sx os 1.4 crash and now stuck in boot loop

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by npavlovici, Aug 4, 2018.

1. npavlovici
    OP

npavlovici Member

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2009
    Romania
    Edit, 12.08.2018

I's not sx os related,it's a hardware problem.

I will post results when i will change all the parts related with stuck at nintendo switch boot logo.

Original post:

I have a client with a problem after using sx os 1.4 and ofw 5.1 using sx os 1.4 (only xci) about 3 days with some rare freezing when try to load a game

The console was power off to add a game on micro sd and restarted in sx os but it stuck to the Nintendo Switch logo.

Now the console it's in my possession to try to solve the problem.
    I tried to start the ofw and it remains stuck at logo.
    I let the console drain the battery and after that i connected to the charger and after charging started in ofw.
    I tried again to start sx os but it remains stuck at the Nintendo Switch logo.
    I removed the micro sd and start ofw but again it's stuck at logo.
    I made a nand backup after console started to freeze at logo and another one after i managed to drain the battery and booted to ofw .
    I don't use auto rcm, micro sd tested ok with h2testw_1.4, formatted ex fat.
    I disconnected the battery and whait 10 minutes, connected again, start console on ofw and again stuck at logo.
    Remove battery disconnect nand cip , reconnect nand cip ,reconnect battery,same.
    Recovery mode not working.
    No warranty.

I let the console drain the battery again but this time it didn't work , i am stuck at boot logo trying to boot ofw.

It's a software problem or hardware?
    Maybe @rajkosto can help my to be sure nand is ok,i have nand dump and bis key and seems ok.
    M92T36 problem?
    If it's a software problem I have to buy a Nintendo switch for my client .
    If It's hardware i can buy and replace components.

Now all the Nintendo switch i worked have a nand backup.(maybe the sx os is not as stable as I thought)

If you have any solutions ideas please let my now.

Last edited by npavlovici, Aug 12, 2018
  2. drfunkenstein2k

drfunkenstein2k Member

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2011
    United States
    Have you tried to reformat the sdcard and download a new copy of the SX-OS file? maybe it got corrupted while he was transferring xci files.

3. chromed

chromed Member

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2015
    Philippines
    I don't think this is related to sx os I have seen non jailbreak user from a Facebook group and sx os don't exist yet got this problem and they have to send the console for repair.

npavlovici likes this.
  4. npavlovici
    OP

npavlovici Member

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2009
    Romania
    Not yet ,for the moment i don't want to boot sx os anymore , i will use another card tested in working console, if the console boot to ofw with no micro card connected, for now i just want to boot ofw , horizon, but it remain stuck at boot logo like this
    I will try to restore the last nand backup.
    If it's not a problem from sx os it's great ,this problem it's new to my i have 6 happy another sx users with now problems, maybe some ocazional freezing with sx os 1.4.

Last edited by npavlovici, Aug 4, 2018
  5. adrifcastr

adrifcastr GBAtemp Addict

Sep 12, 2016
    Germany
    If everything fails you could flash a clean Version of hos using hdm and choidujour

npavlovici likes this.
  6. isoisoiso

isoisoiso GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2018
    Niger
    at least the brick code is working

7. dsrules

dsrules GBAtemp Psycho!

Sep 20, 2005
    3rd party dock used?

npavlovici likes this.
  8. magico29

magico29 GBAtemp Maniac

GBAtemp Patron
    magico29 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Aug 2, 2017
    United States
    do a nand restore and see what happen.

npavlovici likes this.
  9. Canna

Canna Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom

GBAtemp Patron
    Canna is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 14, 2018
    United Kingdom

Ok lets start by telling you..
    If the nand is borked, fckd,corrupt,
    then no matter how many nand backups you make of that will not fix your problem your only replicating the issue...

I would like to suggest You dump all the systems console info
    with the modified hekate boot loader payload, the modded version is to allow tsec key dump.. Found here
    https://github.com/tesnos/kezplez-nx/releases/download/v1.1/ipl.bin

and use
    biskeydump.bin payload after to backup your Bis keys (system keys) etc
    found here
    https://files.sshnuke.net/biskeydumpv6.zip

then please follow this guide
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-...nofficially-without-burning-any-fuses.507461/
    to copy over a clean system update.
    You can find the System update 5.1.0 on
    X *cough* Bins

If you followed the guide correctly and made sure to put in your biskeys and you choose 5.1.0 system files only then you will not need to boot this with hekate as it says ad the end of that guide but just boot as normal

THts what i would do transfer a clean version on 5.1.0 system

I bet you if followed correctly it will work

Also
    THIS STEP IN GUIDE You Can skip and use a keys.text from another system pref 5.1.0
    STEP 6: ACQUIRE A FULLY POPULATED hactool KEYS file

Last edited by Canna, Aug 6, 2018
  10. DaveLister

DaveLister GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 27, 2018
    Afghanistan
    lv426
    If you sit it in the dock does the dock LED flash or pulse ?? If so m92t36. Generally stuck at logo stops boot process due to bad power in that chip.

npavlovici and ModderFokker619 like this.
  11. npavlovici
    OP

npavlovici Member

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2009
    Romania
    Thank you all for you help.

Ordered m92t36 from aliexpress, just in case.

Maybe i will disassembly another working switch to compare values, hunt for shorts.

Restore nand =boot loop (stuck at Nintendo switch logo)

Recreate nand with @rajkosto great guide = boot loop (stuck at Nintendo switch logo).
    I will try this again with @Canna suggestion.

The client told my it was using original dock and usb c cable from Samsung S8 for seeding payload (it's a second hand unit from 2017).

In dock mode led flash about 1 second and afterwards no light.

12. rajkosto

rajkosto GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 6, 2017
    Is your PRODINFO valid ? Check if, when decrypted with HacDiskMount and proper bis keys, the first 4 bytes are CAL0 (and should be some more readable text around there, its part of the certificate)

Last edited by rajkosto, Aug 6, 2018
    npavlovici likes this.
  13. npavlovici
    OP

npavlovici Member

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2009
    Romania
    prodinfo. prodinfo.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

It's seems valid i can upload nand dump and biskey if you want, i want to by shore it's not a software problem.
    Thank you.

14. kumikochan

kumikochan GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    Looks to me he did something else then just boot sxos that caused the bootloop. Maybe messed around in devmenu or so

npavlovici likes this.
  15. Bellebite2000

Bellebite2000 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 31, 2018
    Afghanistan
    Wait a second, what kind of business is it? You charged him money and now you want us to do FREE customer service for you????

16. npavlovici
    OP

npavlovici Member

Newcomer
    Oct 28, 2009
    Romania
    Yes , i do repairs, and install mods for the peoples who can not do it , it's more like a hobby .Yes i charged him money.

Did i hide something?

You are correct i needed help from tx for free, i post on tx but the support it's minimal.

Maybe this thread will help others, if not maybe a moderator will deleted.

Thank you.

comput3rus3r likes this.
  17. DaveLister

DaveLister GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 27, 2018
    Afghanistan
    lv426
    Everyone here does repairs , chill the fuck out , if he makes money so what .
    It is not boot looping , its stuck at logo, its the power chip .

your user will most likely lie and say no no third party dock used , and if its second hand ? how do they know ?

18. kumikochan

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    Yeah also guessing he lied.

19. der:Tom

der:Tom GBAtemp Regular

Oct 3, 2008
    Austria
    Can someone explain me in a technically way what exactly the problem with 3rd party docks seems to be? We are talking about these generic usb-c hubs with hdmi you can get for 20 bucks on amazon, aren´t we?

20. kumikochan

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    Nintendo changed the power delivery because they wanted you to give them 80 dollars/euro for a cheaply made thing. Now ofcourse people are gonna defend Nintendo claiming there is no standard of usb-c power delivery but there is if every device on the planet is doing it the same way instead of Nintendo doing it differently ofcourse and not mentioning that to anyone till bricks happened. Fanboys aside, it was Nintendo's way trying so that only their dock would work

Last edited by kumikochan, Aug 6, 2018