1. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

As a past Canadian installer, you guys are nuts. The shipping here alone kills any incentive to even want to bother doing it. We are talking like $25 + insurance each direction for Canada Post, which will then lose your parcel for a month at a time since the Pandemic hit, then good luck getting the TX Core/TX Lite in hand for less than $100 in a timeframe less than 3 months, then you have to consider what you are paying for installation.

People really don't understand the bs installers and electronic repair techs go through just to make what $30-40 bucks? It's not just things like this either, fuck me if you have someone wanting a repair on some obscure piece of audio equipment and they scoff at you wanting money to asses the problem and research the proper replacement components because it's 20 years old and then when you say $200 to fix their $15000 audio head which includes $120 in exotic parts they try weaseling you down like your time and research is worthless.

Anyone willing to do this properly for any reasonable price is honestly doing YOU a favour because they are wasting their time even bothering with this crap. Especially if it's someone that isn't local, and has to deal with shit like people sending them busted things they tried to do themselves and then blame the installer for breaking, all it would take is me having to replace 1 switch due to a false claim and I would need to do 10 installs to break even.

I hope I don't see anymore shit on here "calling people out" or whatever the fuck is going on, over prices etc.

Have some respect, not many of us nowadays are even willing to help strangers because there's too much risk involved.

BlueSkiez, ChronoTrig, s2m and 6 others like this.
  2. squee666

squee666 Trusted SX Core/Lite Installer

United Kingdom
    That's the thread

DBsss likes this.
  3. Helidwarf

Helidwarf Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    Tried to test the temperature of sx core on mariko, played around 3hrs of BoTW at max CPU, GPU and MEM clock, averaged about 40-42°C, system super stable and smooth performance.

Attached Files:

XD2020, DBsss, Alramir and 2 others like this.
  4. matias3ds

OP matias3ds GBAtemp Addict

Argentina
    I will wait until pandemic decrease , then i will buy a new or used lite with the mod chip alredy installed .

5. JethronicS

JethronicS Newbie
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    I dm'd you with my info on tx chat

Leverlock likes this.
  6. Astur_torque

Astur_torque GBAtemp Regular

Spain
    I made it without any experience and when you get started to solder it.. You realize how small these smd are.. I was soldering them without a microscope pananoidly because i didn't wanted to burn the caps... Finally everything went well and I wouldn't even say i made a fsntastic job (cold soldering)... But definitely this job is worth more than 40 and 50 euros... It's high risky and complex to repair (in my case my flex was a little bend and pretin not really well applied... In other words I coudn't appreciate whether I was soldering it well or not... I tried not to set a very high temperature just in case I ruined everything.. The result was what I said.. Cold soldering... Definitely it is way harder than the idea we make when we see the pics here..

The whole chip socket is smaller than a toothbrush head

Attached Files:

Last edited by Astur_torque, Jul 16, 2020
    matias3ds and SonyUSA like this.
  7. Artwebb

Artwebb Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    God damn you got a monster tooth brush head. You should really look into an electric :)

8. Soapyme

Soapyme Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Just ordered an SX core. The last modchip I installed was about 12 years ago. It was. D2C key on the wii. I remember that being pretty difficult but doable. Does anyone know how it compares to that difficulty wise?

9. squee666

United Kingdom
    the core shouldnt be as intensive as that its tiny soldering but steady hands help

Last edited by squee666, Jul 16, 2020
    Soapyme likes this.
  10. Alramir

Alramir Mainline Injector

United Kingdom
    First SX Core arrived today, second one is due soon will be sending both off to @squee666 for his amazing work. cant wait! :D

11. Soapyme

Soapyme Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Hope my eyesight hasn’t deteriorated too much in those 12 years!

masbass likes this.
  12. sbaq

sbaq Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hello i have 2 Old RCM Switch but one Lite any my SX Lite is coming i have somebody whi is good with installing. but i have 2 Questions. How do i get my Keys so my Nand Dump is complete(Atmsophere and Sept Folder is not Working) How can i use Incognito for my Serialnumber??? THX

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Nand Dump and EmmuNad is no Problem with SX OS ..

13. squee666

United Kingdom
    nand dump and emunand is no problem with sx os it does a full raw nand dump with boot0 and boot1 , atmosphere isnt working as the devs need to update the payloads.

You can use the homebrew .NRO of incognito to wipe your serial using the tinfoil version will cause a brick to whatever sysnand/emunand you were using.

masbass likes this.
  14. sbaq

sbaq Member
    Newcomer

United States
    And how do i get my Prod.key?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

So only Incognito.nro in EmuNand right? And how do iget my keys (Prod.keys) SX OS doesnt have this festure

15. Astur_torque

Astur_torque GBAtemp Regular

Spain
    incognito is not neccesary with stealth mode

16. sbaq

sbaq Member
    Newcomer

United States
    So its Save to Backup Nand and EmuNand and maybe 90dns with HBG. But wwhat about my keys. I know there are important with the RCM mopdels i have

17. ChronoTrig

ChronoTrig Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I meant to reply to this yesterday but got caught into alleviating a situation (thread).
    I asked in another thread about the SX Core (patched/Mariko) being compatible with the next Atmosphere (14) and SciresM himself said not in Atmosphere 14.

18. Thejigmaster

Thejigmaster GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yes but
    Yes but what I meant is daybreak the firmware updater will work on SXOS to update to 10.1.0 safely and it’s included with 14.0.0. what sciresm means is AMS won’t run on core or Mariko yet with 14.0.0 but they are working on it also SXOS is atmosphere modified with their own DRM.

ChronoTrig likes this.
  19. XD2020

XD2020 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    So I finally got my SX Core chip in the United States. I pre-ordered from TXSwitch on 5/20/20. (57 days ago) It took 20 days to ship (6/9/20), 6 days to get the US, held and drove across the country twice by Newgistics/Pitney Bowes for 30 days, then finally delivered by the USPS 1 day after they received it. If you're in the US and order something from China and it gets picked up by Newgistics/Pitney Bowes - expect to wait a few extra weeks for it to arrive.

Preorder was worthless. I should have just ordered from aliexpress when they came in stock.

Max_034 and Nohman90 like this.
  20. ChronoTrig

ChronoTrig Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Yeah, I'm aware it's Atmosphere's environment except SXOS charges and closed source from taking bits and pieces of everyone else's workings + their own. Part I didn't realize was that Daybreak will be able to run via SXOS. Thanks!

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Received, Units,