Question SX OS either xci/nsp games need internet connection for starting?!

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by m0rtex, Apr 1, 2019.

1. m0rtex
    OP

m0rtex Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 1, 2019
    Germany
    Hi Guys,

I just upgrade my switch with the latest 7.0.1 firmware und use the sx os 2.6.1 beta. Everthing works fine I am able to start many of the backupped games so far.
    But some games say at the start that "internet connection is required" and even i go to the internet in sx os (I don't care about getting banned) it says that the "purchase could not be authorized" and so the game won't start either.
    I am only having problems with some games: Zelda breath of the wild, mario kart 8 deluxe, mario party, super smash bros, and some more..
    SX OS doesn't need sig patches as long I couldn't find them in the internet but just for other cfw like atmosphere etc., so what else can I try for making all of the .xci and .nsp games working after installing them with newest sx installer on sd card?
    I am not using vnand just normal, enabled rcm, all games on sd card (exfat format).
    Is there any suggestions for me and maybe many other users?

Regards
    Thomas

2. shanefromoz

shanefromoz GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 18, 2007
    Australia
    I have sxos and played the games you wrote about.
    If it comes up with internet required just choose ignore.

gizmomelb likes this.
  3. m0rtex
    OP

m0rtex Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 1, 2019
    Germany
    Thank for the reply but if I choose ignore the game won‘t start at all. It just remains on the game selection menu from wehre I normally start all of mi games..

4. shanefromoz

shanefromoz GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 18, 2007
    Australia
    I dont have issues playing the games you said and i have 2 switches, 1 banned and 1 not

5. Synz007

Synz007 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 1, 2019
    United States
    I had this issue for some games as well, reinstalling the updates and the dlc fixed this issue for me.

6. Unleanone999

Unleanone999 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 15, 2018
    Togo
    I have encountered this issue with turok. I just reinstalled the nsp with lithium and that solved it.

7. m0rtex
    OP

m0rtex Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 1, 2019
    Germany
    which updates do you mean? the game updates? And also the game dlcs? Can I just install them out of the normal sx installer on my switch?

Is lithium better then sx installer? Does it work with the actual 2.6.1 sx os on a 7.0.1 switch?

8. Unleanone999

Unleanone999 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 15, 2018
    Togo
    Yes it works with sx os.

m0rtex likes this.
  9. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    SX Installer is fine if you're using the one released on their website and not the one that is integrated into the CFW. The latter is very primitive and supposedly still has a bug that will corrupt installs. But the SX installer released more recently on their website works great. It is essentially just Tinfoil but with a nice UI, since they took the code of Tinfoil, but that's not really a bad thing since they made big improvements to it.

m0rtex likes this.
  10. m0rtex
    OP

m0rtex Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 1, 2019
    Germany
    Great, then I try to install the games that are not working with lithium instead of sx installer. Does it also support .xci files to installing?
    And why are there so many diferent installer apps around?! :wacko:

Oh okay, I must figure out which one I've used.. So in your opinion the one which is integrated in the cfw (double times "R" in Album) is not the same like the one which they deliver for downloader at their website?
    I think I just used the one in Album double times "R".. :nayps3:

Last edited by m0rtex, Apr 1, 2019
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted