SX Core flashing green after HWFly Firmware

Nevoness

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Heya!

I just flashed the HWFly firmware onto my SX Core (Patched V1 Switch). Was working fine except for rather long glitch times with the SX Core 1.3 FW.
Now i have the issue that it doesn't boot, first a solid purple, then solid green after that only flashing (well fading in/out) green, almost as if its waiting for input from the toolbox according to the light sheet.
Ofc no screen output, only a blackscreen.
I would attach a youtube video of the boot, but sadly cant yet.

So far i tried multiple versions of HWFly, but to no avail. Always the same issue. Switch boots fine without the modchip CPU line hooked up.
Also tried to remove the battery connector for a while and then boot, sadly no change.

I also tried flashing Spacecraft 0.1 which boots fine to the NO SD screen!

Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks in advance,
Nevoness

Quick Edit:
Just tried reflashing Spacecraft 0.1 and it glitches/launches my Hekate payload and Atmosphere almost instantly!
Would still like to upgrade to HWFly tho, for the other features.

Last edited by Nevoness,

Ibro677

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
So far i tried multiple versions of HWFly, but to no avail. Always the same issue. Switch boots fine without the modchip CPU line hooked up.
Also tried to remove the battery connector for a while and then boot, sadly no change.

Thanks in advance,
Nevoness

Quick Edit:
Just tried reflashing Spacecraft 0.1 and it glitches/launches my Hekate payload and Atmosphere almost instantly!
i have the same problem

Ibro677

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Heya!

I just flashed the HWFly firmware onto my SX Core (Patched V1 Switch). Was working fine except for rather long glitch times with the SX Core 1.3 FW.
Now i have the issue that it doesn't boot, first a solid purple, then solid green after that only flashing (well fading in/out) green, almost as if its waiting for input from the toolbox according to the light sheet.
Ofc no screen output, only a blackscreen.
I would attach a youtube video of the boot, but sadly cant yet.

Thanks in advance,
Nevoness

Quick Edit:
did you find any solution ?

Mirivedan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
i have the same pb here whith a v2 and hwfly 0.71. Boots solid green then goes flashing green endlessly.
No solution for the moment.

Otakon273

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus

i have the same problem
One more here!
SX CORE chip, V1 patched Switch.
Work correctly only on Spacecrafrt 0.1.0. Tried 0.3.0, HWFLY-NX 0.6.2/0.7.0/0.7.1, and nothing work. 0.3.0 solid green, 0.6.2 and higher - slowly flashin green light after orange.
Only one thing I can update, this is 0.6.2 from sd card, not from usb.
At first 0.1.0 was enough for me, but i bought 256gb, and there is NO SD message every time. But if I load Hekate from old flash and swipe sd cards without shutdown console, everything works well until next turn off.
Tried more than ten 256gb cards, and nothing works.
And other firmware not work too.

Only thing thai I obtain through this repeatable flashing is damaged contacts on chip and incorrect start now.

At russian-language forums sometimes people says that only 0.1.0 works and sometimes console not start from first turn on, is a base future of v1 Switch )

digui

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
One more here!
SX CORE chip, V1 patched Switch.
Work correctly only on Spacecrafrt 0.1.0. Tried 0.3.0, HWFLY-NX 0.6.2/0.7.0/0.7.1, and nothing work. 0.3.0 solid green, 0.6.2 and higher - slowly flashin green light after orange.
Only one thing I can update, this is 0.6.2 from sd card, not from usb.
At first 0.1.0 was enough for me, but i bought 256gb, and there is NO SD message every time. But if I load Hekate from old flash and swipe sd cards without shutdown console, everything works well until next turn off.
Tried more than ten 256gb cards, and nothing works.
And other firmware not work too.

Only thing thai I obtain through this repeatable flashing is damaged contacts on chip and incorrect start now.

At russian-language forums sometimes people says that only 0.1.0 works and sometimes console not start from first turn on, is a base future of v1 Switch )
Hey, i don't understand, have you successful updated to 0.6.2 via hwfly toolbox through sdcard? Have you tried?

digui

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, i tried to update the chip through hwfly toolbox and it's doesn't work as well, tried 0.3, 0.62 and 0.7, none of these firmwares works, the only one that works with patched v1 is spacecraft 0.1

Reactions: Otakon273

RotatoR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just flashed a core in a mariko from sx to 0.7.1 and get the pulsing green light. Anyone ever figure this out?

RotatoR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm that only spacecraft 1.0 seems to work. I am not sure why I cant get any hwfly-nx firmwares to work. Is there truly no workaround for this issue?

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any reason you need to flash hwfly? I worked on a patched v1 console earlier with sx core chip and it also won't boot with spacecraft firmware. I ended up restoring the original sx 1.3 firmware and placed boot.dat, boot.ini and license.dat in sd card. You need to use boot.dat from sx gear instead of sx os. Also you need to put atmoshere, hekate, sigpatches and your hekate_ipl.ini, obviously.

In boot.ini write

[payload]
file=[hekate payload in sd root directory].bin

Put the sd card back and boot up, it should go directly into hekate payload. Repartition sd card and create emunand as usual, then you are good to go.

I think some of you are following some old guide that tells you to go to options - sx core - clean up and then boot hekate or fusee bin file from payload section, which causes long blue light glitching time.

Also I think I saw some guide that recommends to boot with package3 instead of fusee.bin on patched v1 units, can't find the source now but if you have issues booting with fusee try to boot with package3, it works for me.

As for sd card size, 512gb definitely works on original sx 1.3 firmware. Some posts said 1tb also works, but didn't verify myself.

Guess this is it, there aren't many patched v1 consoles with sx core to begin with, maybe that's why spacecraft devs never bother to fix the bug, or they aren't even aware of it.

RotatoR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guess this is it, there aren't many patched v1 consoles with sx core to begin with, maybe that's why spacecraft devs never bother to fix the bug, or they aren't even aware of it.
Mine is a V2. It never even attempts to train even after puttying in and resetting it. Seems odd only original spacecraft or sx is able to work.

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still for original sx chips I don't see why you should update them to spacecraft. Original sx 1.3 firmware is already very stable and has great sd card support. If you can only run spacecraft 0.1 on it you might as well restore original sx firmware.

RotatoR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still for original sx chips I don't see why you should update them to spacecraft. Original sx 1.3 firmware is already very stable and has great sd card support. If you can only run spacecraft 0.1 on it you might as well restore original sx firmware.
I agree, If I can't get this figured out I will restore the sx firmware as opposed to running spacecraft. It still bothers me that none of the hwfly-nx firmwares work.

RotatoR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a simple way to flash og sx 1.3 firmware back to the chip since the official updater no longer recognizes the chip?

Nevoness

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Sadly i didnt find a workaround. I just ended up using spacecraft.

Sorry that i didnt reply to the thread, it kinda went under my radar under a lot of other stress ;)

RotatoR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah. I flashed spacecraft as well and updated to spacecraft-nx mod .30. Strange that spacecraft mod wouldn't work if flashed usb. Had to flash spacecraft 1.0 then drop firmware on sd and update that way. Anyways, it works so I guess it's done for now. Must be fundamental differences between clone chips and og sx chips.

ironman

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Came the same way. Patched Erista with original SX Core.

My Spacecraft-NX v0.2.0 couldn't boot latest hekate 5.9.0 payload, hence I tried hwfly-nx v0.7.1 bootloader & firmware via USB flash.
Stuck with green pulsing though, and no usable serial connection possible to the chip (blue pulsing mode) too.

Accidentally found Spacecraft-NX-MOD v3 and successfully flashed via USB and got the old SX chip booting latest hekate 5.9.0.
Sadly no newer hwfly-nx firmware possible as it seams.

xlaw888

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Came the same way. Patched Erista with original SX Core.

My Spacecraft-NX v0.2.0 couldn't boot latest hekate 5.9.0 payload, hence I tried hwfly-nx v0.7.1 bootloader & firmware via USB flash.
Stuck with green pulsing though, and no usable serial connection possible to the chip (blue pulsing mode) too.

Accidentally found Spacecraft-NX-MOD v3 and successfully flashed via USB and got the old SX chip booting latest hekate 5.9.0.
Sadly no newer hwfly-nx firmware possible as it seams.
Can u send this mod v3? I can download because the gihub is closed..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: