Hacking Discussion SX Core Mariko list of non-compatible tools

kraziebone

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Installed SX Core on switch starting with serial XKW5002. Clearing serial with incognito.nro causes it to hang at switch logo every time (emunand)

Update: I've installed sx core on a number of switch consoles. From my experience, every console with a XKW5002 or XKW5003 serial number has issues with incognito where it freezes the emunand boot at the nintendo logo. Every unit with a serial number prior to XKW5002 has installed incognito without issue

Last edited by kraziebone,
Reactions: HenryMin

mattyxarope

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fwiw, I used incognito.nro on a Lite with my emunand and it's working fine.

I use Stealth mode + 90DNS + Incognito.

Overkill, but at least I won't be banned lol.

Also, Fizeau doesn't work with SX.

Last edited by mattyxarope,

MomZo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
According to TX forum Admins, Stealth mode is "more than enough" to prevent any ban from Nintendo, but I don't know what this is worth.

It would be interesting to have some feedback from Switch users who only use Stealth mode for months and have their Switch still not banned, to confirm Stealth mode is really efficient enough to avoid using Incognito, 90DNS...

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to TX forum Admins, Stealth mode is "more than enough" to prevent any ban from Nintendo, but I don't know what this is worth.

It would be interesting to have some feedback from Switch users who only use Stealth mode for months and have their Switch still not banned, to confirm Stealth mode is really efficient enough to avoid using Incognito, 90DNS...

I would trust 90dns the least now a days unless you set it up on your own machine. They're probably just too overloaded. You can use their own self tools and often see servers that have failed to be blocked. Plus you need to always remember to set it up on every connection.

As for SX Stealth, yes, right now it works perfectly. But it only takes one update for there to be a bug where it doesn't work. The thing is, if you do update you should disable incognito before you update anyways. So if there is a bug, you'll be briefly exposed anyways. I know the blocking is more than just blocking servers. You can't even open the eshop when sx stealth is enabled. It doesn't even try to open.

The best bet is to just wait a week after a new sx os version comes out and see if there's reports of sx stealth failing. The only issue with that is that there's a lot of Switch's out there that aren't even set up properly with sys/emunand. So it's sometimes hard to determine when a ban is just caused by user ignorance, or if there's a real issue. But if there's any major bugs, it should be publicly reported very quickly.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Last edited by hartleyshc,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Why should you disable Incognito before updating your CFW? What would happen if you don't?
First time I read this assertion. :wink:
It shouldn't matter really, but I don't know actually for sure. Reason I use the Atmosphere way now days :P

Gobracket

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Em, i think mine is v1 patch.
I went to lockpick rcm payload thread, and they said sx core cant use rcm..

Any idea how to inject the rcm payload directly with sx core?

HenryMin

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Em, i think mine is v1 patch.
I went to lockpick rcm payload thread, and they said sx core cant use rcm..

Any idea how to inject the rcm payload directly with sx core?

I see. You can inject payload from sx bootmenu or heakte if you are using Erista.

XD2020

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’ve only had the switch since v2 was the new console option Looking forward to seeing atmosphere running sometime on mariko, might give it a try.

Rbugs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
anyone knows if its possible to run linux on SX core mariko switch? Can't find anything about it, no recent payloads aswell

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone knows if its possible to run linux on SX core mariko switch? Can't find anything about it, no recent payloads aswell
Nope. Nothing works on Mariko currently. Only V1 Erista units.

I've read one post that switchroot won't support Mariko, but I haven't seen any official statement about that. Not on their git, twitter, or any place else.

I'm assuming once one group adds Mariko support (looks like atmosphere will be the first just from changelogs) I think other groups and devs will add support since it's all open source.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...