Hacking Sx Core and Sx Lite , test Units Received

jophilo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Received my sx core yesterday :).
I'm gonna try the install this weekend, wish me luck :yay:.
The last vidéo shared is really good. Best i've seen so far.

Reactions: NazD

Rookplus

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
You can skip the fat32 requirement if you’ve put in an exfat microsd card in ofw. That would have prompted you to update to support exfat . Then sx will support it too. But you need to have downloaded the update first. Still might be possible if you boot ofw through sx menu and update. If it can read without updating then it’s been done already
As per my understanding if your switch is in a lower firmware. Its better to use the exfat memory card then proceed updating to 10.0.4, on the other hand if the unit is in 10.0.4 already there is no way to use the exfat memory card. So we are stuck using fatt32 I guess, and if we succeasfully booted sx core boot.dat then backed up our nand we can proceed now to cfw. By then can we use exfats already? Im very new to SX operating system, so I reallt have so many questions lingering in my mind. Been with atmos since the start.

Last edited by Rookplus,

mk0155

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bahamas, The
Received my sx core yesterday :).
I'm gonna try the install this weekend, wish me luck :yay:.
The last vidéo shared is really good. Best i've seen so far.
https://sthetix.info/news/nintendo-switch/installing-the-sx-core-mod-kit-full-guide-uncensored
I applied flux paste with a needle to all the solder points including caps then tinned all solder points except the anchors.

Then positioned the ribbon with double sided sticky tape, this also keeps the ribbon flat and stuck down close to the caps.

Added tiny amounts of solder to the solder points several times by adding small amounts of solder to the solder tip and then touching it to the joint allowing it to reflow to the pretinned contact on the ribbon and dragging over to the cap.

Add more flux paste each time. Apply small amounts with a needle, if you add too much you can't see whats going on.

Let the solder point cool in between additions in order to avoid damaging the caps.
It's hard to wrong if you do it this way. People seem to get themselves in trouble by adding too much solder at once.

Solder the pads last to secure in position

Test by connecting the rest of modchip accessories and turning on. There is no need to attach the heatsink as the device will only be on for 10-15 seconds.

If it hasn't worked add more solder and retest.

Last edited by mk0155,
Reactions: jophilo

JoeBloggs777

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i heard corruption only occurs if you interrupt file transfer in homebrew.

fat32 is such a hassle because you need to split backups in order to work.

exfat is so much easier, put files on card, plug and play. Just follow these rules for exfat
1) always unmount or eject sd card before taking out of computer
2) Never interrupt a file transfer in homebrew like gold leaf

I’ve done it this way and never had it corrupted

There is a increase in the risk of corrupting data using exfat, for the last 2 years I've only ever used exfat and my 400gb sd card became corrupted only once and that might have had nothing to do with exfat.

For me the advantages of exfat out-way the risks, but then I don't use Homebrew.

Reactions: Deleted User

The8Darkness

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As long as you dont play any games you can pretty much do everything you need without a heatsink and the chip will still not get hot - in the end its just a tablet chip anyway.

Also I had half my game library corrupted within a year using exfat on a 512gb sd without using homebrew - just using it like once a week to play a few games - maybe because the battery ran out a couple times.

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As long as you dont play any games you can pretty much do everything you need without a heatsink and the chip will still not get hot - in the end its just a tablet chip anyway.

Also I had half my game library corrupted within a year using exfat on a 512gb sd without using homebrew - just using it like once a week to play a few games - maybe because the battery ran out a couple times.
Well using the menu in album also counts.

D

Deleted User

New Lite Install:
tYkWC7T.jpg

avbtPse.jpg

Last edited by ,

The8Darkness

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I had the games installed as nsp, didnt use the album, just played games.
Exfat driver is just crap, there are more than enough people who dont have any cfw, having their games corrupted in ofw.
So far I am using FAT32 the last 2 months without issues.

Best explanation I found:
"The bug is in Nintendo's exfat driver. It constantly changes folders/files even on reads. And because it never syncs properly, on a hang/force quit/force reboot/power off, the handles are lost and the files/folders become missing from the file allocation table. Because exFAT does not have a 2nd FAT like fat32, these file/folders cannot be recovered."

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1