Switching to CycloDS

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by Herr Riz, Mar 10, 2008.

Mar 10, 2008

Switching to CycloDS by Herr Riz at 10:05 AM (1,702 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Herr Riz
    OP

Newcomer Herr Riz Member

United States
    I'm switching from a DS-X to a CycloDS Evo on Tuesday. What kind of things should I know for the transition?

For example, will I have to convert my save files, or can I just copy them over? I'm wary about doing so, since I heard those converters cause save corruption.
    Second, I have a 3in1, with the loader and backup tools DLDI patched for DS-X. I see the CycloDS has an autopatcher, so will that fix them for me?
    Also, are there any essential downloads for a new CycloDS Evo?

Thanks in advance.

2. NeSchn

Member NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

United States
    shunyweb.info is great gamesave converter! It works with some of my saves but not all, and its runned by a user of this board too. I don't know anything about EZ 3-in-1, but Cyclo has AutoDLDI patching. The new firmware came out last week, its really easy to use just follow the instructions and your golden.

Buy from Realhotstuff.com since your in the US, it usually comes within 2 days.

3. Herr Riz
    OP

Newcomer Herr Riz Member

United States
    Thanks for the reply. Didn't that converter cause corruption with Pokemon, or was that caused by Pokesav?

4. NeSchn

Member NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

United States
    I don't play Pokemon so I don't know, Sorry.

5. euphemism

Member euphemism GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Also, it's a good idea to get the EvoTools for you PC, if you have one.

6. Herr Riz
    OP

Newcomer Herr Riz Member

United States
    My Advance Wars: Days of Ruin save got corrupted in conversion. Hopefully it's the only casualty...

7. Herr Riz
    OP

Newcomer Herr Riz Member

United States
    Reporting back for other possible switchers.

Shiren the Wanderer also got corrupted after two or three times playing it with a converted save. The only link between the two games is that they're both arm7 protected games that I converted the save for after playing with the new DSX firmware.

Other than the save corruption, which is NOT the CycloDS's fault, I've been very satisfied. The skins can't be scripted like DS-X skins can, and it doesn't have the cool LEDs, but otherwise the cart is superior in every way. I'd highly recommend it.

8. DespizingU

Member DespizingU GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    This cart awesome. I'd imagine it's superior to the DS-X in every possible way. Although the DS-X has internal memory(which i prefer over microsd because of it's speed), that's probably it's only pro.