Hacking Question Sx os emmunand on a 1.0 switch?

ravensfan8448

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, Sx os emmunand looks awesome, but I saw there was issues running it on 3.0 firmware switches. Just wanted to see if anyone has emmunand working properly on a 1.0 switch, maybe the 2.01 sxos helped?

aytug25

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm using emunand with 1.0 switch, everything is working fine, only problem is when I shut down my console with emunand, it will restart on original fw
Maybe it is happening because I updated my emunand 6.0 fw

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
yes, i didnt turn on auto rcm, should i do that ? with emunand my fuses dont burn, so i didnt turn it on

Its up to you, just know that without auto rcm mode enabled it will always boot to vanilla horizon on restart. With auto rcm mode it will eliminate ever going into vanilla horizon.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the SX OS free without license bring emunand?

And to update it all offline to like 6.0 do you just need to run a game that brings FW 6.0 update?

Also with SX OS free can we already play backups like using Layered FS or any other software just not using XCI games?

I wouldn't mind buying it if it had M-SD emunand, but since it doesn't I won't buy it, but maybe I wouldn't mind using it without a license if it still brings emunand 4 free.

aytug25

Trophies
XP
Country
Does the SX OS free without license bring emunand?

And to update it all offline to like 6.0 do you just need to run a game that brings FW 6.0 update?

Also with SX OS free can we already play backups like using Layered FS or any other software just not using XCI games?

I wouldn't mind buying it if it had M-SD emunand, but since it doesn't I won't buy it, but maybe I wouldn't mind using it without a license if it still brings emunand 4 free.
I don't think you can use emunand without license, and can't play backups without license
For updating emunand, you can use choidujournx update

Reactions: guily6669

bundat

¿
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm using emunand with 1.0 switch, everything is working fine, only problem is when I shut down my console with emunand, it will restart on original fw
That's kinda the expected behavior.
When you restart, everything is "back to normal" i.e. back to the 1.0 sysnand.

Whenever you want to run in emunand, you need SX OS to load it. And to load SX OS, you need to go into RCM.

You don't need AutoRCM (I think the point of having a 1.0 sysnand and 6.0 emunand is to "stay at low FW, but play at 6.0 without burning fuses", and you get to do it without AutoRCM if you use SX OS emunand).
And your fuses are not at risk because you have sysnand at 1.0 (the bootloader won't do the fuse check with the emunand).

Everything is running the way it's supposed to.

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it is happening because I updated my emunand 6.0 fw

Is the gamcart reader updated? Can you use it on 1.0 or In 6.0?

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know how to check it but I read it doesn't update, if you tell me how to check, I can check it myself too

If original gamecarts work on 1.0 sysnand, it hasnt been been updated.

If original gamecarts work on 6.0 it has been updated.

bundat

¿
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I don't know how to check it but I read it doesn't update, if you tell me how to check, I can check it myself too

If original gamecarts work on 1.0 sysnand, it hasnt been been updated.

If original gamecarts work on 6.0 it has been updated.

I don't recommend testing it on anything other than 1.0.
Because this is how it apparently works:
If you dont insert a gc then SX OS will prevent card fw updates. If you insert a gc it fallbacks to original behavior which is to update the gc asic if needed.
Also seems it only does this with a legit license. If you dont have a license it will fallback again
So if you test it on 6.0, you might end up updating a nonupdated gc reader.

aytug25

Trophies
XP
Country

well i dont have any game card for testing this, is there any other way to testing that ?

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Just booting the switch on 4.x and up updates de gamecard reader, even if you dont boot any game, so the risk is already taken.

bundat

¿
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Just booting the switch on 4.x and up updates de gamecard reader, even if you dont boot any game, so the risk is already taken.
Did you read the post I quoted? (json's post?)
Because apparently, what you said isn't always true in SX OS

And json seems to be a reliable source of info (he dissected the details of how SX emunand works, even before hexkyz did)

Last edited by bundat,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1