United Kingdom
Reactions: weatMod

Litvinkov

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
I just had a paranoid thought - the chips that are bought from aliexpress, still come with sx os license right? They're not gonna be banned by tx?

Also, can someone else confirm about the bulge that you get in the back of the console after installing the chip? (Someone here mentioned it) That can't be the intended look. If you install it correctly, will there still be a bulge?

D

Deleted User

I just had a paranoid thought - the chips that are bought from aliexpress, still come with sx os license right? They're not gonna be banned by tx?

Also, can someone else confirm about the bulge that you get in the back of the console after installing the chip? (Someone here mentioned it) That can't be the intended look. If you install it correctly, will there still be a bulge?

I have this same question about the bulge. The guy from this video tried something different (11 minutes mark):

I could do that if that helps with the bulge (if there's any, of course).

Nerdtendo

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I don't see why they would ban like licenses for chips sold on AliExpress.

As for the second question, I've watched some installs and I can't see why it would buldge if installed correctly. Maybe someone piled up the solder too much on their anchor points or used an excess amount of thermal paste in reassembly.

Has anyone tried the install with gel flux? I don't have any liquid flux on me right now.

Artwebb

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have this same question about the bulge. The guy from this video tried something different (11 minutes mark):

That guy drives me nuts. Doing all that with the damn paste globed on his finger.

Now the warranty is Completely VOID hehehehe

No more void than taking everything else out and putting a modchip in it.

WierdBob

Trophies
XP
Country
France

It says in the manual that you have to cut the metal shield (they call it the nvidia shield :creep:). I thought it was a small cut to slip the ribbon but what this guy cuts could be what is expected to make room for the whole modchip+nand.

I'm on firmware 9.2, I never configured the wifi. Should I update before adding the chip of wait and do it offline with choi?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    they be like which lite firefox exe pls
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wut.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    GM all
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    butt
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    douche
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Touché.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Push it :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Psi has been banned in the state of California.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I am the cancer!!! lol
    Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
    Now to spend 6 months deleting all the garbage lol
    Mame should be two sets one for preservation of everything and one set for people who just want to play and enjoy the old old ganes
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Mame should be two sets one for preservation of everything and one set for people who just want...