Hacking Sx Core and Sx Lite , test Units Received

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Just a heads up, if an unknown person suddenly ask for a PM to a link to a chip that is out of production. I wouldn't send them anything if you don't want to talk with some lawyers in the worst case.

Danook28

Trophies
XP
Country
Oman
This reply

Attachments

• Screenshot_٢٠٢١١٠٣١_١٥٣٤٤٠_com.google.android.youtube.png
    Screenshot_٢٠٢١١٠٣١_١٥٣٤٤٠_com.google.android.youtube.png
    40.6 KB · Views: 134

Ask_Al

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Got myself an sx lite, soldered it and nothing was powering on on the chip board. The switch boot normally.

I contacted the seller and he told me to recheck all my solders.

Everything was fine but it did not worked so I decided to remove everything, clean everything and resolder again ! And test every contact to be sure that i don't have bad cables.

Still nothing. But one last solder that ive left alone since the beginning and it was the one on the bottom capacitor.

So ive decided to remove the pad and resolder it BUT, I screwed... I ripped the connector in half while doing it...

Is there any way to bypass this connector with wires and weld it directly on the sx lite board ?

And is this connector only used to access the sdcard or does it also powers the sx board ? Maybe it had a weakness since the beginning and this is why i never got any led on the board.

Here's some pictures.

Attachments

• FEF0E595-9D4B-4DB0-94DD-AA02568A9806.jpeg
    FEF0E595-9D4B-4DB0-94DD-AA02568A9806.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 73
  • 1AD0ADFF-4366-4431-BADC-A22A0D70B142.jpeg
    1AD0ADFF-4366-4431-BADC-A22A0D70B142.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 79

doom95

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Can you get better pictures? Not much too see here.
You can definitely bypass the connector and solder thin wires instead, but destroying the connector it might be a good first indicator that it's time to hand the job over. Not something anyone likes to hear, obviously, but at this point the risk starts to increase.

de9ed

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Got myself an sx lite, soldered it and nothing was powering on on the chip board. The switch boot normally.

I contacted the seller and he told me to recheck all my solders.

Everything was fine but it did not worked so I decided to remove everything, clean everything and resolder again ! And test every contact to be sure that i don't have bad cables.

Still nothing. But one last solder that ive left alone since the beginning and it was the one on the bottom capacitor.

So ive decided to remove the pad and resolder it BUT, I screwed... I ripped the connector in half while doing it...

Is there any way to bypass this connector with wires and weld it directly on the sx lite board ?

And is this connector only used to access the sdcard or does it also powers the sx board ? Maybe it had a weakness since the beginning and this is why i never got any led on the board.

Here's some pictures.

you can run a jumper wire to the modchip, one side is 3.3v and the other side is ground.

Ask_Al

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you can run a jumper wire to the modchip, one side is 3.3v and the other side is ground.
do you know where the pins are on the sx lite board ? Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol