SX OS 2.6 Beta released: full support for Nintendo Switch firmware 7.x

From Team Xecuter:

This new 2.6 BETA of SX OS adds full support for Nintendo Switch firmware 7.x, including ALL functionality you expect when using our product. We've been pioneering our own unique and proprietary solution for defeating any future firmware protection and we're quite happy with the results so far.

This release is marked as BETA because we changed things drastically under the hood to streamline future firmware updates and some things may inadvertently behave differently.

That does not mean it hasn't been vetted at all, so give it a shot today!

Of course, we haven't been sitting idly behind the scenes either. A lot of our development resources and attention has been dedicated to bringing SX OS to those "unhackable" switches. We are working hard to bring the SX OS experience to all of you who are stuck with an "unhackable" switch. Stay tuned for more news!

Download here: -REMOVED-

Last edited by linuxares,

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
Well maybe, because all of the atmosphere devs seem so much against illegal behavior of all kinds and so much into playing by the legal rules, why not disable piracy at all under atmosphere? and don't forget banning all emulator roms, bios etc because you know, illegal to distrubute and so on ...
Because it's pointless? Atmosphere is open source. The pirates will just fork it and remove anything blocking warez from working. On top of that it's a waste of time when they can use the time to implement actual features.

Last edited by ghjfdtg,
Reactions: Rahkeesh

Meepers55

Flintstones Regular
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question:
Aren't the sig patches on reiNX also illegal?

EDIT: cause I can see links on the forum to reiNX

Answer:
ReiNX links were initially banned when they were straight up distributing modified versions of Nintendo code. They had to convert those to patches before gbatemp allowed them to be linked. So don't think SX is getting singled out here. If anything they were given too much leeway in the past.

Reactions: Deleted User

josete2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I'm trying to compile sept but ir doesn't work...

Who can say that the precompiled sept doesn't have the key hardcoded?

I trust SciresM, but I can say that sept has the key hardcoded and en ripted and you can't proove if I'm telling the truth or not.
What is not working?
Anyone who read through the GitHub. Precompiled sept is just sept signed with the key.
You can say that, but nobody will believe you unless you point it out in the repo.

josete2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
ReiNX links were initially banned when they were straight up distributing modified versions of Nintendo code. They had to convert those to patches before gbatemp allowed them to be linked. So don't think SX is getting singled out here. If anything they were given too much leeway in the past.

So, if I post a boot.dat from SXOS 1.0 and a few patches to make it working in 7.0.x it becomes legal?

What is not working?
Anyone who read through the GitHub. Precompiled sept is just sept signed with the key.
You can say that, but nobody will believe you unless you point it out in the repo.

Well you're assuming that the precompiled sept is the result of compiling the github code and signing with the tsec key... But you can't proove it. Just believe the SciresM words.

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
So, if I post a boot.dat from SXOS 1.0 and a few patches to make it working in 7.0.x it becomes legal?

Well you're assuming that the precompiled sept is the result of compiling the github code and signing with the tsec key... But you can't proove it. Just believe the SciresM words.
Anyone with own exploit or access to the keys can prove it. I am not saying that I can do that.
Also, there is no reason for open source developer and lawyer with know name to (from all of the sudden) start lying about stuff.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

tinkle

taciturn shill girl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Truthfully, precompiled sept ought to be banned too because it's encrypted and we don't know anything more about the contents than we do about 2.6.1 SX. And "trust" isn't objective. You can't just say "well I trust xyz but distrust abc" as an excuse to apply different rules.

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to compile sept but ir doesn't work...

Who can say that the precompiled sept doesn't have the key hardcoded?

I trust SciresM, but I can say that sept has the key hardcoded and encripted and you can't proove if I'm telling the truth or not.
Why would they bother making and open-sourcing Sept if they were just going to hard-code It?

You're grasping at straws.

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, are saying that you can't prove it?

I can't prove it, many people can't prove it, but we believe it.

But SXOS has to prove they don't use keys...

Aham...
SXOS has been proven to be using Nintendo code in the past before they hard-coded the tsec key in 2.6.
You don't even need an exploit to pick it apart and look at it, just use hexkyz's scripts.

Kubas_inko

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
So, are saying that you can't prove it?

I can't prove it, many people can't prove it, but we believe it.

But SXOS has to prove they don't use keys...

Aham...
Anyone can prove it, as long as they have the stuff to prove it. Otherwise yea, they can't.
That's like saying prove that there is 10°C outside, without giving you anything to measure it with.

Gateway has to prove it because, in order to gain trust, you have to show that your mistake is no longer present.

So once again. Give me the stuff and I'll prove it. Otherwise, stop asking for it.
Also, can you prove, that they have the keys? That another problem.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone can prove it, as long as they have the stuff to prove it. Otherwise yea, they can't.
That's like saying prove that there is 10°C outside, without giving you anything to measure it with.

Gateway has to prove it because, in order to gain trust, you have to show that your mistake is no longer present.

So once again. Give me the stuff and I'll prove it. Otherwise, stop asking for it.
you make no sense as you're not making a logical argument. Trust has nothing to do with facts and evidence.

Reactions: thaikhoa

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you then prove that the sept.bin is the github code compiled and signed?
If I said yes, would you believe me?

Your argument is that you dont know if you can trust the people that sign it.
But even if I or someone else came in and said yes you wouldn't believe them either.

Your argument is entirely subjective until you yourself compile and sign it. And I very much doubt the keys will land in your lap.

Last edited by 8BitWonder,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: see ya