Hacking Sx Core and Sx Lite , test Units Received

MrSandstorm

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I agree. It is fair that they assign the job on a first-come-first-serve basis. But they also need to evaluate the quality of the work that has been done and hire the following person in line if the result is not up to proper standards. In this case, the Spanish translation was not only lacking, it was even dangerous.

Fortunately, they reviewed it and admitted that since they don't speak all languages, checking them is impossible until they are uploaded and seen by the community.
IMHO this is the right attitude. They are humble enough to acknowledge the room for improvement and provide the users with the best manuals they can get.

Honestly, I wouldn't be mad if someone came after me and did a better job. I'm not a sore loser and it would be for the sake of the entire community.

I encourage you to check the documents available in your language, and if you see that they are really bad, just offer TX your help politely, with examples of how you could do a better job at it.

They are good guys and they care, really.

p.s. In case it didn't come across clearly: Yes, I got the job in the end.

Is the translation currently available the old, bad one or the new one? Because I just had a look (18h25) and while I'm definitely not fluent in Spanish, I can read it well enough to tell it has a few issues, but nothing so bad as to be potentially dangerous. If it's already the new one, then they didn't change the version number on the PDF's filename.

BTW, I'm not saying it should be left as it is. if there are issues, of course they should be fixed.

PS: Someone please warn the translator that those are capacitors and not resistors. Yeah, it's irrelevant, but OCD is a thing.

Last edited by MrSandstorm,

Diskun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Is the translation currently available the old, bad one or the new one? Because I just had a look (18h25) and while I'm definitely not fluent in Spanish, I can read it well enough to tell it has a few issues, but nothing so bad as to be potentially dangerous. If it's already the new one, then they didn't change the version number on the PDF's filename.

PS: Someone please warn the translator that those are capacitors and not resistors. Yeah, it's irrelevant, but OCD is a thing.
AFAIK they haven't uploaded the new ones yet. Yes, in my version they are capacitors -as they should be- and advises to use thermal paste instead of the thermal glue in the original translation. Imagine someone applies thermal glue on a Switch and has to redo a solder later. Bad times.
Since I also feel the OCD strongly, I added the missing links to TX's site in the documents. The URLs were not clickable before.

These are the new manuals: Core, Lite. Please notice they might still be subject to change by TX.

Last edited by Diskun,
Reactions: MrSandstorm

MrSandstorm

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
AFAIK they haven't uploaded the new ones yet. Yes, in my version they are capacitors -as they should be- and advises to use thermal paste instead of the thermal glue in the original translation. Imagine someone applies thermal glue on a Switch and has to redo a solder later. Bad times.
Since I also feel the OCD strongly, I added the missing links to TX site to the documents.

These are the new manuals: Core, Lite. Please notice they might still be subject to change by TX.
They might have uploaded a partially fixed one before yours, then, as I've only seen mentions to "pasta térmica" and a misspelled "pasa térmica" under the Requisitos section in the beginning. Again, I'm not fluent, so how would thermal glue be in Spanish? Pega térmica?

And thank you for fixing the capacitor thing. My OCD was screaming here after reading that on an installation manual.

Reactions: Diskun

Diskun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
They might have uploaded a partially fixed one before yours, then, as I've only seen mentions to "pasta térmica" and a misspelled "pasa térmica" under the Requisitos section in the beginning. Again, I'm not fluent, so how would thermal glue be in Spanish? Pega térmica?

And thank you for fixing the capacitor thing. My OCD was screaming here after reading that on an installation manual.
You are welcome! Maybe they did upload a slightly fixed one. I'm pretty sure they read these forums :)

I remember now, the original said "adhesivo térmico". But that doesn't really make a difference.

Paste (noun) in Spanish is Pegamento or Adhesivo. But Thermal Paste is not Adhesivo Térmico, it's Pasta (or masilla) Térmica. Why? Context. Whoever did the previous translation probably wasn't technical enough or didn't speak Spanish well enough to tell one from the other.

Last edited by Diskun,

omega59

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Will anyone in Canada who can install this for a price when available. I hope someone who is legit and not going to robb me hehe.

Astur_torque

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Since I also feel the OCD strongly, I added the missing links to TX's site in the documents. The URLs were not clickable before.

Joder, this is much better!! my godness

MrSandstorm

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You are welcome! Maybe they did upload a slightly fixed one. I'm pretty sure they read these forums :)

I remember now, the original said "adhesivo térmico". But that doesn't really make a difference.

Paste (noun) in Spanish is Pegamento or Adhesivo. But Thermal Paste is not Adhesivo Térmico, it's Pasta (or masilla) Térmica. Why? Context. Whoever did the previous translation probably wasn't technical enough or didn't speak Spanish well enough to tell one from the other.

Oh, I see. Thanks for the clarification. We actually have a similar problem in Portuguese, with one word having multiple meanings depending on the context. "Pasta", for example, can mean paste, as in thermal paste, but also folder. "Ponto" can mean a dot, points like in a game, stitches, a bus stop or one specific location and/or moment in time. I honestly believe someone must have pulled that one out of their a**es.

The only thing I noticed in the PT translation, though, were minor regionalisms, not mistakes. So I guess that one worked out well.

Astur_torque

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Oh, I see. Thanks for the clarification. We actually have a similar problem in Portuguese, with one word having multiple meanings depending on the context. "Pasta", for example, can mean paste, as in thermal paste, but also folder. "Ponto" can mean a dot, points like in a game, stitches, a bus stop or one specific location and/or moment in time. I honestly believe someone must have pulled that one out of their a**es.

The only thing I noticed in the PT translation, though, were minor regionalisms, not mistakes. So I guess that one worked out well.

That happens in all the languages, in spanish pasta can be the wheat made food, can be a compound, can be money...

rrocha

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

It will also greatly depend if it is Portuguese or Brazilian Portuguese as they can differ quite a lot and any translation that would have leaned too heavily on each of those variants, would have made it cringy to the other Portuguese speaking group. Current translation looks inclusive enough for both.

MrSandstorm

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It will also greatly depend if it is Portuguese or Brazilian Portuguese as they can differ quite a lot and any translation that would have leaned too heavily on each of those variants, would have made it cringy to the other Portuguese speaking group. Current translation looks inclusive enough for both.
True, though in our case I think the language differs more when spoken than when written. In this specific matter the only things I noticed were the use of C before Ç in "Protecção", "Desaparafusar" with an A after Des- and "Massa térmica" for thermal paste (I've only ever known it as "Pasta térmica"), so very minor things that are not a problem at all. It's just as you said, the translation looks good for Portuguese speakers in general.

EDIT: Oh, I hadn't noticed the user name on the PDF notes in the translation. Thanks for your work, it looks great!

Theelichtje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I still haven't had a refund from xecuter-sx, anyone else in the same boat? I've paid using Bitcoin, as that is the only way I could pay. They don't respond to my emails, anyone else have an idea?

H3ISENB3RG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I still haven't had a refund from xecuter-sx, anyone else in the same boat? I've paid using Bitcoin, as that is the only way I could pay. They don't respond to my emails, anyone else have an idea?
I'm also still waiting. Last time they answered was on June 2nd. They were saying my order has been refunded and it will take no longer than 5 Business days.....I will wait a few more days though and then I will contact my bank for a complaint.

Kryptic1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey - New to this forum but wanted to provide a comment and two question.
First, I have actually received my refund from xecuter-sx late last week so am guessing they are still going through the refund rounds but wanted to provide that update for others still waiting.
Now my questions. The more i read and watch videos on installation, the more i am getting concerned with may ability to do this level of install. How could i find out if there is someone in the Charlotte, NC or surrounding area who could perform an install for me?
Also, what other sellers are available who are selling the CORE or LITE kits? Feel like all of a sudden i don't see any vendors showing for sale so I am definitely missing something.

LilShah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Same. Still waiting for mine, although I paid with a card. Got the refund email more than 10 days ago.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey - New to this forum but wanted to provide a comment and two question.
First, I have actually received my refund from xecuter-sx late last week so am guessing they are still going through the refund rounds but wanted to provide that update for others still waiting.
Could you tell me what batch of pre-orders you were in?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    the vram is one advantage when it comes to AI but ends up being slower even with that and really AI is the only use case that needs more than 12gb vram right now
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Interesting lol
    I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the one case where the 7900XT and XTX pulled ahead (minus RTX of course)
    So my opinion is that they could age a bit better in the future, and maybe AMD will continue improving them via drivers like they tend to do. No guarantee there but they have done it in the past. Just a feeling I have.
    cyberpunk at 4k without DLSS/fidelityfx *might* exceed 12gb
    +1
    but that game barely runs at native 4k
    I think it was some newer games and probably poorly optimized PS4 or PS5 ports
    they definitely will age better but i feel dlss might outweigh that since it looks about as good as native resolution and much less demanding
    +1
    When I played Cyberpunk on my old 2080 Ti it sucked lol
    AMD could introduce something comparable to DLSS but nvidia's got a lot more experience with that
    least amd 7xxx has tensor cores which the previous generations didn't so there is the potential for AI upscaling
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to...