1. OriginalCopycat

Newcomer

United Kingdom
    finally! Thank you so much - the only missing bit for me is how I update switch firmware on my Mariko SX Core. Any chance you could add this to your very noob-friendly guide? I’ve just downloaded a game that requires 10.1 but I’m on an earlier firmware. I’ve put down below the things I don’t know that maybe would help other noobs too:

• is ChoiDuJourNX compatible with SX Core on Mariko or not? There are so many conflicting reports and I can’t find a definitive YES anywhere. If so, are there any special considerations?
    • Is there another way to update instead?
    • Will I lose my games or saves?
    • If I’m not bothered about being banned should I just try and update my CFW via the official (online) method?
    Thanks!!

2. laramie

laramie GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    the new 1.3 update will let you update with choidujournx, it will still brick but after it gets updates the 1.3 update will fix it to make it bootable and not bricked. According to the sx team.

OriginalCopycat likes this.
  3. HenryMin

HenryMin Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Korea, South
    ChoidujourNX bricks mariko but the modchip can bypass the brick on latest SX CORE fw & latest SX OS.
    But using ChoidujourNX on sysNAND is not recommended, only using on emuNAND is safe.
    So update sysNAND using nintendo server, and update emuNAND using ChiodujourNX.
    And yeah, if you don't care about ban, just use official method.

4. OriginalCopycat

Newcomer

United Kingdom
    thanks a lot. Last question / what will happen to my games and saves if I ChoiDuJourNX the Emunand? Will they remain or do I need to restore them all?

5. HenryMin

HenryMin Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Korea, South
    ChoidujourNX will not affect games and game saves unless you choose factory reset option.

6. Crazystato

Crazystato GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    How do you tell which version of lockpick you are downloading. I can't see an option for non RCM version? Nevermind I released that link is for all normal versions

Last edited by Crazystato, Sep 9, 2020
  7. arawitch

OP arawitch Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    Just updated the guide with some of your suggestions. :)

8. Lan7638

Lan7638 Newbie
    Newcomer

Greece
    <<Tip: Ideally your Switch should have the most recent firmware version (that is supported by SXOS, currently 10.1.0 is)>>

Currently the latest firmware supported by SXOS is 10.2.0 if i am not mistaken.Should i update to 10.2.0 before install the SX CORE?

Thx you for the guide,it is very helpful.

9. orzech

orzech Newbie
    Newcomer

Poland
    Does the directory SXOS\EMUNAND on my SD card contain full NAND Backup ?

Last edited by orzech, Sep 21, 2020
  10. kickmeh

kickmeh Member
    Newcomer

Switzerland
    yes it is

11. luina

luina Newbie
    Newcomer

Australia
    very good tute

12. JVC

JVC Member
    Newcomer

United States
    It looks like the latest SX OS Build doesn't work with Incognito 1.5. It keeps crashing EMUNAND for me. Can anyone verify this?

13. Mr_Twii

Mr_Twii Newbie
    Newcomer

Lithuania
    Hello all, i Have Mariko with sx core. Does SD card needs to be FAT32 all times or just for nand dump? Can i just re format my sd to exfat after Nand dump? Just for the sace of 4 gb limitation on FAT32?

14. ManitoCC

ManitoCC Member
    Newcomer

Hi there, is it safe to follow this tuturial on my Switch V1 Patched Erista? If not, can you point me one for V1 Switch.
    Thanks

Edit: Forgot to say, i have the Sx Core already installed, dont know if its safe to do all the steps for mariko on erista? Thanks

Last edited by ManitoCC, Sep 28, 2020
  15. arawitch

OP arawitch Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    It's highly recommended to always have it as FAT32. Tinfoil and other apps are aware of 4GB limitation, so they'll work around this for your games anyway.

@ManitoCC

It's only written for Mariko Switches with SX Core installed.
    This website might be helpful in your case: https://switch.homebrew.guide/

Some parts of the guide will apply to your Switch as well, so it doesn't hurt to come back afterwards.

Mr_Twii and ManitoCC like this.
  16. Mr_Twii

Mr_Twii Newbie
    Newcomer

Lithuania
    @arawitch Thank you for your reply. Well i did try FAT32 on 3 different SDCards (One of it is 128 GB SanDisk for nintendo switch Red color) and i cant get a full nand dump... (Error 00FFFD4E)

Straight after install of sx core my first nand dump attempt ( used sandisk ultra 200 gb FAT32) got error at around 70 %. Now it usualy only gets boot0 and boot1 and then error...

Any advice where to look for a problem? Could it be bad soldering? Becouse as far as Glitching goes it looks ok two or tree blue flashes and green light. And after more tinkering ( swaping sdcards) with it looks like it cant read boot.dat from sdcard most of the time i have to try boot couple of times to get to sx boot menu. If there is no sdcard installed then screen quickly goes to "missing boot.dat" screen and if i insert sdcard with boot.dat it takes some time to display that boot.dat is missing..

I'll remove sd reader and look through it under microscope maybe i'll see some damage...

And when i get lucky and boot in to sx boot menu and select "Boot to OFW" i get just black screen ( system crashes iguess)

Is there any point to try solving the nand dumping issiue if i have booted to CFW once and lounched Album folder? I didnt see it coming when placed License file in sd and it boot straight to CFW...

Sorry for my message all over the place, i'm just lost and new to switch hacking. :/

Last edited by Mr_Twii, Sep 29, 2020
  17. nickskaven

nickskaven Newbie
    Newcomer

Mexico
    Is it currently possible to run Android on a Mariko? At the end of the post you put "Run Android" ... so its possible? : O

18. Bunchi

Bunchi Newbie
    Newcomer

Spain
    Hello and thanks for the support. As a owner of a switch with SX OS version 3.0.4 I was wondering refering to make a Nand backup can I do it even if my micro SD have already Xci files inside and homebrew as long as I have around 35 GB of free space? Or is mandatory to have the micro SD clear?

Regards

19. dim82gr

dim82gr Newbie
    Newcomer

Greece
    Making a nand backup,how much time is normal to complete the process?
    Three hours later is 15%
    I suspected that the sd card was the problem.Was a cheap samsung EVO but nope....The old card was class 3, 100MB/s read 60MB/s write so i got an other class 10, 160MB/s and is almost the same
    With that speed i am calculating over 15 hours to finish!

20. newbeginning

newbeginning Newbie
    Newcomer

Austria
    Not normal! A NAND Backup takes round about 1-2hours.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - install, newbies, Mariko