Sword Art Online: Infinity Moment English Patch v2.0

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by HoaiTrung97, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Xmortal

Xmortal Other Nickname Legarad

May 28, 2008
    Venezuela
    Venezuela
    He is continuing on his own site still as a forced donation

2. Tokiri

Tokiri Member

Newcomer
    May 22, 2016
    Switzerland
    imo, while its sad to see this happening, on the other hand I think it's a good thing to call out someone that such action is not ok, especially if the translation is backported and not made by themself.

3. jKirito

jKirito Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 2, 2019
    Brazil
    Does anyone have the site where it continues?

4. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    if it's not his own words, but he just extract it from another game to reinsert in this one, then it's even worse.
    he is making money from someone else work which the company paid to get translated.

He doesn't understand the meaning of fan translation, and paid/rewarded work.

I'm not sure it's a good idea to link to and promote his website.

Last edited by Cyan, Jul 9, 2019
    swosho, Juancrack97 and alexander1970 like this.
  5. jKirito

jKirito Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 2, 2019
    Brazil
    I could open an ISO, I can not find a tool to extract INSTALL.DAT, could anyone help me? I'm translating to Portuguese, I managed to translate with a hexadecimal editor a bit but I wanted to access a story.

6. Juancrack97

Juancrack97 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 10, 2019
    Mexico
    The project still alive, I have always checked his blog and I see that he always updates his progress.
    Now, I talked with him, I understand his situation, on first place the moderator is right, GBAtemp is a site/forum for help, discussions, homebrew and some contributions about videogames, consoles etc., but this is not the right place to upload copyrighted content (for that there are other sites) and much less profit from that content, otherwise gbatemp would get in trouble, Now in general it's right that he wants to ask for donation and support to carry out the project and I also know that there are people who don't value what you do, I advised him that do not upload the project until he has had enough donations and he has finished it. The problem is when he wants to sell the game with patch when he launch it which is not right, there are many people who also want to play that game and don't have enough resources as him at the same time he is selling something which isn't his.
    I Tried to be neutral with him and still rejected me completely, he thinks that if I do not give him money I'm useless :(.

The file that contains the saved discussion was removed to avoid controversies.

Last edited by Juancrack97, Jul 10, 2019
  7. MiguelinCrafter

MiguelinCrafter Halt!

Jan 8, 2015
    United States
    Ready? GO!
    This dude makes me laugh, not only is his english mediocre yet he's asking for money for his crappy translations, now he's apparently also taking text straight up from other releases of the same game

I say, ban this dude, he pretty much used GBAtemp as a way to promote his own shit

8. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    I also just state the truth by logic, I didn't ban or delete and always talked to him with proper explanations. but he just has its own view and way to do it.

Well, he can continue if he wants, I can't force him. he just risk legal issues and that would be too bad. Last time a team released a patched translated game using owner's resources (inserted translation, if I remember?), they got c&d letters (I think about Final Fantasy zero and SquareEnix).
    At best, he will get a Cease and desist letter from the owner. at worse, he won't listen and still release it.

That's just caring attention I tried to provide. up to him to listen or not.

9. Fireminer

Fireminer Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 19, 2017
    Vietnam
    I thought that the C&D situation with Final Fantasy Type-0 happened because just before the English patch came out, Square Enix announced the HD Remake on E3 2014. The translators had not used any resources from Square Enix's other property, right?

Anyway, this whole thing with selling SAO: Infinity Moment translation is kind of moot. Anyone can pirate SAO: Hollow Fragments nowadays.

10. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    you are right that SE decided to release it officially and that's why they asked to not release the patch (not the reason I said above). They released it anyway, but if they worked hard to translate it I understand it can be frustrated to see all your time and effort wasted. I don't have to judge on that, it's not my project. I'm just happy to see big project being completed without any letter right at the end, like ni no kuni (3-4 years of work!).

11. StorMyu

StorMyu "I'm too old for this"

Jan 2, 2010
    France
    now I feel bad for giving him what little asm hack I did a decade ago...

That'll teach me for being nice.

m4rc0 likes this.
  12. jKirito

jKirito Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 2, 2019
    Brazil
    Alguém poderia me dar uma dica sobre como extrair o Install.DAT?

13. MiguelinCrafter

MiguelinCrafter Halt!

Jan 8, 2015
    United States
    Ready? GO!
    Oof, that blows mate

14. cyb0rg_a0

cyb0rg_a0 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2019
    Philippines
    install.dat is a cpk file, just go to the previous thread, someone has already shared a tools there. I can't remember if it includes text insertion for story dialogues though, but for ofs3 files, someone shared a great tool for that.
    although, the problem from last who work on this, is character limit in the dialogue box, specially on mail.

jKirito likes this.
  15. Cyan

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    noo, you have been nice to me once, and I'm grateful for that :)
    you gave me direction and I managed to do what I wanted. that's always nice to have someone helping you.

16. jKirito
    This message by jKirito has been removed from public view by Cyan, Jul 15, 2019 at 8:57 PM, Reason: sorry, this is an english forum..
    Jul 14, 2019 at 5:10 PM
  17. HoaiTrung97
    OP

HoaiTrung97 Hikikomori-Senpai

Aug 15, 2018
    Japan
    Shibuya New Generation
    Just accidentally read this comment. It made me a little F>$ about what someone look at me.

1. I still have not used any ASM code from you, Stormyu-san, include the fix code to UTF8 because I realize that it caused a bug a few place. And about Fix problem \n, I actually solved it before you share all code for me, so I really haven't taken anything else from you.

2. Almost text too long, or really dont enough space to me rewrite, a few place still untranslated, some else even dont exist in vita, and all I still fix it by myself.

You can compare it with vita or PC, and you will know it complete same like or not, so about copyright, this complete unless right? Because even my translation dont same like vita and with this progress i think now it get more 70%, because almost I edited all to suit with psp. even if it still crap patch it also do by me, so what i do not false.

3. Maybe all problem appear, almost due my english, i think so.
    Also I dont focus anyone to do thing, why anyone still think i want focus them? That strange While i dont say anything about it.

I just need support a little money just enough to me can connect internet and upload it, but yeah. all them and you think that i do thing because myself?

Well, a few $ dont enough to i eat, you also know, and sure a things, can at your country internet free a few place or anyone also have it. but sorry, my place even dont any a place share or borrow it free. I my life also not good more someone still think.