Hacking Question SX OS 2.2 BETA HDD Not allowing me to load games! HELP

mikefor20

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all! So I am trying to use my HDD to load some XCI files in SXOS 2.2.. When I go to album it shows the XCI file I have in the root of the HDD but then it disappears and comes back again kind of "Flashing". It continues to do this and never finishes scanning. What could be wrong? Here's my System information.

• WD Elemental HDD USB 3.0 2TB ExFAT formatted
  • Launch Switch 3.0.1 with SX OS 2.2 BETA Games function on the SD fine.
I put the XCI in the root of the HDD and in HDD:\SXOS\ with the same result. The XCI is a personal dump and works fine on my SD so that's no the issue. I tried other XCI files too. I tried putting the XCI on a flash drive and SXOS didn't see the drive at all. Nothing in album. I tried all 3 ports as well.. Only things I ever plugged in to the dock until now is the Switch and the Pro controller. I hope it's not the port as it is WAY Out of warranty... Any ideas?

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi all! So I am trying to use my HDD to load some XCI files in SXOS 2.2.. When I go to album it shows the XCI file I have in the root of the HDD but then it disappears and comes back again kind of "Flashing". It continues to do this and never finishes scanning. What could be wrong? Here's my System information.

• WD Elemental HDD USB 3.0 2TB ExFAT formatted
  • Launch Switch 3.0.1 with SX OS 2.2 BETA Games function on the SD fine.
I put the XCI in the root of the HDD and in HDD:\SXOS\ with the same result. The XCI is a personal dump and works fine on my SD so that's no the issue. I tried other XCI files too. I tried putting the XCI on a flash drive and SXOS didn't see the drive at all. Nothing in album. I tried all 3 ports as well.. Only things I ever plugged in to the dock until now is the Switch and the Pro controller. I hope it's not the port as it is WAY Out of warranty... Any ideas?
Does your HDD have a power cable? Or does it only use the USB cable?

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What a piece of shit. It's the Wii U all over again. As others have alluded to, you'll probably need a Y cable or a drive that is externally powered. I'm sure the drive works fine on anything else with a USB port, but this is a Nintendo product.

mikefor20

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What a piece of shit. It's the Wii U all over again. As others have alluded to, you'll probably need a Y cable or a drive that is externally powered. I'm sure the drive works fine on anything else with a USB port, but this is a Nintendo product.

I tried my old externally powered 1TB My BOOK WD USB2.0 and got the same result.. maybe I have a stry file on my SD mucking things up. Lots of old shit on there. I looked for sleep options but I cant find any on this drive..

I find it hard to believe that this drive wouldn't work. It s a very popular model. I thought there would be complaints by now..

Doc. you seem VERY knowledgeable.. how do I test the ports on my dock to ensure they are not fried? turn off Bluetooth and such and use the pro controller in wired mode? all I can think of.. They all charge the Pro controller fine...

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried my old externally powered 1TB My BOOK WD USB2.0 and got the same result.. maybe I have a stry file on my SD mucking things up. Lots of old shit on there. I looked for sleep options but I cant find any on this drive..

I find it hard to believe that this drive wouldn't work. It s a very popular model. I thought there would be complaints by now..

Doc. you seem VERY knowledgeable.. how do I test the ports on my dock to ensure they are not fried? turn off Bluetooth and such and use the pro controller in wired mode? all I can think of.. They all charge the Pro controller fine...

I can think of two things to try. To eliminate the possibility of a conflict with the SD card you could use a freshly formated SD with only boot.dat.

To assess if the ports are putting out the correct voltage you could use one of those USB testers to see if it's outputting 5v. However, since you tried an externally powered drive and got the same result that doesn't seem likely.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over