Hacking Question sx os license and emmc module swap?

Romain80200

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

I've got a question about sx os and the emmc board swap.

If I got my sx license activated with my old emmc module, swap the emmc module and restore my nand backup inside, does the license will still be valid?

Is the license tied to the emmc module serial or just with the prodinfo or the switch serial?

Thanks.

GraFfiX420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I've got a question about sx os and the emmc board swap.

If I got my sx license activated with my old emmc module, swap the emmc module and restore my nand backup inside, does the license will still be valid?

Is the license tied to the emmc module serial or just with the prodinfo or the switch serial?

Thanks.

I think you will need a new license

Romain80200

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, one for cfw offline with nsp/dlc installed and the other for official os and online when the new firmware will be cracked without the risk of sd card corruption because of the emunand.

I just got a second hand switch for 150€, not banned, like new with just a joycon stick to change.
Now I just need to prepare it for chrismas and keep it clean just in case.

Last edited by Romain80200,

bundat

¿
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Is the license tied to the emmc module serial
Yes it is tied to the emmc module serial.
The person posting above me, @npavlovici, has actually managed to transfer an SX OS license by transferring the emmc module, as he stated above.

I suggested the idea to him by linking the same thread he linked above in this post:
A bit off-topic, but I have an idea for a side project you might be able to try...
It seems SX OS license is tied to a unique ID based on the eMMC chip, based on this post:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/sxos-is...and-possible-to-clone-research-thread.513019/

Maybe if you have another Switch with no SX license you can try this as a side project:
  • back up NAND on unlicensed Switch
  • replace eMMC of that Switch with the eMMC you got from this broken unit
  • restore NAND backup and check if SX OS license rights was successfully transferred
It's not really that useful of a project (after all, SX OS isn't that expensive), but it'd be fun to see if it works.

And he got it working, even giving a step-by-step guide:
You can actually transfer an SX OS license by transferring the eMMC chip to another Switch:
a-png.149761

Reactions: Modificatorul

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse