SX OS 2.6 Beta released: full support for Nintendo Switch firmware 7.x

From Team Xecuter:

This new 2.6 BETA of SX OS adds full support for Nintendo Switch firmware 7.x, including ALL functionality you expect when using our product. We've been pioneering our own unique and proprietary solution for defeating any future firmware protection and we're quite happy with the results so far.

This release is marked as BETA because we changed things drastically under the hood to streamline future firmware updates and some things may inadvertently behave differently.

That does not mean it hasn't been vetted at all, so give it a shot today!

Of course, we haven't been sitting idly behind the scenes either. A lot of our development resources and attention has been dedicated to bringing SX OS to those "unhackable" switches. We are working hard to bring the SX OS experience to all of you who are stuck with an "unhackable" switch. Stay tuned for more news!

Download here: -REMOVED-

Last edited by linuxares,

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No posting wich method to use and the key itself is illegal. Using a key to open a door without mentioning wich key is used isn't illegal atleast not in Europe so nope

No you don't have to "mention" the key for it to be illegal, a circumvention device doesn't need to include a key.

This directive states in article 6, 'Obligations as to technological measures':

1. Member States shall provide adequate legal protection against the circumvention of any effective technological measures, which the person concerned carries out in the knowledge, or with reasonable grounds to know, that he or she is pursuing that objective.
  2. Member States shall provide adequate legal protection against the manufacture, import, distribution, sale, rental, advertisement for sale or rental, or possession for commercial purposes of devices, products or components or the provision of services which:
    • (a) are promoted, advertised or marketed for the purpose of circumvention of, or
    • (b) have only a limited commercially significant purpose or use other than to circumvent, or
    • (c) are primarily designed, produced, adapted or performed for the purpose of enabling or facilitating the circumvention of, any effective technological measures.
  3. For the purposes of this Directive, the expression 'technological measures' means any technology, device or component that, in the normal course of its operation, is designed to prevent or restrict acts, in respect of works or other subjectmatter, which are not authorised by the rightsholder of any copyright or any right related to copyright as provided for by law or the sui generis right provided for in Chapter III of Directive 96/9/EC. Technological measures shall be deemed 'effective' where the use of a protected work or other subjectmatter is controlled by the rightsholders through application of an access control or protection process, such as encryption, scrambling or other transformation of the work or other subject-matter or a copy control mechanism, which achieves the protection objective.
  4. Notwithstanding the legal protection provided for in paragraph 1, in the absence of voluntary measures taken by rightsholders, including agreements between rightsholders and other parties concerned, Member States shall take appropriate measures to ensure that rightsholders make available to the beneficiary of an exception or limitation provided for in national law in accordance with Article 5(2)(a), (2)(c), (2)(d), (2)(e), (3)(a), (3)(b) or (3)(e) the means of benefiting from that exception or limitation, to the extent necessary to benefit from that exception or limitation and where that beneficiary has legal access to the protected work or subject-matter concerned. (...)

Atmosphere is an unauthorised derived work of Nintendo and SciresM, you haven't been authorised to run it by nintendo so it would feasibly be covered in european law.

The illegal thing is sharing the key.

Or sharing code that can derive the key without permission, i.e. sept.

sx os had the key encrypted and calculated it at run time. It didn't even "share the key".

Last edited by smf,

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
No you don't have to "mention" the key for it to be illegal, a circumvention device doesn't need to include a key.

Not really. As long as you get the stuff legally, it is ok to do so. Nobody can stop you to do whatever you want with your device (well, at least here).
Otherwise, every CFW and homebrew is illegal at some point.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
But the illegal thing is using the key without permission, so it doesn't matter which method you used for unlocking the door. No matter what superstition you carry out at the same time.
T

sx os had the key encrypted and calculated it at run time. It didn't even "share the key".
first off it is not a device and like i said in most european countries using software that doesn't post keys like atmosphere is legal. There's even legal shops here that do modding

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not really. As long as you get the stuff legally, it is ok to do so.

Sept doesn't get the key legally, it isn't authorised by nintendo to do it.

Nobody can stop you to do whatever you want with your device (well, at least here).

Of course whether something is legal or not and whether you can stop it or not are two entirely different things. Otherwise there would be no murders.

Otherwise, every CFW and homebrew is illegal at some point.

Right, they are.

first off it is not a device

For the purposes of law it is a device, device can be software. Atmosphere is software.

and like i said in most european countries using software that doesn't post keys like atmosphere is legal. There's even legal shops here that do modding

Why do you think it's legal? Do you think shops can't ever do anything illegal?

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes but the past xx pages have been people arguing about SX OS having the key in the boot.dat.

Right, the discussion is why this particular reason was given for not linking to sx os as it doesn't hold up.

@smf
So you are saying silly putty is illegal because i can replicate door keys with it?

DMCA doesn't cover door keys, so no. If hypothetically silly putty could be used for modding a console, then silly putty wouldn't be illegal but telling someone how to use silly putty to mod the console would be.

Last edited by smf,

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic

Of course whether something is legal or not and whether you can stop it or not are two entirely different things. Otherwise there would be no murders.

Right, they are.

For the purposes of law it is a device, device can be software. Atmosphere is software.

Why does it have to be authorized by Nintendo? No homebrew is authorized by Nintendo. Does it mean that every homebrew is illegal?
Oh, you think that CFWs are illegal. Ok. End of conversation right here...

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why does it have to be authorized by Nintendo? No homebrew is authorized by Nintendo. Does it mean that every homebrew is illegal?

Only homebrew that is a circumvention device that has no authorization from Nintendo.

You're making a classic logical fallacy

Oh, you think that CFWs are illegal. Ok. End of conversation right here...

You can't handle the truth.

Last edited by smf,

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Only homebrew that is a circumvention device that has no authorization from Nintendo.

You can't handle the truth.
If you can prove that editing own stuff is illegal, sure.
If I own a game, which is copyrighted, but I bought a copy, are mods illegal? Cheating in offline as well? If it is my own copy that I bought, I can't do anything with it except playing it how the author wanted? That sounds just like EULA.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,
Reactions: Deleted User

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you can prove that editing own stuff is illegal, sure.
If I own a game, which is copyrighted, but I bought a copy, are mods illegal? Cheating in offline as well? If it is my own copy that I bought, I can't do anything with it except playing it? That's what EULA says.

Modifying the game is perfectly legal, bypassing the copy protection so you can run it is not. This has been covered in court already with flash cards.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

Right, they are.

I already explained to you but you keep ignoring what i said. The key isn't in it so in that regard it is FULLY legal in Europe. Shops can indeed do illegal things but if they're allowed to do modding then fucking be sure it is fucking legal to do so or they would have been shut down ages ago but they aren't.

Reactions: Deleted User

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Modifying the game is perfectly legal, bypassing the copy protection so you can run it is not. This has been covered in court already with flash cards.
So I am limited in what I can do with my copy of the game, even if it is now my own property? Well, definitely not in the Czech Republic.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.