Hacking Discussion SX EmuNAND is not real EmuNAND.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
>He paid $20 for online
>He paid for his games
>He paid for SX OS
>He paid to have slow in-game load times
>He paid to get banned
At least you're not poor, right? ;)
Did you just discover 4chan? Because it's not 2007 anymore. Figured I'd let you know.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Of course, understanding those who are disabled is my job.

Now my sources say that he thinks emunand is an anus.
You're doing God's work.

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're right, it's worse... We're on GBATemp.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SwitchHack...ch_speed_tests_u1_vs_u3_microsd_cards_xci_vs/

I'm glad! Though, sorry to refute sweety, but no one here thinks $50 is a lot of money! :)

Now, for chink garbage software of which better solutions exist for free? And better quality hardware can be purchased for less than $10? That $50 is starting to sound pretty steep, at least coming from someone with a brain and a lack of sour grapes! Perhaps I'll spend the $50 I didn't spend on China shit for a nice Japanese SD card to put more NSPs on! In fact, maybe five or six since I can afford it! :rofl:

That test is highly game (and micro SD brand) specific. I've seen the opposite result in certain games. Breath of the Wild loads faster off my micro SD than it does from cart.

I'm going to stop responding to you, as your replies have gotten racist. Good bye.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
That test is highly game (and micro SD brand) specific. I've seen the opposite result in certain games. Breath of the Wild loads faster off my micro SD than it does from cart.
They're comparing the same game over multiple SD cards, as well as with XCIs and NSPs. But OK, sorry you feel bad about your purchase.

-snip-

Last edited by osaka35,

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
A lot has changed since SX-OS has come out.

ReiNX for example allows you to:

- Update via a toolkit.
- Nand Dump + restore (Hekate also offers this).
- Update games (all CFWs allow this).
- Play XCI without converting (technically cheating as it auto-converts for you but it's still playable).
- Creport from Atmosphere (available as a kip) does an amazing job helping mitigate the ban risk (I'd say more so than TX's DNS blocker only).

The gap between SX-OS and free, open source CFW is closing and is continuing to do so at a surprisingly quick rate as well (development has exploded in the last couple of months).

I'm not saying the alternatives aren't good, far from it. I'm saying I'm happy with os ox and happy that it keeps getting updated. I can put that on a non-scene persons/childs switch and explain how to update and load games both in cfw and of easily and show them how to play online and get updates without being banned. I don't know anyone that only uses xci files in cfw and cartridges and legally owned stuff in O/F that's been banned yet. Also they can get game updates easily without having to go searching on warez sites or convert any files.
Now I would love a free alternative that was as good as os ox, but as of yet there aren't any that offer the same simplicity - once there is then I'll consider using them instead. In the meantime I'm sticking to os ox as it just works out of the box with no messing about.

Reactions: defkyle and lolboy

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just to leave that here.

unknown.png

jahrs

Technician of The Dead
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question so since the original topic was that its not EmuNand. Which from what i heard is true its not emulating a Nand but rather making a duplicate one in the same space as the original one. The what should we call it. This probably could better serve as a letter or message to TX to let them know so they could change the name so as to better suit what it actually does. Maybe Call it DualNand Or Since the usual thing for the switch is to to add "Switch" to something. NandSwitch or NS/SN

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Question so since the original topic was that its not EmuNand. Which from what i heard is true its not emulating a Nand but rather making a duplicate one in the same space as the original one. The what should we call it. This probably could better serve as a letter or message to TX to let them know so they could change the name so as to better suit what it actually does. Maybe Call it DualNand Or Since the usual thing for the switch is to to add "Switch" to something. NandSwitch or NS/SN
Uh, no. This is an EmuNAND. It's just not a partition on the SD.

jahrs

Technician of The Dead
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So its under the same branch but differently done? so what Flash-EmuNand or Ram-EmuNand. I mean lets give this thread a purpose to follow and name it.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
So its under the same branch but differently done? so what Flash-EmuNand or Ram-EmuNand. I mean lets give this thread a purpose to follow and name it.
It's just EmuNAND. It's just on NAND instead of on the SD. Also, until someone proves that this causes bans, this thread should be locked. Its only purpose is to stir hysteria and spread misinformation.

jahrs

Technician of The Dead
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hrm also valid So then CNand or FNand(F is for Faux) just to be fancy cause fake triggers people.

Another question i never new you could write to an actual nand on a system thought there was a kind of physical limiter or something. But what i want to know more about is where is that extra space for the FNand coming from.

Last edited by jahrs,

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's just EmuNAND. It's just on NAND instead of on the SD. Also, until someone proves that this causes bans, this thread should be locked. Its only purpose is to stir hysteria and spread misinformation.
We're just saying that Nintendo CAN detect it when you switch to ofw (if you don't have anything to block reporting, cdn, or idk), not that it causes ban.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Or just call it what it is: Fake EmuNAND as nothing is being emulated. Copy-NAND could also apply since, yeah that's what it does
What's being emulated with "real" EmuNAND? RedNAND is a better term for EmuNAND, as calls are being redirected, not emulated. EmuNAND works like a jailed environment on UNIX systems. That's a gross simplification, but it's the same concept.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
We're just saying that Nintendo CAN detect it when you switch to ofw (if you don't have anything to block reporting, cdn, or idk), not that it causes ban.
How do you know if the telemetry sent after using this hasn't been scraped yet? For all we know this is entirely indescribable from the actual NAND. The system might note partition changes, but why would there not be failsafes for this in place? I mean, people are so quick to think that an SD based EmuNAND is bullet proof, but I fail to see that considering that Nintendo could check the SD in the exact same way and perform the assumed mitigation that's being applied to this.

jahrs

Technician of The Dead
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So many good names So far i like RedNand sorta goes with the theme of the switch although wasnt there something already called RedNand somewhere. Might have to change it to SRedNand(S being short for switch) or SRN for Short.

Also for the other arguments on this thread about bans or no. just wait a week an make a poll to see who has and hasnt been ban using it

Last edited by jahrs,

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
So many good names So far i like RedNand sorta goes with the theme of the switch although wasnt there something already called RedNand somewhere. Might have to change it to SRedNand(S being short for switch) or SRN for Short
RedNAND came from the Wii U/early 3DS. It's actually a more accurate term.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So many good names So far i like RedNand sorta goes with the theme of the switch although wasnt there something already called RedNand somewhere. Might have to change it to SRedNand(S being short for switch) or SRN for Short.

Also for the other arguments on this thread about bans or no. just wait a week an make a poll to see who has and hasnt been ban using it
honestly i think nx-e would be perfect

nx obvious e emunand duh

or e-nx . . .(would pronounce like the old software co square merged with enix)

Last edited by wormdood,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans