1. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Sweden
    Yepp! It the same with Incognito. It's not known to be 100% safe either. So it's always a gamble.

2. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

Sorry I'm late.
    I gave my switch to friend for un-install sx core yesterday night, so I don't have photos and switch now, but I can see what is different with yours... The soldering in mine is more dirty... maybe he fail at first and try more times:rofl:
    Thanks for all you help!

I actually try you advice yesterday but it's not work. I never see the sad 'boot.dat?' face even there's no sd-card and photo app is same as original firmwares.
    The core is fine but there is an install problem i supposed...

I decided remove sx core and just buy second hands un-patched switch...
    But all advices are helpful. Thank you guys:)

3. Artwebb

Artwebb Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Wouldn't it have made more sense to send it off to get it done properly than buy a totally new switch ?

4. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

You’re right. But this failed experience make me anxious about modchip.....
    I don’t have any knowledge with soldering or modchip process and I can do anything If there is something wrong. just like yesterday.
    Also I worried about I choose wrong installer again. So I think buy new one is more safe and easy to me....

Last edited Jun 30, 2020
    ChronoTrig likes this.
  5. jophilo

jophilo Member
    Newcomer

France
    Mine is still stuck at some airport... awaiting customs clearance since a week :cry:

6. dreamtheft

dreamtheft Newbie
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    Anyone got their SX Core from Ali? I hope to get mine this week, but I don't know if the SX OS key is included..

7. Theorem

Theorem Member
    Newcomer

Slovenia
    So according to picture you leave USB debug port out of installation ? You leave it laying under your desk or you return this to customer (for whatewer reason) ?

ModderFokker619 likes this.
  8. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    nintendo must be holding it hostage :creep:

9. ModderFokker619

ModderFokker619 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Whatever the customer wants.

10. Artwebb

Artwebb Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    Or you could have messaged the guy posting pictures of his installs and even offering installs as well to fix it for a fraction of the price of buying a new one and not using the mod you already paid for.

11. caldeio

caldeio Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Got my v2 switch today and got it all setup and transferred. Also ordered supershieldz screen protectors and a 512gb extreme sd card which will be here tomorrow!

The joycons are super tight fitting! My v1, it's very sloppy, even after adding a piece of electrical tape on both sides lol

12. squee666

squee666 Trusted SX Core/Lite Installer

United Kingdom
    new update out also helps resolve bricked switchs from using choij
    *SX OS v3.0.3 Beta and SX Core/Lite Flasher Application Announcement*

We are back with a minor (yet important!) update for SX OS, as well as an PC utility for updating your SX Core/Lite firmware over USB. The latter is required for people who ran tools that were not designed for their Switch console. One example is the popular `Choi Du Jour NX`, which people use to upgrade/downgrade their firmware. This tool was designed for classic erista/rcm consoles, and as such is dangerous to use on mariko consoles.

*That said, lets have a look at the official changelog:*

- *SX Core/Lite firmware v1.3*
    SX Core/Lite users will be prompted to install a firmware update upon first launch of SX OS 3.0.3. This is a mandatory update that improves the stability of SX Core/Lite. It also adds hardening against accidental bricks that were caused by running tools designed for Erista/RCM consoles on. People who are unable to run SX OS v3.0.3 because they bricked their consoles are advised to run the standalone USB updater application.

- *New functionality added to SX Core menu*
    The SX Core menu in the SX OS boot menu has been enriched with some new functionality for advanced users:
    -- *Cleanup:* Will remove any trace of SX Core/Lite on your NAND.
    -- *Genuine Boot:* Boot straight into original firmware without going through the typical SX OS bootchain. This is *different* from using the regular boot original firmware functionality, for example you won't be protected from getting your fuses burnt. Only use when you know what you are doing!

- *Minor stability improvements*
    You know the drill! Under the hood we're always changing things, to increase both stability and performance of your beloved SX OS.

Both SX OS 3.0.3 as well as the `SX Flasher` application (Currently only for Windows, if there is enough demand we will consider releasing ports for OSX and Linux)

That's it for today. Stay tuned for more news!

—< Team Xecuter - Pushing the limits of every Switch in 2020 and beyond ! >—

Last edited by squee666, Jun 30, 2020
  13. weatMod

weatMod GBAtemp Addict

United States
    IT'S MOVING!

of course the tracking don't make no god damn sense at all though ,

[​IMG]

Jun 29th says it was "picked up by a shipping partner at 3:35 PM in Jamaica NY"

then it says "Jun 30th assigned destination country post tracking number"

wait i thought it was already in the destination country on the 29th and shipped out from NY , now its back in China on the 30th?

or is that it was handed off to the USPS on the 30th and that number is the USPS tracking number?
    but 45 days from NY to Boston? makes no sense at all would make sense if was China to Boston via Yan never

EDIT: hmm seems the number is a legit USPS tracking number says it has been handed off to USPS already so i expect by the end of the week

Last edited by weatMod, Jun 30, 2020
  14. Redasx

Redasx Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks for the fresh news....so if we want to update the SX Core we need to reopen the switch or is there an easy way.....please advise....thank you.

15. Deathscythe0083

Newcomer

United States
    I'll be jumping on the trinket mod once I find someone who can do it. Seems like few and far between at the moment...

ModderFokker619 likes this.
  16. matias3ds

OP matias3ds GBAtemp Addict

Argentina
    Just update as usual

ChronoTrig likes this.
  17. Redasx

Redasx Member
    Newcomer

United States
    You mean updating the chip through the SXOS only .....according to the TX we can’t go 3.o.3 firmware before updating the SX Core.......am I wrong??????

18. squee666

squee666 Trusted SX Core/Lite Installer

United Kingdom
    yeah update like usual
    unless you like me and sx website is blocked in UK
    then download the files manually and transfer it via ftp

updating firmware means when you copy boot.dat over and reboot the modchip says it has an update pending
    just update

Last edited by squee666, Jun 30, 2020
  19. Redasx

Redasx Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks...sorry I couldn’t get it...can you explain it in an easy way please...I am noobie...and thanks

matias3ds likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Received, Units,