SX OS 2.6 Beta released: full support for Nintendo Switch firmware 7.x

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by JBMario, Mar 17, 2019.

1. 8BitWonder

8BitWonder Small Homebrew Dev

Jan 23, 2016
    United States
    47 4F 54 20 45 45 4D
    GBATemp did fine before SX OS was a topic of discussion here.
    I have a hard time believing GBATemp would hurt as much as you're implying if all SX discussion was restricted.

Lilith Valentine and CloudLep like this.
  2. kumikochan

kumikochan GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    Ugh don't you have anything better to do then play the victim card 24/24 7/7. Every thread i go in i see you constantly complaining and whiteknighting TX.

ghjfdtg, natkoden and CloudLep like this.
  3. CloudLep

CloudLep GBAtemp Regular

Feb 14, 2013
    Austria
    They don't care about gbatemp? Yet you have admins from tx in here acting like they are morally superior:rofl2:

4. xiaNaix

xiaNaix GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 14, 2002
    United States
    In my capacity as an "admin from TX" I am officially requesting that GBATemp remove all threads and future discussion pertaining to Team Xecuter and SX OS. You can have the safespace you desire.

5. gizmomelb

gizmomelb GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 13, 2006
    Australia
    how is it toxic to mention that $30 USD might be a lot of money for your location? $30 USD has entirely differing values depending on where you go in the world to spend it - I was on holiday recently in the Pacific and on New Caledonia $30 USD had entirely different buying power to the same $30 USD amount when we were on Noumea, for example.

So knowing that most African nations have a low GDP, then it is entirely logical to rationalise that $30 USD would be a large expense (but on top of the original $300 USD for the Switch? well that is another argument isn't it?).

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Did I make fun? No. See my earlier comment about logically concluding the value of money being different in different locations and it is PERFECTLY reasonable to mention your location. The only person playing the race card, is you.

and the tune changes once called out and proven with something, back to the semantic and logical quibbling.

ahh but you can't tell a friend unless you have a friend in the first place

just like the usual troll's arguments and so called points :)

cats like to busy things in sandboxes too...

what a funny, but opposite coincidence!

6. CloudLep
    This message by CloudLep has been removed from public view by Joe88, Mar 20, 2019, Reason: Off topic.
    Mar 19, 2019
  7. tinkle
    This message by tinkle has been removed from public view by Joe88, Mar 20, 2019, Reason: Off topic.
    Mar 19, 2019
  8. CloudLep
    This message by CloudLep has been removed from public view by Joe88, Mar 20, 2019, Reason: Off topic.
    Mar 19, 2019
  9. Game_Over_Tom
    This message by Game_Over_Tom has been removed from public view by Joe88, Mar 20, 2019, Reason: Off topic.
    Mar 19, 2019
  10. CloudLep
    Mar 19, 2019
  11. Don Jon

Don Jon GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 20, 2015
    United States
    hbshop downloads and installs at the same time wirelessly
    but I understand your versatility

12. xiaNaix
    This message by xiaNaix has been removed from public view by x65943, Mar 20, 2019, Reason: Reply to trashed post.
    Mar 19, 2019
  13. wiewiec

wiewiec GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 24, 2015
    Poland
    Somewhere
    Thread is oudtaded, request to mods lock this thread or leave this thread for trolls...

14. CloudLep
    This message by CloudLep has been removed from public view by Joe88, Mar 20, 2019, Reason: Uneeded.
    Mar 19, 2019
  15. xiaNaix

xiaNaix GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 14, 2002
    United States
    I've already requested ALL threads related to TX and SX OS be removed. They won't do it though because the money generated by the salt mine is too good.

Last edited by Joe88, Mar 20, 2019 - Reason: Removed trashed quote
  16. natkoden

natkoden GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 25, 2006
    Argentina
    You sure that's the reason?

And here I am, thinking you are delusional.

CloudLep likes this.
  17. smf

smf GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 23, 2009
    Keys CANNOT be copyrighted. Distributing them could be a DMCA violation, but then so would distributing anything that calculates them without permission (which is what atmosphere does).

If one is illegal, then so is the other.

sept doesn't need to include the key to violate the DMCA, just having code to calculate it is enough. But if you argue sept is not a DMCA violation then SX OS isn't either.

Right, trial by popularity contest. "bbbbbut atmosphere can't be illegal, I love it and SciresM but I hate TX and I can believe that everything they do is illegal so it must be"

Right, since the day it opened as an illegal gba rom site. It has never shaken off being a portal to piracy.

Last edited by smf, Mar 20, 2019
    bakageta likes this.
  18. oldsk00l

oldsk00l GBAtemp Regular

Oct 22, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Ooof these gbatemp SXos threads are much easier to read when you ignore the kids first ^^. I know this console is made mainly for kids and i have to deal with anime avatars or little boys pretending to be a girl, but i didn't expect such childish and toxic behavior. I can remember how long it took for the WiiU Scene to get a smooth working CFW and how many promises were made before. So just be happy that we have Atmosphere, ReiNX and SXos - people that work in their freetime and share their knowledge with us. No matter what you are using or prefer as CFW.

Back in these days i came to gbatemp to help other people, mainly new users with their problems but today i don't feel comfortable anymore because i am scared about the toxic users flaming me. I check some threads (trying to get important stuff out of 60 pages pure flaming), get my things together and logoff. Just a lurker. Well done community :P

'nuff said

MachRc, gizmomelb and doofdilla like this.
  19. smf
    This message by smf has been removed from public view by x65943, Mar 20, 2019, Reason: Off topic.
    Mar 20, 2019
  20. AlbusGellert

AlbusGellert Member

Newcomer
    Jan 23, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Now it's V2.6.1, not a big change.

21. kingaz

kingaz GBAtemp Regular

Oct 27, 2013
    United States
    You are indeed correct that most of the activities of this forum fall on the wrong side of the DMCA. Even putting aside the issue of piracy, simply bypassing the security of game consoles is a violation of the act.

However.

Not all laws and violations are created equal. Some are better enforced than others. To the best of my knowledge, neither Atmosphere nor ReiNX contain copyright-infringing code or illegal numbers. Sure, both violate the DMCA in their functionality, but they don't have to contain Nintendo's code or keys in order to do so. And seeing how homebrew, CFW, etc. has been a thing for years and has not gotten this forum shut down, we're probably okay having it around, at least for now.

SX OS, on the other hand, does have an illegal number embedded into its newest release. This is more likely to bring enforcement against this forum if it hosts said release.

ghjfdtg and CloudLep like this.
  22. squall3031

squall3031 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 17, 2006
    Hi guys,
    Just a question in regard to Emunand.
    I have SX OS 2.5.3 and my OFW is 5.1. I installed Emunand yesterday and updated the firmware on Emunand from 5.1 to 6.2 using choidujournx.

I was wondering if I could use SX OS 2.6.1 BETA to update the firmware on Emunand to 7.0.1?
    Is using homebrew still possible when booting into SX OS CFW on Emunand 7.0.1?

23. thaikhoa

thaikhoa GBAtemp Addict

Sep 16, 2008
    Australia
    Yes

24. ttierno2

ttierno2 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2019
    United States
    I've got the same black screen issue as you, but neither my SX OS menu or my payload direct load mine. Lucky! I think I'm gonna have to delete my Emunand and lose all the save progress. My son's gonna kill me! :(

25. JJTapia19

JJTapia19 I fight for my friends.

May 31, 2015
    Puerto Rico
    Did you tried booting emunand a couple of times? For me it takes up to 5 times to boot since the 2.6 update. Hope they fix it soon.

26. ghjfdtg

ghjfdtg GBAtemp Fan

Jul 13, 2014
    Maybe we should ask a real lawyer shall we? @SciresM

27. gnilwob

gnilwob GBAtemp Regular

Mar 16, 2008
    Hong Kong
    Do not delete your Emunand.
    You can extract save from Emunand using computer.

28. DaveLister
    This message by DaveLister has been removed from public view by x65943, Mar 20, 2019, Reason: Off topic.
    Mar 20, 2019
  29. SXAintSoBad

SXAintSoBad Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2019
    Antigua and Barbuda
    This is actually probably now provable since SX-OS (inadvertently) released the actual key in 2.6.

Having now read that ReINX had linking issues in the past here for similar reasons, I'm a little less outraged that you can't link to SX-OS any more...but it's not like it's exactly hard to find. News and discussion aren't banned, just linking.

kumikochan likes this.