1. Xandroz

Xandroz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Egypt
    Will try to desolder it

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

It was a very thin line of smoke, yea hope its not

but its very weird it was working fine, then after resoldering, i belive i bridged and turned it on, something might have happened.

Is it still bridged or
    I see it fine but want your thought on it

Tested now and it booted ofw fine, phew close one :D
    Should i install the chip and try now

Attached Files:

Modificatorul likes this.
  2. Modificatorul

Modificatorul GBAtemp Regular

Romania
    My conclusion.i
    I will stop help you i'm afraid my advice will burn your house :)
    Last qsb picture looks good so, try again.

Last edited by Modificatorul, Aug 8, 2020
    Xandroz likes this.
  3. Xandroz

Egypt
    Hahaha nah thx man, its working now, no idea where the smoke came from honestly, but the crazy thing i belive the sp2 was briddged and caused this crazy thing
    Thanks alot for your help, works now
    Will close and further test

Attached Files:

s2m, masbass and Modificatorul like this.
  4. Modificatorul

Modificatorul GBAtemp Regular

Romania
    So use more flux, let dry the ipa, and make pictures and inspect before power on, if you dont have microscope, for the next 39 installs

You are welcome.

Last edited by Modificatorul, Aug 8, 2020
    Xandroz likes this.
  5. mike3041990

mike3041990 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Can’t wait to get mine back from @ModderFokker619
    I’ve done rgh installs on Xbox 360’s but didn’t want to attempt this install myself lol.

Deleted User, s2m and Modificatorul like this.
  6. Xandroz

Egypt
    Yea im getting one tommorow thats for sure

And im getting a proper thermal paste, as i got a junk tube for 10 bucks which seems german but looks like shit. And getting kapton tape as well

and will recheck everything again tommorow, as i belive its not a good install yet as it takes longer to glitch and freezes sometimes.
    Thanks mate, at least the console works for now

Last edited by Xandroz, Aug 8, 2020
    Modificatorul likes this.
  7. Confused3dsUser

Newcomer

United States
    Alright, installed my SX lite with a microscope a couple days ago. Everything went well, was able to get emunand running and try some homebrew. The only problem I'm having is, the switch won't turn on sometimes. Sometimes I have to press the power button a couple of times because it won't turn on the first time. I know it's not the button, because turning it off works everytime. Do the modchips tend to do this? I don't have a problem with it. But when I want to switch to ofw, it's a pain to hold the (vol +) button and the (pwr) button and have it not boot the first time.

8. mike3041990

mike3041990 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Try doin a hard reset first by holding the power button for 10+ seconds.

Deleted User and Confused3dsUser like this.
  9. hartleyshc

hartleyshc GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Read the battery drain threads. The length of time to glitch is greatly reduced because it's not fully powering off. Even when you go into the menu and power off the system.

Holding down the button until it shuts off will fully power off the system and it will be a much longer boot after you turn it on after that state.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

masbass, s2m, Modificatorul and 2 others like this.
  10. Confused3dsUser

Newcomer

United States
    Ok, figured out the problem :rofl2: thanks for the advice about fully powering it off and the battery thread. I figured out when you boot into the SX OS boot screen (where you can select boot ofw or emunand) if you power it off through there it acts like a fully shutdown. It'll take around 10-20 seconds to boot. But switching from emunand or ofw, it takes around 5-10. I didn't know the chip took time to glitch the system, similar to rgh on an Xbox. Appreciate it fellas.

hartleyshc, masbass and mike3041990 like this.
  11. GeForce555

GeForce555 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Not sure if this is the right place to ask but does anyone know whether or not Lineage OS/Android will work with the sx core and Sx Lite via hekate? I saw a video a couple days ago of someone claiming that it works w sx core but he wasn’t detailed about whether it was a Mariko unit or not so I was just curious if anyone here has tried.

12. airrich

airrich GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i'm in the same boat as you. i've done all my previous consoles, but i'm getting older and consoles are getting smaller. too nervous to do this myself.

13. squee666
    This message by squee666 has been removed from public view by shaunj66, Sep 7, 2020, Reason: At request of Nintendo.
    Aug 9, 2020
  14. hartleyshc

hartleyshc GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Technically, it works if you're V1 switch, patched or unpatched. Erista.

I've been guilty of it myself, but everyone forgets the patched Erista units. I don't blame them, it's a device you're kind of stuck with. If you get a patched unit, you at least want the power savings extended battery life of a Mariko device.

If you have a patched unit, you can use SX Core, and the load payload option, and load hekate along with whatever custome firmware. Android, Lakka, Ubuntu, etc.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

masbass and Modificatorul like this.
  15. mike3041990

mike3041990 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Doin RGH installs were nothing compared to how tiny these points are plus I’d be pissed if I ruined a $200+ console

Deleted User and Modificatorul like this.
  16. alfatreze

alfatreze Member
    Newcomer

Portugal
    removed due to double posting :wacko:

Last edited by alfatreze, Aug 9, 2020
  17. squee666
    This message by squee666 has been removed from public view by shaunj66, Sep 7, 2020, Reason: At request of Nintendo.
    Aug 9, 2020
  18. alfatreze

alfatreze Member
    Newcomer

Portugal
    HELP PLEASE!!!

I finally got mine in the mail from Alixpress and went head-in with the install. While I never soldered something this tiny, I was quite confident with having modded everything from a ps2 up.

It actually took me 2 tries, with the first pausing ate a solid red light. I wish there was a detailed list for error codes.
    Wnet in again after a couple of vids, recleaning, in case some thermal paste was keeping it from a good contact, and upped the amount of flux I was using. I had only used a tiny bit before when pre-tinning. I also upped my iron to 350, as I had read 325 was the minimum, and worked the tip a bit longer on each cap.
    This seemed to do the trick with a nice blue and rthen green light.

I can boot to the bootloader and I'm now going through the nand backup.

What I can't seem to do is boot to SXOS...
    I added: boot.dat and payload.bin to root, and did the license onlinw without issues. But the switch keeps going straight to original fw,
    I tried selecting the payload manually in the bootloader but froze at a black screen.

Strangely after any of these the modchip led shuts off, it's only on while in the bootloader.

Anyone has an Idea of what the issue might be?

@squee666 Hmm, didn't occur to me. I have a 512 a2 kingston card. Which I formatted in the switch and moved from my previous sandisk 128.

I didn't remember to check if its FAT32 or EXFAT, I kinda just assumed the best way to go is to let the switch handle it.

I'll wait for the nand backup to finish and try a clean one.

Also sorry for the doublle post as I thought the previous was lost with a snag on my login :P

19. alfatreze

alfatreze Member
    Newcomer

Portugal
    Hmm, maybe I'm just being a n00b, It seems it should show only when pressing the Album app. Seems I really haven't been paying close attention to it.
    Anyway, I'll also try out Atmosphére and Hekate. I saw some uncertainty in another thread, but I reckon they should work as well as in an rcm switch.
    Indeed a n00b, the album does get me into SXOS. Lets go for creating an emunand.
    @squee666 I saw a guide cutting of the heat shield to leave space for the modchip. Is this necessary??

I did leave the nvidia shield off, protected the soldering with kapton tape, and just put back the coppertube back in place. Still have to close it, but the USB does seem a bit bulky.

20. Xandroz

Egypt
    Post pictures of the install that will be much easier for them to point thr issue

Modificatorul and Deleted User like this.
  21. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    usb fits perfect between the ZL and aluminum shielding

Deleted User likes this.
  22. squee666
    Aug 9, 2020
  23. Polter

Polter Newbie
    Newcomer

Greece
    Hi! I'm on the same boat. I finished installing SX Lite, got the green light, the Boot.dat screen and went on reassembling everything. When I tried it again to go on with SX oS install etc, I got the green led, backlight on, but blank screen. Disassembled again, unplugged chip and my switch booted into OFW. The backlight is on, system sounds are OK (navigating through menus) but the screen remains blank. Unsoldered and cleaned up everything but got the same results.
    Any ideas?
    Here's a photo after the SX Lite was removed.
    20200809_193034.jpg

And a photo when the SX Lite flat cables were soldered on my Switch Lite.
    20200809_093420.jpg

Last edited by Polter, Aug 9, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Received, Units,