and had a little better luck seems like this is a software issue not on the end of the user.

Gootah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 400GB SanDisk in exfat with no issue. Only have problems with card2 (which is not a problem, just missing feature).

143Heynow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys

i got about 20 games on my SD card inside of the switch , i can only see bomberman and Minecraft storymode.
Where is here the problem ?

Check to see if your games are “card 1” or “card 2”. On this website http://nswdb.com SX OS will only play and show “card 1” games currently, but did meantion in the very near future that an update is coming that will allow “card 2” games.

OhhSheetz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
to those having issues;
-OSX can cause issues when transferring files
-make sure you're uploading the games one file at a time (not dragging a bunch at the same time)
-try a different dump from another source

albfont

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
to those having issues;
-OSX can cause issues when transferring files
-make sure you're uploading the games one file at a time (not dragging a bunch at the same time)
-try a different dump from another source
The problem is that if I transfer games in different order sx os will recognise the first 3. So for this motivation seems a software bug because the other games can be readed. I already tried for days, nothing to do. Sx Os recognised to me just the first three files. And are not card type 2 games.

OhhSheetz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The problem is that if I transfer games in different order sx os will recognise the first 3. So for this motivation seems a software bug because the other games can be readed. I already tried for days, nothing to do. Sx Os recognised to me just the first three files. And are not card type 2 games.
wait, so only the first 3 files show up? so if you change the games's order, do the games change? (as in if you deleted them all, and added them in a random order, regardless of the game theys how up, but not the rest, even if it shoed up before when it was among the first three?).

This would point to the problem being your sd card, perhaps a fake, or something with a controller issue.

Saifer28

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This happened to me. I have a 128gb sd card. Its local and was cheap so i tried to use it on the switch. Just like the guy above, 3-4 games showed up and was working fine. When i added some games either it doesnt show or i get the cant read game card error. So tinkered some more. Then i found out that whenever i reached 32gb, the installed games afterwards wont show. So just make sure your SD cards are 100percent. In my case the original capacity of my card is 32gb even though it states it has 128gb. I had to reformatt the sd card whenver i want to add new more games.

phlover

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So here is a reply , i tried several different sd cards 32gb / different companies. the games are not detected

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm now really good at telling what SD/Micro SD cards are fake since I had around 5 from ebay, amazon and aliexpress. If you ordered your Sandisk online, look at the text under the card. If it's whitish and and start with "CE" on top it's fake. They are usually slow 8GB card that are modified to show up as 256GB and other sizes. The 1st thing to do when buying a micro SD online is to test it with H2testw. It will take around 4 hours but it will tell you if it's legit and its real speed.

FliP0x

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
If only the first few copied games show up, then you have a fake sd card with a hacked controller.

I'm still waiting for my SanDisk 200GB (ordered from Amazon directly, no reseller, so can't be fake) as well as my SX PRO to try this out.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A good practise is always test your SD card\USB pen drives every time you buy a new one, the fake ones after the full real memory is out I think they just keep re-writing the last thing over and over to fake the reported size, but the data isn't actually there.

phlover

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
guys all my cards are samsung or sandisk amazon direclty ....
p.s. it has something to do with the source

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i have the same issue with my 512GB San Disk Micro SDXC card in ExFat format. formatted from the switch itself. tried doing disk repairs on OS X to the microSD and had a little better luck seems like this is a software issue not on the end of the user.
Well that is no surprise since there is no 512gb Sandisk Microsd.. You bought a fake with altered file system to show you 512gb.. But it doesn't have them in reality, that card will never work

Saifer28

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You should test your 256gb card with h2wtest to see if the card is really legit. Also do you transfer the games one by one? Because if you do a mass transfer, sometimes that could fragment the files.

phlover

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i always transfer one by one my 256gb card is a no name card so what does that mean ? you can only take original not counterfeit sd cards ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +3
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sadly the person in question feels too young for his own good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We don't question people
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    me neither, i just bash them
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We just question @AncientBoi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: bored, guess i'll spread more democracy