SX Core flashing green after HWFly Firmware

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bumping an old thread for Google visibility.
In my case at least hwfly firmware 0.7.2 works perfectly with my Erista unit with original sx core.

This system has had issues for years at this point. The glitching was very spotty with spacecraft 0.1 and that seemed to be the only firmware that even worked half way reliably with the Erista/sxcore combo.

I've done some testing with this firmware and it seems to work the same as my mariko models. Glitching is fast and it actually attempts to glitch every boot instead of with weird power levels on the spacecraft 0.1.

https://github.com/hwfly-nx/firmware/releases

*adding file incase the github files ever go away. Best to get them from the source.

Attachments

• release_072.zip
    213.5 KB · Views: 32

rewen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Success!

HWfly on my Switch OLED was getting stuck in a flashing green state (purple flashes, then solid green, then flashing green). I tried flashing 0.7.2 to no effect but flashing 0.2.0 did the trick and it re-trained then booted right up. I was able to flash 0,7.2 back on and it re-trained and works now as well too for some reason.

Maybe there's a way to simply reset the chip or something when it's stuck in this state.. either way flashing 0.2.0 then back to 0.7.2 worked for me.

Reactions: FlameSlap

FlameSlap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a mariko with an sx core chip and even version hwfly 0.7.2 doesnt work for me, first blue than green forever, just reflashed spacecraft version 0.2.0 and it works fine again :/

https://github.com/Spacecraft-NX/firmware/releases
Hi bud I also have a mariko unit with an original sx core modchip installed. I am trying to flash it using this guide:

https://www.sthetix.info/updating-the-chip-using-a-special-toolbox/

But when I get to the section where I need to hold vol + during boot up, the modchip will pulsate blue for a very long period of time and then, it will just revert back to working like normal.

And I cannot get the modchip to stay in awake mode to continue with the flash process.

I see you mentioned that you were successful in flashing your mariko unit.

Could you help me out and give me some pointers?

Thanks!

DPyro

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For what purpose are you trying to use spacecraft-nx on sx core? Never had an issue with original firmware even on latest emunand.

FlameSlap

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For what purpose are you trying to use spacecraft-nx on sx core? Never had an issue with original firmware even on latest emunand.
Mostly for the learning aspect. I also want to see if there are any benefits to updating the firmware as well after trying it out for myself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn