SX Core and SX Lite being shipped to reviewers and testers, retail packaging revealed

SXCoreSXLite.png

TX have today announced they have shipped out samples of both their SX Core and SX Lite modchips to the previously selected reviewers and testers.[prebreak][/prebreak]
  • SX Core is compatible with all Switch regular models, whether they are Mariko, patched or unpatched.
  • SX Lite is for all Switch Lite.
  • All firmwares are supported for both regular and lite versions.
  • SX OS license is included with both models.
As we indicated before, both products require soldering. With the help of that large panel of reviewers, we will finetune installation diagrams, correct any bug they might encounter so you have a great experience with our product from day 1.

We are proud of the hard work behind these products and we also can't wait to ship to retailers so all Team Xecuter supporters can enjoy a fully unlocked Switch regardless of the model they have.

If you can solder, we recommend placing your preorder now as demand will be massive (but don't worry, just for May we have already large stocks ready to ship).

If you are not comfortable with soldering, please wait for a installer near you to receive stocks so he can install it for you. Installers will also offer pre-installed consoles so you have all ready at once if you do not own a Switch yet.
Unfortunately for the less experienced modders, some soldering will be required, but we should hopefully have more information as reviewers and testers receive their samples. Until then, TX reminds you to stay safe and get ready to enjoy, releasing some exciting pictures of the retail packaging!

SX_2020-05-06-1.png SX_2020-05-06-2.png SX_2020-05-06-3.png

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

Legend Of Kay

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
W
First I was going to respond "Boo".

But, I am basically happy. If the clones work perfectly, they work for me!

Most people know that these chips are really made for stealing the tough hard work of game developers anyway.
why not just use the mod chip created by the company that developed it rather then get a cheap knock off? A team did a bunch of hard work and they don’t deserve anything for it?

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, they (the game developers) sure do.

Make sure to unionise and please vote for Bernie Sanders style people. Hopefully lowly game developers will get a little more money.
game developers are like music artists only 1000 times poorer
they don't see a single cent more if more copies are sold same as whatever shitty pop star does not get a cent more from their label if more of whatever medium is being used for distribution these days is sold

i am fine with giving TX my money for their product

that said i am also fine with another chip that copies TX work that is for non SXOS FW's since TX is not selling the chip separate from SXOS
now if TX sold the chip without the licence like they did with their dongles it would be a different story

but i use SXOS anyways because i rather use XCI than NSP's and TX has implemented better features for their FW than the other FW's

there is not much more innovation they could do to the chip itself
if another company copies it for use with non SXOS FW's then it doesn't really take that much away from the scene
but i think it is fine for TX to sell it only as a bundle with their OS at first to recuop their development costs and to make some money for themselves
same as they did with their dongles wait a awhile before offering an option that does not include SXOS
they will probably sell it bundled till a clone comes out then they will offer it as just a stand alone chip to compete with the clones
but i can't see there being much price difference or better quality chip than the original
so really not much point in clones anyways ,other than maybe to fore TX's hand to offer a non bundled chip solution sooner

Last edited by weatMod,

Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
gamed developers are like music artists only 1000 times poorer
they don't see a single cent more if more copies are sold same as whatever shitty pop star does not get a cent more from their label if more of whatever medium is being used for distribution these days is sold
Both are clown "professions", but music much moreso.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you are a software programmer who has worked making computer games... that is an exception in my view. Sort of. Game programming is said to be the hardest kind of programming but it has some of the worst working conditions and terrible pay for their special skills.

Last edited by Pokemon_Tea_Sea_Jee,
Reactions: weatMod

Whitak3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:wtf: FCC and CE approved

That "CE" isn't the CE you're thinking about. They do it on purpose to try and look like European Conformance, but it only stands for "China Export". There are a few articles that came out 'exposing' the difference.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can't lie, for a short moment I kind of had the same feeling I had back when all of this Switch hacking started and SX OS was the first CFW I got.
I couldn't care less though as I have a hacked Switch here and use Atmosphère these days (at least most of the time).
Good to know that all models are hackable now though, so congrats on that.

Reactions: semzorro

jester_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hear from a couple people that there will only be a a few solder points (<10) and that they are not micro-solders that need a magnifying glass/microscope or anything crazy. Hope they are right. You can believe me or not, but they have given good info before

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hear from a couple people that there will only be a a few solder points (<10) and that they are not micro-solders that need a magnifying glass/microscope or anything crazy. Hope they are right. You can believe me or not, but they have given good info before
less than 10 is not exacty "a few" LOL
that is still a LOT of soldering

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

if the soldering is hard then i might wait for this
not sure this is really a thing i remeber them saying this very early on but who knows if they have abandon it, they said it would not be an ideal install too
unless you are referring to a more recent comment from TX/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1