SX OS 2.6 Beta released: full support for Nintendo Switch firmware 7.x

From Team Xecuter:

This new 2.6 BETA of SX OS adds full support for Nintendo Switch firmware 7.x, including ALL functionality you expect when using our product. We've been pioneering our own unique and proprietary solution for defeating any future firmware protection and we're quite happy with the results so far.

This release is marked as BETA because we changed things drastically under the hood to streamline future firmware updates and some things may inadvertently behave differently.

That does not mean it hasn't been vetted at all, so give it a shot today!

Of course, we haven't been sitting idly behind the scenes either. A lot of our development resources and attention has been dedicated to bringing SX OS to those "unhackable" switches. We are working hard to bring the SX OS experience to all of you who are stuck with an "unhackable" switch. Stay tuned for more news!

Download here: -REMOVED-

Last edited by linuxares,

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
... Ok?

I don't recall being confused about how SX works or what is currently exclusive to it.

did I say when I explain it to you specifically (other than me having to do that specifically to you now)? Obviously I'm talking about in general.. the same as when atmos users explain how their CFW works and is better than alternatives.. in general. Critical and logical thinking is a rare commodity exhibited on this forum.

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did I say when I explain it to you specifically (other than me having to do that specifically to you now)? Obviously I'm talking about in general.. the same as when atmos users explain how their CFW works and is better than alternatives.. in general. Critical and logical thinking is a rare commodity exhibited on this forum.
If you want to talk about people in general, then don't reply to my comment next time.
It doesn't take critical thinking to realize that.

Last edited by 8BitWonder,
Reactions: Deleted User

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm just saying - having and using the keys is one thing. (not defending any legalities, as I am not an attorney and won't pretend to be one)

Leaking those keys to the public is a complete other thing (also illegal to do in some form/fashion), and that seems to be just fine with this community, and is even praised! .... so long as it makes TX look bad. It's all about that TX Hate Train. CHOO CHOO!!!

One of the arguments has been the key used to sign sept isn't released because it's a trade secret, so releasing it would be illegal.

But actually using a trade secret is illegal, so if the key is a trade secret then sept binaries are illegal.

Ironically if the key was widely spread, it may no longer be considered a secret & it would be fine.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD_Copy_Control_Ass'n,_Inc._v._Bunner

Now I don't know whether it's a trade secret or not, but if the people who are signing the sept binaries are claiming it is then they are wilfully illegally using a trade secret.

The court seems to want to punish people people who steal the trade secret will keep it a secret themselves & not give it away.

Having the key in plain sight is also illegal (cause copyrighted content). Also, doesn't the team use a more obfuscated version of the keys (which in its self is illegal). I'm no lawyer/attorney either.

You certainly can't copyright an encryption key, copyright is for non trivial artistic works & things that take a long time to produce. An encryption key is none of those things.

Last edited by smf,

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If you want to talk about people in general, then don't reply to my comment next time.
It doesn't take critical thinking to realize that.

Seriously? Are you that dumb? Ok so now for the mentally challenged we need to broadcast any reply whether it is specifically to the poster or in general.

My ''personal reply'' was quoting your saying that ''Explaining how something works isn't bias." and pointing it out to ALL of the non-biased explainers who continuously post on here.

Your name is appropriate 8bitwonder - because you're at least 24 bits behind, trying to get a byte out of people, also trying to get the last word and belong on a short bus.

Reactions: 8BitWonder

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
smf, please just ask Nintendo to sue someone and get a judgement on it. Else you are just spouting nonsense in your echo chamber.
Also the EUCD thing you posted before included the very special word "may".

‘1. Rightholders of any copyright or of any related right as well as of the right under Article 102bis (3) [concerning databases], may apply to protected works or objects effective technological protection measures, including any technology, device or component that, in the normal course of its operation, is designed to prevent or restrict acts which are not authorised by the rightholders.

But you forgot to include the most important part.
Italian law

So, yet again. It's illegal in Italy. Not the rest of the EU. Else places like shop01media.com would be dead now.

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously? Are you that dumb? Ok so now for the mentally challenged we need to broadcast any reply whether it is specifically to the poster or in general.

My ''personal reply'' was quoting your saying that ''Explaining how something works isn't bias." and pointing it out to ALL of the non-biased explainers who continuously post on here.

Your name is appropriate 8bitwonder - because you're at least 24 bits behind, trying to get a byte out of people, also trying to get the last word and belong on a short bus.
Stooping to name-calling when called on your BS.

Stay classy. :rolleyes:

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sense of humour not detected error.

as for name calling.. I'm sorry if one of my rare instances of name calling offends you, as opposed to the constant name calling from the anti SX OS crew.
Come on now, we both know you weren't joking.

Though I can tell we're both tired of each other.
I'll leave you alone.

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
unfortuantely there is so much salt and butt hurt on these forums that friendly jibes and actual attempts at robust discussions are usually interpreted as fanboism because you have to be in one tribe or the other.. remember how this all started over "Explaining how something works isn't bias."? Pepperidge Farms remember.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
smf, please just ask Nintendo to sue someone and get a judgement on it.

That is a stupid argument. Like saying "please make police in US prosecute all murders" before believing that murder is illegal in the US.

I could throw it back at you and say "please ask nintendo to sue TX" before believing sx os is illegal.

It seems you don't like logical and well thought out arguments that disprove your beliefs.

Else you are just spouting nonsense in your echo chamber.

Doesn't sound like what is going on with my posts

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echo_chamber_(media)

In news media, echo chamber is a metaphorical description of a situation in which beliefs are amplified or reinforced by communication and repetition inside a closed system

Your nonsense posts on the other hand truly fit the bill & if you don't like an answer, you can get it deleted.

So, yet again. It's illegal in Italy. Not the rest of the EU. Else places like shop01media.com would be dead now.

mod chip and flash card sellers across europe have been successfully sued, I don't know why you keep denying this. It's stupid to suggest that something is legal because not everyone has been sued. Do you think copyright infringement is legal because of all the gbatemp members who never got caught?

https://www.mcvuk.com/business/french-courts-illegalise-console-piracy
https://www.mcvuk.com/business/nintendo-wins-dutch-piracy-case

The uk police seem to be too busy targeting modded kodi box sellers https://www.gov.uk/government/news/...aming-devices-and-thieves-of-paid-for-content to bother with the few people modding consoles.

It's interesting to see quite what laws are being used to target those, https://www.mediawrites.law/uk-gove...sures-in-the-fight-against-illegal-streaming/

The law in relation to illicit streaming is relatively flexible as there are a number of statutory and common law provisions which may be applicable to a particular case. Wrongdoers can be prosecuted for offences under the Copyright, Designs and Patent Act (CDPA) 1988, the Fraud Act 2006, and the common law offence of conspiracy to defraud. In addition, the supply of illicit streaming devices may be covered by offences under the Serious Crime Act 2007, including encouraging or assisting in the commission of an offence (s.44). In the Filmspeler case, which was covered by MediaWrites here, the CJEU clarified that selling a multimedia player pre-loaded with software geared towards streaming infringing material is illegal.

I see no reason those same laws couldn't be applied to someone providing software which gives access to video games instead of tv and movies.

Your bias is showing again:rofl2:

Bias would be something like "so what that sxos has xci mounting, we don't even want xci mounting as it's stupid and so is anyone who wants it". Instead saying "I use atmosphere and wish it had xci mounting" is discussing the same difference, but with less bias.

I actually don't care about sxos at all, I would make the same posts if atmosphere, kosmos or reinx were being singled out with no logical explanation. But that won't be, because of bias.

Last edited by smf,

okbyenow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sao Tome and Principe
SX 2.6.1 fixes an issue where plugging in a third party dock/adapter could lead to a crash. Now I can use my COOV SH350 Pro+HDMI+HDD+Battery to play on TV and handheld mode alternatively without rebooting with that combo on the first place.

A+

Can confirm. They definitely should have added this to the change-log...

Reactions: thaikhoa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: