Hacking Sword Art Online: Infinity Moment [PSP]

ultrab

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is Sword Art Online: Infinity Moment's translation project.
The patch hasn't been released yet and this post will be updated when it has. Do not ask for a release date, you will be ignored and possibly trolled. This also applies to partial/menu patches.
We are also aware that there is a blog containing a translated story script. We have however decided not to use it.
We're (...) waiting to see if [Sword Art Online - Hollow Fragment's] translation is better than the Asian English release got, as you can see in the screenshots above, it's not very good. If the translation is good, then we will see if we can extract the texts from Hollow Fragment and port it over. If not, then we will likely continue making our own translation. A port would be much faster, if it is possible to do, which is why I would prefer to use that.
nyUwPGU.png

What is "Sword Art Online"?

Sword Art Online AKA SAO, is a Japanese light novel series written by Reki Kawahara. The series takes place in the near-future and focuses on various virtual reality MMORPG worlds. The world of SAO takes the form of a giant floating castle called Aincrad, with 100 floors in it. Each floor has a medieval-themed setting and a dungeon with a boss, which has to be defeated before players can advance to the next higher floor. Like most RPGs, it implements a level-based system. However, the game is altered in a manner in which players are unable to log out, and if players die in-game, their real life body dies too.

Source: Wikipedia

Sword Art Online: Infinity Moment follows an alternate storyline,
in which a glitch causes Kirito and the other players to remain in Sword Art Online despite defeating Heathcliff,
and players from other VMMORPGs such as Leafa and Sinon get sucked into the game themselves.
The game was released in both regular and limited edition box sets on March 14, 2013.

Source: Wikipedia
Warning: Most of the screenshots have a higher quality due to PPSSPP. They are also quite outdated. The following pictures have been resized to 480p resolution, you can find them in their native resolution here. There are more pictures in the link.

OfbStgV.jpg

5Xdhhnx.jpg

ZOhCMvZ.jpg

dDIKxK1.jpg

wKbnNrC.jpg

This pic is outdated. The - Infinity Moments - part has already been corrected.

6CGQXnB.jpg

iSaLB6I.png

eJZ1EJL.jpg

OW56bJG.jpg

5xWgFiT.jpg

YUFIboL.jpg

Jx1o94v.jpg
Warning: The following percentages are estimates and in no way exact. They will be updated when I (Kalker3) or StorMyu feel doing so.

Menus: 90%
Items, skills and descriptions have been translated. IIRC, the last 10% are minor stuff like fixing the guild menu and formatting the emails.
Story: 2%
Movies: 0% (Translated, not yet subbed)
People working on this project:

Translators:
FuyuNoTsuki
Sporky McForkinspoon
Tsuna
Unstoppable Smash Attack

Programmers:
Omarrrio
Stardrad Yin
StorMyu

Editors:
Kalker3
XaneTenshi

Graphics:
iSupercell

Special Thanks To:
Romsstar

Feel free to send Sporky Mcforkinspoon or StorMyu a PM (Personal Message) if you think you can contribute.

Hey guys, im creating this thread for those who are big fans and for those who didnt know about this game of SAO, this game is not released yet, but im just going to dive and from this point hope someone start thinking of making a translation (im just saying to start thinking to make, not to make! it would be very appreciated)

swordartonlineinfinitym.png

Namco Bandai’s upcoming PSP conversion of Sword Art Onlinefollows a story different from the newly launched anime.
In the game version, a mysterious system error occurs in Aincrad, the 100-floor world of the in-game MMO ‘Sword Art Online’. The game becomes realized on the 75th floor of Aincrad and beyond. Players are tasked with climbing the next 25 stories. Just like the anime, there are bosses on each floor, but there are also mobs over level 90. It is unclear at what level players start the game.
You’ll play as Kirito, the main character of the anime, who can be equipped with a number of weapons, including: a one-handed sword, dual swords, dual axes, a dagger, or a rapier. Each weapon will have its own Sword Skills. In addition to skills which appeared in the anime, there will also be skills outside battle. New, unique skills will appear by continuing the “Sword Arts School.”

Release date: March 14, 2013

Trailers:

Screenshots:

1.jpg

3.jpg

25-sword-art-online-infinity-moment-3.jpg

4.jpg

TVG-PSP-3090_05.jpg

tumblr_m9z3tvr92e1qjja0no5_500.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

If anyone is fan too i hope someone start thinking to translate this, for me, and for all those who like this awesome anime ^^

Official Game Website:
http://swordart-online-game.channel.or.jp/

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Please don't just think it's a piece of cake to translate something, for the moment most project were friendly enough but it could also be a real mess and the PSP is still not up to the task when it comes to debugging.
(thus why I have big troubles fixing some "little" stuff in Digimon right now)

Edit: but the game does look nice. worth a shot, and also most things is already in English so...

ultrab

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Please don't just think it's a piece of cake to translate something, for the moment most project were friendly enough but it could also be a real mess and the PSP is still not up to the task when it comes to debugging.
(thus why I have big troubles fixing some "little" stuff in Digimon right now)

Edit: but the game does look nice. worth a shot, and also most things is already in English so...

Yh i know that myu, i never said it was easy, if you guys could in the future take a shot to it me and much others would be very appreciated, dont get me wrong, think first and then when u guys have the time go for it, i love ur guys patches, and i imagine the work that they give, so as u guys says, i can w8 for a "perfect thing" to be made, ty for the feedback myu ;)

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
well no problem, but I'm sure you'll have tons of "menu patch" first (even if from what I see most of the stuff is already in English xD)
I like to work on translation project but I have already tons to finish first, but I guess I'll take a glance when it comes out just to tell you if it's do-able or not.

ultrab

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
well no problem, but I'm sure you'll have tons of "menu patch" first (even if from what I see most of the stuff is already in English xD)
I like to work on translation project but I have already tons to finish first, but I guess I'll take a glance when it comes out just to tell you if it's do-able or not.

Ok, u have my gratitude, hope u, Roxas and the others could take a look at this "seriously", ty ;)

RyanHwang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
it's looked like P.S.P2 !!! well its a great stroy for future technology game. and i really enjoy the anime :>
I could help u if u want

ultrab

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
it's looked like P.S.P2 !!! well its a great stroy for future technology game. and i really enjoy the anime :>
I could help u if u want

If you are refering to translation, talk with Stormyu, i think if u know that stuff u guys can talk about and come with agreements for translations.

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately is easier to pray for World Peace :/

Actually, it's easier if you just give the game a try. Picking up PSP translation isn't that difficult for most games. Especially ones with lots of English already in it. This one ought to be pretty easy since it should have correct spacing between all the characters already (Keywords are ought and should). All you gotta do is pick up a bit of coding and Japanese. It'll take about a year to fully learn Japanese and maybe 6th months to learn what you need for the game, providing there are no huge setbacks.

ultrab

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm just a common user, from translations or japanese language i dont know nothing, my role here is just to "lift the will up" of someone who can translate this game, i know he has somes parts in english already but im talking about a FULL PATCH, cause i want to read all story and stuff (im not asking for someone TO DO IT, if someone COULD do it its another thing, dont get me wrong), since StarMyu said he would take a look whens he gets out, and then after we hope to get some good news ;)

RaphaelDDL

Trophies
Website
raphaelddl.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Actually, it's easier if you just give the game a try. Picking up PSP translation isn't that difficult for most games. Especially ones with lots of English already in it. This one ought to be pretty easy since it should have correct spacing between all the characters already (Keywords are ought and should). All you gotta do is pick up a bit of coding and Japanese. It'll take about a year to fully learn Japanese and maybe 6th months to learn what you need for the game, providing there are no huge setbacks.

I was actually refeering to official translation a.k.a. a soft-house translate (like Atlus) and sell on stores.

Anyways, Ione year is not enough to learn Japanese to talk or even get the kanjis.

Reactions: kagekyo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr