Hacking Question Sx OS emuNAND and sysNAND ban risk

nicotina117

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, i have a first model switch hacked and i setup emunand with sxos (during the process i deleted the wifi connections and worked on airplane mode). Then when i already created the emunand it was still on airplane mode on the emunand. So i have a clean sysNAND to play my purchased eshop games and use it for online (i used CFW only one time to setup emunand). And the emunand to use hb apps, nsp, xci, etc. Then when Pokemon Sword and Shield was out, i purchased retail copy of Sword, used PkHex on sysNAND. This was doing using JKSV app on sysNAND with the CFW running (before doing these i deleted wifi connections and turn on airplane mode) and extracted the save edited with PkHex on pc then inject the save again. What risk of ban i have here in this particular situation?

Thanks i hope you can help me clear this question!

evertonstz

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Delete that edited pokemon save from sysnand and start again. Editing saves in nintendo 1st parties is a NO-NO
It seems he's already using this save for a long time, so deleting it or not imo won't matter, the system had ages to make tons of logs about this behavior, once OP connects to Nintendo servers, hacked save being present or not, the logs go straight to Nintendo and he'll probably be banned.

My opinion is that the only way OP can deal about this, assuming he never connected to nintendo servers with all this junk (if he did the logs are already with nintendo so all he can do is pray), is restoring his clean sysmmc backup.

Last edited by evertonstz,

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems he's already using this save for a long time, so deleting it or not imo won't matter, the system had ages to make tons of logs about this behavior, once OP connects to Nintendo servers, hacked save being present or not, the logs go straight to Nintendo and he'll probably be banned.

My opinion is that the only way OP can deal about this, assuming he never connected to nintendo servers with all this junk (if he did the logs are already with nintendo so all he can do is pray), is restoring his clean sysmmc backup.

Restoring a clean sysnand after tainting the sysnand is useless

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Only if that NAND backup isn't clean and that he hasn't been online, then it will be alright. Transferring save to Sysnand was a mistake already, if he want to play online, there is always a risk to ban.

evertonstz

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

It is if Nintendo has the logs, aka if you went online with a dirt sysmmc that's indeed useless, if you didn't go online you can restore it and it'll clean the dirty logs that were never sent, the idea is to never let the logs get to nintendo.

Anyways, just noticed OP was online on sysmmc, it is indeed useless for him, he's already flagged and I'm kinda impressed he's not already banned, messing with pokemon used to get people banned in a question of hours after flagged.

gblock247

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what about using cheats on a save (but not straight up hacking it) like with Animal Crossing on SXOS? If it move it from emuNAND to sysNAND (and make sure the cheats are turned off) is there still a great risk of the Switch getting banned? I just wanna play with friends online with my save I've built up lol.

evertonstz

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
what about using cheats on a save (but not straight up hacking it) like with Animal Crossing on SXOS? If it move it from emuNAND to sysNAND (and make sure the cheats are turned off) is there still a great risk of the Switch getting banned? I just wanna play with friends online with my save I've built up lol.

If you cheat online you'll get banned.

fadx

Filthy Cheater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've been transferring saves from emuNAND to sysNAND from the very start with no problems. The only thing I'd worry about is how likely you are to be banned for using PKHeX. If you deleted those saves it's probably not very likely you'd get banned (although not impossible obviously).

gblock247

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been transferring saves from emuNAND to sysNAND from the very start with no problems. The only thing I'd worry about is how likely you are to be banned for using PKHeX. If you deleted those saves it's probably not very likely you'd get banned (although not impossible obviously).

nope only game I've been doing cheats on is Animal Crossing on my emuNAND. The sysNAND has only had hard copy legit games played on it (Mario Kart for like a day til I got my SXOS thing in the main lol).

evertonstz

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
nope only game I've been doing cheats on is Animal Crossing on my emuNAND. The sysNAND has only had hard copy legit games played on it (Mario Kart for like a day til I got my SXOS thing in the main lol).
If you have a clean sysmmc with legit games you actually play online why take your chances of booting CFW in it? Messing with saves is already not safe, messing with cheated saves is even worse. You'll get flagged anyways, so your fate is in Nintendo's hands, they might ban you in 10 minutes or never. Read the ban thread and you'll see messing with save games, specially first party tittles, is far from "you'll probably not be banned",

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been said that if you have ever sent logs to Nintendo servers, then you restore an old NAND backup which is missing entries that Nintendo already received from you... it can result in a ban. I, although never playing any games in online mode (except to transfer pokemon from my phone to my switch, to unlock the mystery box), am not banned, and my BoTW save file was hacked in the same manner. I have several ridiculously powerful bows and shields and such. Used eshop just a day or two ago and bought a Bubsy game for $5, just to make sure nothing fishy was going on with my account, with all of the accounts getting hacked and such...

Last edited by urherenow,

evertonstz

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's been said that if you have ever sent logs to Nintendo servers, then you restore an old NAND backup which is missing entries that Nintendo already received from you... it can result in a ban.

That might be more related with fusee count than actual logs you're missing in your system. Some people improperly update their sysmmc after making the backup resulting in fusees getting burned, when they restore the old clean backup that was in an older fw that's basically a downgrade and they get a fusee mismatch, some say this mismatch can be used to ban people, It's all speculation tho.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That might be more related with fusee count than actual logs you're missing in your system. Some people improperly update their sysmmc after making the backup resulting in fusees getting burned, when they restore the old clean backup that was in an older fw that's basically a downgrade and they get a fusee mismatch, some say this mismatch can be used to ban people, It's all speculation tho.
I dunno. If you have a fuse mismatch, it won't even boot without using CFW (which suppresses logs and prevents sending telemetry, as far as I know). Does a (failed) power-up with a fuse mismatch, update logs? That would be a smart thing to do, but I don't know...

Anyway, I think I buried the lead. My main point is that my BoTW (first party title) save, was hacked, and I am not banned. I wouldn't try that with a pokemon save though, or anything that I would play online with.

Last edited by urherenow,

fadx

Filthy Cheater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For what it's worth, I've updated the official way to the same FW multiple times with no ban.
So I had x amount of fuses burned, updated officially.
Restored nand.
Booted with x + 1 fuses burned (fuse count didn't match so booted VIA the exploit into sysNAND).
Updated officially to the same FW I updated to originally.

I cleared logs too back when people were recommending doing that and no issues either.

As far as loading homebrew etc, if you're offline I don't think it matters so restoring saves shouldn't be a problem say if you were in airplane mode. I even played installed NSP files offline and had no problems although I'd say that's far more risky.

From all we know, Nintendo should be able to tell who's been on CFW very very easily but the bans don't seem to be a guarantee until you do something like try to launch an NSP online. It's really hit or miss.

nicotina117

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't transfer an emunand save to my sysnand savefile data, i only edited my file from sysnand with pkhex, extracting the savefile before with hbrew apps always on airplane mode and erasing wifi settings before.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM