IMG_0054.jpg IMG_0114.jpg IMG_0059.jpg oooo.jpg[/MEDIA]

Last edited by FXDX,

Chirtan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey man using your video as a guideline to walk me through the process. What temp did you run your iron at? I want to be very careful to not burn or float my capacitors.

Reactions: Jax_Ripper and FXDX

FXDX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
It depends on what kind of station you use. Between 340 and 360 degrees Celsius is ok and don't discount the flux. It matters a lot.

Last edited by FXDX,
Reactions: Chirtan

Chirtan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay thanks, yeah I noticed everyone seems to use a ton of flux. I orderd some flux paste on Amazon it looks kind of waxy. Should I have grabbed a more viscous flux?

Reactions: FXDX

Tom Davies

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there anyone providing a service to install SX lite? Looking to get mine installed but don't really want to risk damaging the switch. Based in the UK

Reactions: FXDX

raging_chaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay thanks, yeah I noticed everyone seems to use a ton of flux. I orderd some flux paste on Amazon it looks kind of waxy. Should I have grabbed a more viscous flux?

Just a PSA about 'no clean' flux, it really just means low residue. It's usage is supposed to be for boards that will undergo wave soldering after being hand soldered, that's where the rest of the left over residue would burn off. It might look clean to the eye but the residue is still there. Sometimes it will manifest as a white non-corrosive residue over time, or might do actual damage depending on composition. Either way 'no clean' residue is almost impossible to clean. I tend to lean towards the waxy type, just make sure to clean the board after with IPA.

Here are some pro's and con's about no cleans:
https://www.circuitnet.com/experts/73284.html

Last edited by raging_chaos,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't need a mod chip since I have a release console. But I was interested in watching the video. It's been removed from YouTube... :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hope you've had a good morning.