stoffer666

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Hi Guys

I have been using sx os and i was thinking if i would be possible to convert your sx os emunand to atmosphere emunand and is there a guide for it yet. i recall that i have seen a tread in here that it was possible. But can not seem to find it anywhere.

Even better can you have both emunand(sx, atmosphere) running on the sd card so i could switch between them and have a clean sys nand. Is that possible. i have a dongle with different payloads on and i don't use auto rcm.

GraFfiX420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Offset is 0x2, don't have the rest of the config handy but its standard, also change the ini to use the Emutendo folder instead of Nintendo.

kylum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Guys

I have been using sx os and i was thinking if i would be possible to convert your sx os emunand to atmosphere emunand and is there a guide for it yet. i recall that i have seen a tread in here that it was possible. But can not seem to find it anywhere.

Even better can you have both emunand(sx, atmosphere) running on the sd card so i could switch between them and have a clean sys nand. Is that possible. i have a dongle with different payloads on and i don't use auto rcm.
Think this is the tutorial you are looking for. You should be able have multiple partitions setup SX/Atmos/stock sysnand.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-setup-atmosphere-emummc.541060/

I don’t have SX so.....

Reactions: stoffer666

switchnell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Anyone knows how to do it the other way around?
Atmos emunand and use it for SX OS?

Reason:
I currently have 128GB microsd with SX OS + Atmos using same emunand following the guide in this thread.
Also have a 64gb microsd with Android.
My goal is to eliminate the swapping of memory cards if I want to boot Android and vice versa.
There's a guide in XDA how to resize partitions which I am trying to follow but my problem is I can use the guide and create emunand via Atmos only.
If i create emunand via SX OS it will format the entire micro sd. I want to be able to switch CFW using same micro sd card and have android OS as well.

nachuz

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Anyone knows how to do it the other way around?
Atmos emunand and use it for SX OS?

Reason:
I currently have 128GB microsd with SX OS + Atmos using same emunand following the guide in this thread.
Also have a 64gb microsd with Android.
My goal is to eliminate the swapping of memory cards if I want to boot Android and vice versa.
There's a guide in XDA how to resize partitions which I am trying to follow but my problem is I can use the guide and create emunand via Atmos only.
If i create emunand via SX OS it will format the entire micro sd. I want to be able to switch CFW using same micro sd card and have android OS as well.
why would you want to do that, sx os just give you disadvantages
the only advantage that sx could give you is xci booting and it isn't that great

switchnell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
why would you want to do that, sx os just give you disadvantages
the only advantage that sx could give you is xci booting and it isn't that great

well yeah just the XCI functionality which i normally use when i'm on docked mode with external hdd connected

switchnell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
nsp are better
HDD isn't as good as it sounds and it's not worth it considering how much you lose
It's matter of choice for me. I just like the advantage of XCI loading without the need of installing NSPs.
One might argue especially the speed of NSPs compared to XCIs but again it's my choice.

noX1609

B9S freak ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Topic ia not up to date but thought i post here except creating a new one.

I‘m about setting up an Emunand with SX OS and want it to also be able to use it with atmosphere if i want to :)

Is that possible? If yes which version do i have to use (file emunand (which i would prefer as the backup of that emunand is done very easy) or do i need to have a partition one?
If only partition one, which tool can you recommend for doing the backups of the extra partition?

Would be great to get an answer asap because i configured the console for a good friend and i don‘t want him to wait any longer :)

Thanks in advice for help :)

stoffer666

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Topic ia not up to date but thought i post here except creating a new one.

I‘m about setting up an Emunand with SX OS and want it to also be able to use it with atmosphere if i want to :)

Is that possible? If yes which version do i have to use (file emunand (which i would prefer as the backup of that emunand is done very easy) or do i need to have a partition one?
If only partition one, which tool can you recommend for doing the backups of the extra partition?

Would be great to get an answer asap because i configured the console for a good friend and i don‘t want him to wait any longer :)

Thanks in advice for help :)
It should be if you choose file based emunand with sx os and load atmoshere on sysnand. If you want both emunand you need to partion your sd card the right Way there has been some guides on how to do it.

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have partition emummc for atmosphere, sx os file based emunand for xci, and stock for online with the former autoboot in hekate, the other 2 as option holding vol- with power on, trinket m0, 512gb sandisk fat32.
the perfect setup, all 3 accessible with one sd, totally recommend it

Last edited by snoofly,

210modz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I run atmosphere and SX OS both on different partitions. You setup SX OS emunand first, use partition wizard to split the second partition leaving 32gb unallocated at the end. That should leave you with 3 partitions. I then used hekate to setup atmosphere emunand on the 32gb partition. Hekate brew is what I use to switch between the two emunands.

EdgyGa

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have partition emummc for atmosphere, sx os file based emunand for xci, and stock for online with the former autoboot in hekate, the other 2 as option holding vol- with power on, trinket m0, 512gb sandisk fat32.
the perfect setup, all 3 accessible with one sd, totally recommend it

That is exactly what I'm looking for, do you have a tutorial reference for that configuration ?

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That is exactly what I'm looking for, do you have a tutorial reference for that configuration ?
I can't recall how I set up the Vol- but I think it is based on the trinket UF2 payload.bin/upload.bin using hekate and fusee primary payload bin files respectively.

Anyhow, I never bother with Vol- or anything these days and just always boot to hekate and pick whatever option from there by renaming the hekate bin to payload.bin and put it on root of SD.

See https://gbatemp.net/threads/trinket...software-new-fusee_suite-uf2-packages.553998/
FUSEE_UF2 for Trinket for more details.

The trinket automatically boots whatever it finds as sdroot:/payload.bin (renamed latest hekate.bin to payload.bin) if no other button than power on is pressed and that's good enough for me to access the hekate main menu.

So first thing on a fresh card is to create the relevant partitions with hekate for Atmos emummc, Linux, Android and then setup the emunand for Atmos.

Once done copy all your atmosphere files, sx os boot.dat and configure the hekate_ipl.ini and bootload .ini files for whatever to load like Stock, Atmos, SX, L4T, Android. Lakka

Here's my hekate_ipl.ini - simple bare bones.

[config]
autoboot=0
autoboot_list=0
bootwait=3
backlight=100
autohosoff=0
autonogc=1
updater2p=1
bootprotect=0

[Stock]
fss0=atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin
stock=1
emummc_force_disable=1

[SX OS]
payload=bootloader/payloads/sxos.bin

[Atmosphere]
payload=fusee-primary.bin

I have the inis for booting Lakka, Android and L4T in bootloader/ini and you can have these show on main screen along with the above configs by going to hekate Nyx Options/Home Screen and choosing All Options. I like this, just one place for everything.

Test it all out, then boot into SX OS and setup file based emunand for SX - it's fine and speedy enough.

Finally, although you can share emunands between SX and Atmos, due to SX seemingly now being defunct, I think it's important nowadays to have separate emunands for Atmos and SX so that you can keep either one updated independently, ie have Atmos emummc at 12.0.1 and SX at 11.0.0 at time of writing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • A @ anotherthing:
    Online was free on the 3DS as well, and it worked well.
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I can't help but think nintendo switch online is the reason we did not get a gameboy/n64/gamecube
    mini classic edition
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, i think it would have been impossible to see anything in a gameboy mini
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    well I meant that as a figure of speech
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they could just rerelease a modern gameboy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    like the pocket analogue
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    but nintendo licensed
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    dammit that thread got moved from offtopic to edge, well since that happened
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, atleast it's still avaliable
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Aeiou backwards
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Aeiou backwards