Hacking Switching to A9LH from GW

blax722

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, yeah, you are right, sorry for me being ignorant, just I am doing this all day and my brain somehow does not work anymore.
Thank you very much, I appreciate your help.

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
People really overcomplicate this. You can have your A9LH SysNAND on 11.0. As long as you have 9.2 EmuNAND, you can still boot GW. This is what I do.

But regardless, the op wants to ditch GW.

Then again, I'm no gateway user. I don't overcomplicate anything, I just want to have a 9.2 sysnand.

There are many reasons for that. I have my own ones.
- A pretty good one is the reselling value of a vanilla 9.2 N3ds versus a 11.0 N3ds seeing the changelog. I won't sell my systems, still.
- Another one is having a 9.2 FIRM stored in sysnand's CTRNAND. Could come in handy, for several reasons.
- A decent one is the migration value. If you had a 9.2 sysnand and worked with menuhax and emunand, it's by far easier setup any emunand capable cfw to boot your "old" emunand with your game tickets and complying savedata/extdata right after A9LH install is complete.
- A point rised in other threads suggest the replaceability of an SD. Perhaps it's slower, but if it corrupts or breaks your sysnand is still fine. Arguably less writes/reads to real nand extend his life span.

I'm sure you also have a list of reasons why ditching emunand is a good move. It's fine. Your system, your rules.
There's not a real difference in setup schemas for grown ups.

Then again, you are right, we are kinda derailing the thread. Thanks.

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, so I finally managed to do it!
Right now I have my N3DS with A9LH and all my eshop content on sysnand! Thanks a lot, @Temptress Cerise @Urbanshadow @samiam144 @Sumea! Without you guys, I would't make it! :) Thank you!

I don't know exactly how I contributed but hey, glad it come out well. Enjoy your system. Remember to setup the uncart for a9lh (it's in Plailect's guide I think) to pass your owned carts to .3ds :)

emuashui

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Sounds like you have the NTR firmware.bin inside your Luma folder, I overlooked that at one point, and had a similar issue, removing it, fixed my issues of booting into GW Menu/Mode from an A9LH Luma3DS 9.2 sysNAND.

Edit: thank Temptress Cerise, yes you are right and my test confirms it, by removing /luma/firmware.bin (after successful installation of a9lh) the GW menu/mode can also be accessed thru hbl on a9lh installed 9.2 sysnand, apart from 9.2 emunand.

Last edited by emuashui,

emuashui

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong

Edit: thank Temptress Cerise, yes you are right and my test confirms it, by removing /luma/firmware.bin (after successful installation of a9lh) the GW menu/mode can also be accessed thru hbl on a9lh installed 9.2 sysnand, apart from 9.2 emunand.

Can i also enter GW menu thru hbl on a9lh installed 9.2 sysnand, if i place firm90.bin in /luma/ instead?
Or, need to rename the file there to firmware. bin then?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr