Hacking SX OS 2.6.1 Beta released: fix for HDD not recognized and SXOS online license activation

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
You're apparently wrong here. Ask your local phone service about eMMC units and what they think of it. Bet you'll learn some new bad sentences from them.
At least 4-5 years with constant eMMC usage (write and erase, write and erase). That is my estimate. Which is not happening on the Switch.
I can be super wrong tho.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

Wezaa

Trophies
XP
Country
Nice. Good to see most bugs have been ironed out. I've updated to SX 2.6.1 but I'm gonna stay on lower firmwares on my sys/emunand until I'm forced to upgrade.

Having the ability in both Atmosphere and SX OS to use homebrew to reboot to a payload all but eliminates the need for jigs/autoRCM anymore.

How does one reboot to payload? Cheers

stick267

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by stick267,

popy

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Atmosphere users say there is no way to claim clean sysnand back (if you didn't have nand backup before) but in my experiences as a SX user, factory restore settings will wipe out all the system saves unless you had an account that linked to the Switch before hand. But it's okay to delete all system save in SYSTEM partition manually by using HacDiskMount except the 80...120 for the system to enter to the initial setup. Hope this will help you out

I have an account linked (didnt remember why), so factory reset is no option.
Thanks for the hint regarding HacDiskMount... dont know if i will do this :D

Restore clean NAND backup or recreate your NAND. But that's only truly safe, if you never sent any error reports.

Will look if i have an clean nand backup.

Umm... because of that "only reason"? Some of us are not banned and we want to keep it that way as long as possible, if not forever. I don't want to have to search warez sites for game updates, but I do want to install RA cores (channels) onto my home menu. I will not go online running a CFW or with homebrew installed on the system. Emunand lets people do this. Right or wrong, it's peace of mind for those of use who aren't banned yet.

How can i check if i am already banned without getting banned :rofl: ?

Because when i am already banned, i dont care about Emunand any more.

thx
pOpY

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so with reboot to payload does it mean if sxos crashes I can reboot sxos?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

also people need to stop bumping the 2.6 thread.

stick267

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so with reboot to payload does it mean if sxos crashes I can reboot sxos?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

also people need to stop bumping the 2.6 thread.
No, only the reboot to playload NRO works. If you crash you'll have to reboot into RCM and inject your payload.

Reactions: comput3rus3r

Sno0t

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
However, there's a minor issue persists when loading large custom XCI file (such as wolfenstein or doom with updates packed in a single XCI) through standart SX launcher menu - they just don't mount at all. They are loadable still through SX Installer, you can mount them there and go back to home menu with CXCI being mounted, but that's an extra step.
Yah, stumbled upon this the other day. Kinda annoying, but as I consider buying a 400GB mSD I don't really care that much anymore
For now. I can settle with the extra step via the installer :)

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if i wanted to make a new emunand on 7.0.1 how do i convert my existing 6.2 emunand so that I don't have to reinstall games saves etc?

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

@shaunj66 confirmed no key in sx 2.6.1

Last edited by comput3rus3r,

gjimenezf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Any word on if the N64 boost due to Hekate/Atmo has been added to SX OS?
It works really fast.
Here is everything you need for the best N64 emulation:
It includes latest Retroarch 1.7.6, NSP forwarder to use full ram, Latest mupen64plus-next with Gliden64 3.0 support and special configs for this core.
You need latest Atmosphere 0.8.5 or latest SX OS 2.6.1 because they have JIT patches.
Extract zip, copy files to MicroSd, install NSP file and launch from home screen not from homebrew launcher.
https://mega.nz/#!u9tUgKpb!p0rjlHPwwSLsvDKEhM7CmzrIO-SZizGfCI8xLQ0n528

Reactions: popy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1