1. ganons

ganons GBAtemp Addict

We're now testing the final build before public release to hunt down bugs.

-Ave (@warnvod)

MrCokeacola likes this.
  2. Naster

Naster GBAtemp Regular

Serbia, Republic of
    Can’t wait to test all android shit

3. Jokey_Carrot

Jokey_Carrot G̶B̶A̶T̶e̶m̶p̶ ̶A̶d̶d̶i̶c̶t̶ Heroin Addict.

United Kingdom
    we have phones, it's just that they don't have 256 core maxwell gpu's and controllers attached to the sides.

4. rafaelia

rafaelia Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Having android as a horizon replacement with all the functionality is the dream.

Unlikely I know, but one can hope.

5. zragnarok

zragnarok GBAtemp Regular

United States
    For me its the non gaming Android apps that would be useful... Youtube TV, Hulu, Kindle, Comic/Manga, SMB Network explorer, hell a full brown Chrome browser.

6. brunocar

brunocar GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Argentina
    why use a switch for that? just use a different device with a better screen

7. StarGazerTom

StarGazerTom GBAtemp Addict

Portability. Also, early switches have amazing screens, in particular, launch night switches. Not to mention having yet ANOTHER device, when you can just use 1 instead of 2 or 3.

8. brunocar

brunocar GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Argentina
    uh... just use an android tablet or a phone.

9. yummycake

yummycake GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I hope for Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp at least. v.v
    Probably not.

10. Skirlez

Skirlez GBAtemp Regular

Israel
    Why is that?
    I can't think of a problem with the original data still being there, except for it being messy. I don't even see that quote on the original page.

11. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Oh I missed that part where you need a dedicated sd card, I'm out. Not interested in switching sd cards all the time.

12. Dartz150

Dartz150 Yet another Onii-chan

Mexico
    It still baffles me how people restrain to adapt to something, just because of such simple things like an easy SD swap that will not take you more than two seconds to do lol. I agree with many people saying that we, milenials get used or want everything nearly at an instant with no effort needed.

Last edited by Dartz150, Jul 26, 2019
    Chary likes this.
  13. EmulateLife

United States
    You're just being straight ignorant with that comment. It's not 2 seconds you will have to send the payloads back and forth. The whole point to me is to do things on the fly. Not to mention people make threads all the time how their sd card reader has gone out and it's because they're removing their sd card all the time I take care to never remove mine by using nxmtp and install games through usb. So buddy why don't you worry about yourself if you want to switch sd cards all the time knock yourself out and stop worrying about what I want to don't want to do. That's a good lesson in life in general stay in your own lane stay out of mine.

14. Skirlez

Skirlez GBAtemp Regular

Israel
    That was fast. I was just asking why we need to do it out of curiosity, I actually have another Micro SD Card.

15. phillyrider807

phillyrider807 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    The ability to dual boot as well as reboot to payload will be released in future updates. But as far as everything that will be available with android on switch not being interested simply because (as of now) u need a separate sd card is pretty silly. But hey to each its own.

sawao_yama and Dartz150 like this.
  16. EmulateLife

United States
    I already explained myself a gave a logical reason why (bad sd card reader when removing sd card over and over) you might end up in that situation, or not I really don't care but yet you seem worried about what I do? Now THAT is silly.

If you can give me one reason why me using Android or not effects your life in any way, I'd love to hear it.

17. StarGazerTom

StarGazerTom GBAtemp Addict

I think the big thing that folks are missing is that this is early days. Things such as Dual booting are going to be taking a back seat to getting it up and actually working.

sawao_yama and phillyrider807 like this.
  18. phillyrider807

phillyrider807 GBAtemp Fan

United States

Huh? No one cares if u use it or not dude. I said it's silly to not be interested SOLELY because of the fact u have to use a dedicated memory card. I also expressed the fact that dual booting and reboot to payload are coming later if u just wanted to wait.

But to think i or anyone else really cares if u use it or not is delusional. Stop thinking so highly of yourself.

Chary, sawao_yama and Dartz150 like this.
  19. Dartz150

Dartz150 Yet another Onii-chan

Mexico
    I wasn't meant to be rude, sorry for that, I was just leaving my point of view regarding something that is a neglected reality nowdays, because you should know that I have been thinking and acting this way lately as well. Also, I'm not enforcing you to stop doing whatever you want, because I don't have the right to do so, so you still can do it anyway. And just to point it out, it wouldn't be on the fly actually, you'll still need to reboot the console to load a payload that boots into Horizon and backwards everytime, and one must do something really dumb to break the SD reader as it has a spring that ejects the card without any sign of damage or problems.

Anyway, as someone said, support for multiple partitions will come eventually so, is pointless to argue over this anymore haha.

20. EmulateLife

United States
    You put yourself out there that it was silly that someone else didn't want to switch sd cards, you were given a valid reason why that person doesn't want to do that. Still don't like it? Kiss my ass.

21. Deleted User
    This message by Deleted User has been removed from public view by porkiewpyne, Jul 27, 2019.
    Jul 26, 2019

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Switchroot, Nintendo, release