• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 18,686
  • Replies 37
  • Likes 1
D

Deleted User

OP
With SX Core & SX Lite Firmwares dumped unencrypted via CVE-2020-15808 (nickname MicroShock(?), CVE reproduction not yet available), a flash dump exploit in STMicroelectronics microcontrollers and clones (including the GD32 microcontroller). Do you think we'll be getting clones, how soon, and if so how long do you think before we're dancing the R4 Mambo again with hordes of full-featured clones rushing the market?

Personally? I'm excited, I already bought an extra Switch Lite out of my savings in anticipation there'll be at least 1 clone.

Reactions: WayOfTheRoad

WayOfTheRoad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking of finally grabbing an SX Lite for my Switch Lite but

1. I can't find a trusted source for one.

2. Just heard about this a few days back. Now I may just wait for the almost certain SX Clones to come.

WayOfTheRoad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would expect half a year more.

Yeah, that seems accurate. From what I've heads there is still a bit to be worked out and it also takes planning, manufacturing, etc.

I'd say 6-12 months is about right. I still wish I had a source for an SX Lite but I don't. Been given a few leads and they're always gone by the time I order. Then the listings found on my own searches seem... not legitimate at best haha.

Reactions: altorn
D

Deleted User

OP
AliExpress is full of them, as well as some active members here (please don't pm me).
We're talking about SX Core and SX Lite, the internal modchip that works on new model Switches and Switch lite, not the SX dongle which uses Fusee-Gelee on older model Switches.

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We're talking about SX Core and SX Lite, the internal modchip that works on new model Switches and Switch lite, not the SX dongle which uses Fusee-Gelee on older model Switches.
So are they.

Search aliexpress for "sc core" and I see 3 sellers selling the core/lite.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So are they.

Not clones though.
With SX Core & SX Lite Firmwares dumped unencrypted via CVE-2020-15808 (nickname MicroShock(?), CVE reproduction not yet available), a flash dump exploit in STMicroelectronics microcontrollers and clones (including the GD32 microcontroller). Do you think we'll be getting clones, how soon, and if so how long do you think before we're dancing the R4 Mambo again with hordes of full-featured clones rushing the market?

Personally? I'm excited, I already bought an extra Switch Lite out of my savings in anticipation there'll be at least 1 clone.
It'll probably be more like Gateway 3DS all over again. Companies clone the hardware, are too lazy to write their own CFW, so they just rip it, try to patch out the anti-clone code, do a bad job at it and everyone suffers.
Or they could just let people run whatever CFW they like instead of bundling one. I suppose that would be the best. But then they can't advertise XCI loading.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: Deleted User

WayOfTheRoad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So are they.

Yeah, I searched and found those 3 but none of them seem legit. Any place with perfect reviews all from the same country are dubious (at best) to me.

I'm ok now though.

D

Deleted User

OP
Not clones though.

That's what I was thinking too, I've seen a few Ali listings (usually "PAYMENT" listings) go up and down for official SX parts but even if official units or official-compatible units are available, they're pretty useless while Team Xecuter is dead. Clones are where the future of hard modding new model Switches lies now.

It'll probably be more like Gateway 3DS all over again. Companies clone the hardware, are too lazy to write their own CFW, so they just rip it, try to patch out the anti-clone code, do a bad job at it and everyone suffers.
Or they could just let people run whatever CFW they like instead of bundling one. I suppose that would be the best. But then they can't advertise XCI loading.

If they're smart about it, they'll do the latter. SX OS's few unique features aren't worth the headaches of bricked hardware for the resellers that actually have to sell the chips internationally.

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Yeah i know, i can read. He said he was wishing for an SXLite supplier, i told him where to grab one.

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
I know of at least one person working on it who made good progress but they were scared off by people saying it was illegal in the RS Discord. I think clones will come eventually but I don't think they will be open source because of the aforementioned legal issues. I don't understand it but it's some weird legal issue to do with the platform security module which software hax doesn't mess with but glitch chips do.

JaRocker

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
We an sx alternative, not a clone, we need something that’s open and able to use other payloads aside from Sx payload, is you just wanna run sx os then there’s no need for clones just but the originals. As stated in the previous post you can find them if you look hard enough, I did

Last edited by JaRocker,
Reactions: linuxares

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can't the chips just be blank to get around being illegal? The old xbox chips used to come blank or with a linux bios. Same with the early gamecube chips, my viper GC came blank and needed a "3rd party" totally nothing to do with the chip maker bios flashed to it to do anything useful. Early glitch chips for the 360 were blank.

Is something inherently different with switch one? Can it not just be sold completely blank as a "development board" or whatever nonsense and then have the user flash it to do anything useful.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
We need an sx alternative not a clone, we need something that’s open and able to use other payload aside from Sx payload, is you just wanna run sx os then there’s no need for clones just but the originals. As stated in the previous post you can find them if you look hard enough, I did
What exactly can you do with the clones? Just boot SXOS?

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What exactly can you do with the clones? Just boot SXOS?

There are no clones as yet, you can still buy the real thing. If someone makes clones and they are any good then you should be able to boot either sxos or atmosphere:

JaRocker

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
if we had a clone it would just do the same thing that the original and that would be pointless,
well maybe you could get it for a lower price but that's about it

Last edited by JaRocker,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool