Hacking SX OS 1.1 Is Out

Sopres

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone 100% confirm the no more fuse burning? I have a Switch on 3.0.0 that I want to upgrade to latest firmware to use SX OS, but I still want to downgrade in the future. I need to be 100% sure this update is legitimate and as advertised.

DarkLink31

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the mail from TX that conatins changelog:

SX OS 1.1 update!

Team Xecuter Distribution

Hello,

We've had an tremendous amount of positive feedback following the release of SX OS! So today we bring you a small update to SX OS.
Simply replace boot.dat on your microSD card with the one from the SX OS v1.1 zip file to complete the update. File can be downloaded from:

What's new in this release?

> Improved homebrew compatibility

We've had reports of some homebrew not running at full speed or not working at all, these issues have been resolved. As you're probably aware, you can enjoy homebrew with SX OS for FREE! (without a license)

> Added fuse burn protection

Some people are worried about burning their consoles' fuses, preventing downgrades and possibly hindering upcoming emuNAND support. To put these minds at ease we now prevent these fuses from burning.

> Support user cert in XCI

To play online your game (XCI) files need to have a unique certificate embedded. We now properly emulate these certificates, so dumps that have them embedded will be able to play online! Beware though, it is *not* advised to share a certificate with multiple people. Your best option is to make a backup of your own cartridges for the games that you want to play online. A way to do this currently is using WAIN v0.0.3, which can be found here:
In the future we will add our own user friendly cartridge backup functionality to SX OS.

That's it for now. We have much more coming for our userbase (CARD2 anyone?) and we hope you're all enjoying SX OS. Finally, we want to apologize to the people who are currently anticipating the arrival of their SX Pro... It will be worth the wait though!

Team Xecuter - Rocking the Switch in 2018 and beyond!

How can I sign up for these emails?

tinkle

taciturn shill girl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try VBA but, for example, pSNES still isn't working properly. It runs fine if I load hekate as an external payload. You'd think Team Xecuter could get the simple shit like homebrew working properly. :lol:
Homebrew only begins now with SX, tbh. Everything else was a fragmented mess of different version and OS support. SX provides a standard.

andre1891

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Why not play the legit Cards in OFW Online? I think its more safe, then play Dumps with the legit Certs in CFW? In my opinion this is useless

darkfuturez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can anyone 100% confirm the no more fuse burning? I have a Switch on 3.0.0 that I want to upgrade to latest firmware to use SX OS, but I still want to downgrade in the future. I need to be 100% sure this update is legitimate and as advertised.

I’m in the same situation as you. I know I need to do a nand backup for my 3.0 but I haven’t come across a guide for 3.0. Then I will need to do the fancy update that doesn’t burn fuses. If you know of a good YouTube video or guide please lmk.

wiiando

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's up to developers of homebrew to adhere to the new and original SX code standard.

Are you missing the point here? without the original entry point would TX have even of released anything? easy for them to release shit they're basically being paid to develop

Rel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll try VBA but, for example, pSNES still isn't working properly. It runs fine if I load hekate as an external payload. You'd think Team Xecuter could get the simple shit like homebrew working properly. :lol:
Damn that sucks, I was just about to ask if pSNES works properly now.

icefox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's new in this release?

> Improved homebrew compatibility

We've had reports of some homebrew not running at full speed or not working at all, these issues have been resolved. As you're probably aware, you can enjoy homebrew with SX OS for FREE! (without a license)

Just tested. Compatibility is slightly improved, e.g. snes emulator now loads. But the lag in other emulators are the same as before. More improvements needed.

Rel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a feeling that the incompatibly with type 2 game cards is going to get a lot more attention tomorrow..
Yeah, lots of big games coming out in these next few weeks, Crash, Wolfenstein, Mario Tennis. All likely they will use type 2 cards.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Can't wait for season 2