Hacking SX-OS emuNAND, what whould i do with my sysNAND?

mike087

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
I'm pretty sure using nx-dreport makes your NAND almost perfectly safe. I've been doing this for MONTHS, and still no ban yet, at all.
And according to json's thread, the sysNAND is perfectly safe.

Soo i guess i'll update my sysNAND and use online with it, and keep my emuNAND always off for hacking stuff.
You are not listening, don't make a emunand.

Myron49485

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
And according to json's thread, the sysNAND is perfectly safe.

Soo i guess i'll update my sysNAND and use online with it, and keep my emuNAND always off for hacking stuff.

I'd say that there's no way for nand bin files to appear in the user partition of a clean console, but maybe I'm just being paranoid. If json is right about the telemetry then it should be safe for now. Anyways, all the best with your new setup.

Reactions: Phenj

Myron49485

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
I've been holding off on updating my SysNAND simply because of some opportunity that could come to allow EmuNAND or some other solution to be used in a way for legit stuff and online along side homebrew and non-legit stuff, keeping my SysNAND at 5.1 for future exploitation, but I fear that my want to get access to online and future games requiring 6.0+ will drive me to abort my plan, to which I'd update SysNAND, then create an EmuNAND from that. Heck, I've been offline since prior to 6.0, having touched some homebrew through SX OS CFW on SysNAND, so it's possible that I may already be banned, but I won't know until I try updating. They can't patch out RCM, so that will always be an avenue for me with my current system. I wish I could just be able to "switch" between SysNAND and EmuNAND without having to undock my system to hook in the SX Pro or connect my Switch to a PC/smartphone.

Have you considered updating with ChoiDojourNX? Perhaps you can use it to update your sysnand to 6.0.0 without burning fuses, and have a 6.0.0 emunand along with it.

But note that:
- Your burnt fuse count won't match the required fuse count, though Nintendo doesn't currently check for that (correct me if I'm wrong).
- Potential risk of SX emunand as discussed in this thread.

Last edited by Myron49485,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not listening to anyone whos spilling crap without any kind of proof. I trust json, he says it is safe to use the sysNAND with an emuNAND dedicated to hacking stuff.
You didn't read it carefully. He was still awaiting on conducting some telemetry tests to see if the Switch would be able to detect EmuNAND but based on his current knowledge, it did not. Nintendo can easily add a firmware update that scans the USER partition for files that are not supposed to be in there. There's also the permanent modification made to the boot1 which Nintendo could easily start detecting.

Phoenixrite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
I've been holding off on updating my SysNAND simply because of some opportunity that could come to allow EmuNAND or some other solution to be used in a way for legit stuff and online along side homebrew and non-legit stuff, keeping my SysNAND at 5.1 for future exploitation, but I fear that my want to get access to online and future games requiring 6.0+ will drive me to abort my plan, to which I'd update SysNAND, then create an EmuNAND from that. Heck, I've been offline since prior to 6.0, having touched some homebrew through SX OS CFW on SysNAND, so it's possible that I may already be banned, but I won't know until I try updating. They can't patch out RCM, so that will always be an avenue for me with my current system. I wish I could just be able to "switch" between SysNAND and EmuNAND without having to undock my system to hook in the SX Pro or connect my Switch to a PC/smartphone.
There's the chip from rebug but....soldering!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay